Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

J

Jenny H

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
We collected our Cali Coast today - an hours drive from home.
I didnt go through my long checklist as I was too overwhelmed & excited, together with the social distancing issue, but have started ticking that off from home.
First impressions are -
Its very very smart - the wood floor is fab with the brushed oak cabinets.
So much easier to drive than anticipated with good all round vision.
The space feels huge & so much storage too.
Bizarrely relieved still in lockdown as its going to take me weeks to navigate everything!
Have popped the top & yes the manual lifting takes some muscle power but hoping it becomes easier over time.
One thing I noticed having popped the top was along the roof channel what looked like blue tack sporadically down both sides - emailed the dealer who didnt know initially but upon checking all the other Coasts its the same but not in the Ocean due to the electric roof.
Very pleased & feeling very blessed :)

Cali Bus 1.jpg

S

Stu@rt

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I didnt go through my long checklist as I was too overwhelmed & excited, together with the social distancing issue, but have started ticking that off from home.
First impressions are -
Bizarrely relieved still in lockdown as its going to take me weeks to navigate everything!
Have popped the top & yes the manual lifting takes some muscle power but hoping it becomes easier over time.
One thing I noticed having popped the top was along the roof channel what looked like blue tack sporadically down both sides - emailed the dealer who didnt know initially but upon checking all the other Coasts its the same but not in the Ocean due to the electric roof.

View attachment 74677
So pleased for you Jenny. Well done you.

J

Jenny H

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Cali Bus 3.jpgSo pleased for you Jenny. Well done you.
Ahhh thank you Stuart, I have to say the wooden floor is one of my favourite things its well worth it - Ive bought a hug rug so I can throw it in the washing machine as really dont want to be covering all that lovely floor. Its so smart. The front opening is fab too as is the comfort lighting. Not sure the tinted glass is quite dark enough but guess that can be addressed if need be.

Cali Bus 4.jpg

Cali Bus 5.jpg

S

Stu@rt

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Ahhh thank you Stuart, I have to say the wooden floor is one of my favourite things its well worth it - Ive bought a hug rug so I can throw it in the washing machine as really dont want to be covering all that lovely floor. Its so smart. The front opening is fab too as is the comfort lighting. Not sure the tinted glass is quite dark enough but guess that can be addressed if need be.

View attachment 74679

View attachment 74680
Thanks so much for the pics, it does indeed look stunning. I've so many questions for you, but will leave you to enjoy your day. I'm so pleased that you are pleased, if that makes sense? I know just apprehensive you were. Looks fab

J

Jenny H

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Thanks so much for the pics, it does indeed look stunning. I've so many questions for you, but will leave you to enjoy your day. I'm so pleased that you are pleased, if that makes sense? I know just apprehensive you were. Looks fab
Thank you Stuart, yes I was apprehensive & when I saw how smart it was did feel worried about driving such an expensive vehicle but it was so lovely to drive I soon forgot that.
Going to accessorize tomorrow with all my bits & bobs, & start ticking off the checklist & fathoming out the camping controls. There really is some wonderful features.
Feel free to ask any questions, Im hoping it all becomes more self-explanatory when you have it all in front of you!
Still cant quite believe it tbh!

L

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
First impressions are -

View attachment 74677
Fantastic! the floor looks really nice against the kitchen cabinets, glad I specc'd it. Did you add any other options ? Have fun exploring this weekend :)

J

Jenny H

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Fantastic! the floor looks really nice against the kitchen cabinets, glad I specc'd it. Did you add any other options ? Have fun exploring this weekend :)
Thank you - yes the opening front which is a must, the comfort lighting which is atmospheric, the larger fuel tank, davenports I think look classic, tinted glass which Im not sure is quite dark enough & 2 tone paint. Not long to wait for yours too :D

L

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Thank you - yes the opening front which is a must, the comfort lighting which is atmospheric, the larger fuel tank, davenports I think look classic, tinted glass which Im not sure is quite dark enough & 2 tone paint. Not long to wait for yours too :D
Ohh 2 tone paint nice! Ours is arriving at the dealers Monday or Tuesday and they are going to send me a video, we are very excited, it's been a long winter and a long time coming

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Congrats. Nice to live vicariously through others as I have another 6+ months wait for my 199/204 4Mo Coast. I also speced the wood effect floor and it does indeed look classy. By 'opening front' I guess you mean the panoramic canvas bellows, which I also wanted. Ascot/white 2 tone is my fav colour option but Ascot wasn't available on the LHD 'Edition' model :(
Autumn can't come soon enough.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Congrats. Nice to live vicariously through others as I have another 6+ months wait for my 199/204 4Mo Coast. I also speced the wood effect floor and it does indeed look classy. By 'opening front' I guess you mean the panoramic canvas bellows, which I also wanted. Ascot/white 2 tone is my fav colour option but Ascot wasn't available on the LHD 'Edition' model :(
Autumn can't come soon enough.
Strange how VW restrict combinations. What colour ‘Edition’ did you spec?

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I see the black b pillars and mirrors. Do you also get a darker tint in the rear?
Yes, there's privacy tint, LED HL/TL, LED interior lights, fog lights, 17" wheels, shower, comfort mattress included and black paint panel on pop top which should help camouflage the solar panels

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Well fingers and everything else crossed the build process of our 204..4motion will be completed this week....my wife and I are still trying to refrain from being excited (well my wife is...lol) but hopefully our camper might be on its way to Grimsby very soon. As I live near there I could go with binoculars and try to identify it from outside the vehicle compound and longingly look and hope it arrives home soon. Why does a vehicle have such a focus...I have bought many new cars in my life (I am 67) some very special and expensive and classic but none have generated the excitement of a “van“ fitted with beds, a cooker, sink and fridge..what is it with these things
!! Over time you build connections with people on this forum...feeling for their disappointment, pain and anger for lack of information from VW but eventually over time that is replaced with excitement. I have been waiting for that feeling since our order date of mid August, but now it is building.....we can now start to plan our adventures!!

IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Well fingers and everything else crossed the build process of our 204..4motion will be completed this week....my wife and I are still trying to refrain from being excited (well my wife is...lol) but hopefully our camper might be on its way to Grimsby very soon. As I live near there I could go with binoculars and try to identify it from outside the vehicle compound and longingly look and hope it arrives home soon. Why does a vehicle have such a focus...I have bought many new cars in my life (I am 67) some very special and expensive and classic but none have generated the excitement of a “van“ fitted with beds, a cooker, sink and fridge..what is it with these things
!! Over time you build connections with people on this forum...feeling for their disappointment, pain and anger for lack of information from VW but eventually over time that is replaced with excitement. I have been waiting for that feeling since our order date of mid August, but now it is building.....we can now start to plan our adventures!!
Our 204 build is on a similar timeline to yourself, should be moving into week 2 of our build. Fingers crossed for April delivery.

J

JandA

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Our 204 build is on a similar timeline to yourself, should be moving into week 2 of our build. Fingers crossed for April delivery.
Good news I have been looking at the newly released vehicle and engine stats all very interesting at least insurers will now be able to quote

AlisonF

AlisonF

Staff member
forum co ordinator
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
!! Over time you build connections with people on this forum...
And that is what you remember. And then you meet them at a club event and they become long life friends... and you’re cali addict...

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Good news I have been looking at the newly released vehicle and engine stats all very interesting at least insurers will now be able to quote
Do you have a link to those stats?

VW California Club