Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Will it be the case that those marked as June (That's what I am being given from our dealer) will be MY21 and those marked "Half Year 2" will be MY22 ?
In all honesty I didn't ask that question. If that would be the case the dilemma for some may be leave the order alone keep the restricted items and hang on for the extra month to bag a MY22. Not an option for me as I don't have any restricted options.

In all honesty I didn't ask that question. If that would be the case the dilemma for some may be leave the order alone keep the restricted items and hang on for the extra month to bag a MY22. Not an option for me as I don't have any restricted options.
That would be a risky game to play, could end up with MY23 instead at current rate!!
Haven’t heard any rumours on MY22 except possible increased app functionality. Lots of good changes in recent years, but some not so welcome like loss of the dsg sports mode so hope it’s not a cost cutting exercise this time round. A wise multi national conglomerate may well just leave well alone, they’ve got enough supply issues to deal with already.

I emailed broker and they confirmed that I'm position 273 and that if I delete the towbar it will bring the order forward.

I actually don't really need the towbar for anything in particular (more future proofing and options for cycle racks and storage etc) so am close to deleting it, but on the other had I still think at this rate I'll miss the summer anyway so might just hang on (thinking same as previous poster that MY22 changes might take effect).

I emailed broker and they confirmed that I'm position 273 and that if I delete the towbar it will bring the order forward.

I actually don't really need the towbar for anything in particular (more future proofing and options for cycle racks and storage etc) so am close to deleting it, but on the other had I still think at this rate I'll miss the summer anyway so might just hang on (thinking same as previous poster that MY22 changes might take effect).
What are the my22 changes?

I guess unknown at this stage but generally around June/July time they tweak the spec of the van (new Model Year).

For example last year the MY21 change added digital cockpit as a standard option to the Ocean models which didn't upgrade the media unit to the higher spec, they also tweak things like buttons and latches to fix issues. They sometimes take things away though.

I guess unknown at this stage but generally around June/July time they tweak the spec of the van (new Model Year).

For example last year the MY21 change added digital cockpit as a standard option to the Ocean models which didn't upgrade the media unit to the higher spec, they also tweak things like buttons and latches to fix issues. They sometimes take things away though.

thanks brooodie: do you know when any MY changes start being applied to vehicles on the production line? We have a coast on order, have been advised this week our build date “late June/early July” (suspect it will not be June!) - could we expect MY changes to take effect on our order?

thanks brooodie: do you know when any MY changes start being applied to vehicles on the production line? We have a coast on order, have been advised this week our build date “late June/early July” (suspect it will not be June!) - could we expect MY changes to take effect on our order?
Sorry no - I'm just speculating based on previous years, I really don't know anything! I think the dealer would have to inform you though (?) otherwise you'd be receiving a van you didn't pay for which may be different to what you expect.

Other members might have more input based on previous years, searching the forum for 'MY20, MY19' etc makes me thing it's round about late July onwards

Just remembered this. Have you moved any further on? At Emden yet? Pointless asking my van to hold the boat, it's been sitting at Emden since 22nd March.....
Update - our Van arrived in Emden today, after 6 weeks in build. Is yours on a boat yet?

Will it be the case that those marked as June (That's what I am being given from our dealer) will be MY21 and those marked "Half Year 2" will be MY22 ?
New MY commences 1st July, although whether that will hold true this year, who knows.

Sorry no - I'm just speculating based on previous years, I really don't know anything! I think the dealer would have to inform you though (?) otherwise you'd be receiving a van you didn't pay for which may be different to what you expect.

Other members might have more input based on previous years, searching the forum for 'MY20, MY19' etc makes me thing it's round about late July onwards
Cool, that’s helpful anyway : must admit I knew nothing about MY before so it’s all useful info. I’m booked in for a test drive and a play with the vans at the dealers in a couple of weeks, so I will ask them. Cheers

The digital cockpit has always been standard on Ocean without the media upgrade.
From 20 to 21 MY they took away a few things - the useless safe lock button & more importantly the sport mode on the gearbox, and some Weconnect options but added nothing back in.

The digital cockpit has always been standard on Ocean without the media upgrade.
From 20 to 21 MY they took away a few things - the useless safe lock button & more importantly the sport mode on the gearbox, and some Weconnect options but added nothing back in.
Sorry my mistake - I meant that they allowed the map to be transferred to the digital cockpit from the navigation screen. Referenced here:

Update - our Van arrived in Emden today, after 6 weeks in build. Is yours on a boat yet?
Timmy, as far as I know...NO. Been in contact with dealer on Monday and was told the same as the last 4 weeks, disruption and delays at Emden due to bad weather last month but the bottleneck should be easing this week. Do you know which port your van is heading for because it appears that Grimsby is the issue. Forum members with Sheerness and Tyne deliveries appear OK?!?

Timmy, as far as I know...NO. Been in contact with dealer on Monday and was told the same as the last 4 weeks, disruption and delays at Emden due to bad weather last month but the bottleneck should be easing this week. Do you know which port your van is heading for because it appears that Grimsby is the issue. Forum members with Sheerness and Tyne deliveries appear OK?!?
Dealer is in Crawley, so I would assume Sheerness.

I live near Grimsby with my dealer being in Hull but Cali came into Sheerness as it was a quicker option...collect it Friday !!

I live near Grimsby with my dealer being in Hull but Cali came into Sheerness as it was a quicker option...collect it Friday !!
I remember you saying. My dealer doesn't seem too concerned about the delay!!?!? Neither did VW chat saying I could be waiting another 4 weeks!!!?!?!??! I give up. N thing booked till MY bank holiday at end of May. Might be tent camping again then....

Let me know how you get on. I am going to collect on Wednesday now. Early train down and pick up around lunchtime.

I remember you saying. My dealer doesn't seem too concerned about the delay!!?!? Neither did VW chat saying I could be waiting another 4 weeks!!!?!?!??! I give up. N thing booked till MY bank holiday at end of May. Might be tent camping again then....
If mine isn’t here by the end of July (ordered 8 October!) I was thinking I might hire a camper rather than get the old tent out one last time.

If mine isn’t here by the end of July (ordered 8 October!) I was thinking I might hire a camper rather than get the old tent out one last time.
How has your van not moved to status 20!?!?! When was the order accepted at the factory for gods sake!? It's so frustrating this stuff!

Guys just so you are all aware Volkswagen have actually instructed the chat not to give information out now regarding California orders as they have been giving the wrong information out to customers as the advisors know nothing about the list that each individual dealer has.
I was on the chat last night after having had initial confirmation from the dealer that we would be build week 17 I wanted to check it for myself. We ordered our Beach on 10th feb and the chat advisor confirmed that ours will DEFINITELY be built next week. They elaborated to say its a 10-15 day build and then 2-4 weeks for transport to the UK. this puts us at the beginning of June. if this transpires then it will have been the quickest of our 3 factory orders placed in the last 9 years. Looks like its your Donald Duck.

We have a fair amount of options on there but fortunately none of the ones that seem to be causing delays.

I was on the chat last night after having had initial confirmation from the dealer that we would be build week 17 I wanted to check it for myself. We ordered our Beach on 10th feb and the chat advisor confirmed that ours will DEFINITELY be built next week. They elaborated to say its a 10-15 day build and then 2-4 weeks for transport to the UK. this puts us at the beginning of June. if this transpires then it will have been the quickest of our 3 factory orders placed in the last 9 years. Looks like its your Donald Duck.

We have a fair amount of options on there but fortunately none of the ones that seem to be causing delays.
What engine is that? Seems the beaches are moving through faster.
I thought I'd ordered in February too but checking the paperwork or was mid march.

Back