Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Does anyone actually know what the que number relates to? Is the que number specific for that dealer or is que number where you are currently at factory and is it specific to model like coast, beach or ocean etc?
Dealer has told me we are 61 in the que for our California beach camper which is on order.

also vw chat says we are build week 25 at the moment but not sure if that means anything as we have a Towbar specified and are expecting delays due to that!

Possibly on the Glovis Safety which arrived at Sheerness last night! Good news whatever! Told it's 7-10 days to the dealership.
It’s getting close now, I almost can’t believe it. Just need to get rid of an X5 now!

Try the UK one? I imagine they have access to the same information?
UK chat told me they only have access to UK information. I don't have the 8 digit number they asked for. @bob_summers in Switzerland we are finding that they simply do not have any of the information that seems to be available to dealers in the UK. Might be something to do with Switzerland having a VW distributor instead of a VW subsidiary. Same in Spain?

UK chat told me they only have access to UK information. I don't have the 8 digit number they asked for. @bob_summers in Switzerland we are finding that they simply do not have any of the information that seems to be available to dealers in the UK. Might be something to do with Switzerland having a VW distributor instead of a VW subsidiary. Same in Spain?
Yep UK chat told me the same - no access to the order data here.
Not to worry - given the delays, I think chasing up an order that's only a month and a half old, is only going to be torture! I'm doing my best to put it out of mind until after summer, but keep gravitating back to this thread...!

I have just been onto VW chat, finally made it across the pond and now sitting at Grimsby docks. Was sat at Emden for 28 days.
Exciting times ahead, hopefully collect within the next few weeks.
Chin up folks, they will eventually make it into your care. Communication is shocking to say the least, but hopefully the finished products live up to expectations.
Q? - when did you order yours? Good luck and enjoy...

Webuyanycar? Yeah, total excitement! What are your thoughts on awning...or no awning?
No awning for now, We will be mainly using as a day / weekend camper, so we will see if we will benefit from one once we start to use it.

Once a month I call my VW CV dealer and ask for an update on my order progress. I then email VW CV helpline with my order number and ask them for an update, and they respond within 2 days.
My Cali Ocean (no tow-bar, electric doors, TPMS) was ordered last December. Below is the latest reply from VW CV.

Dear xxxxx xxxx
Thank you for your recent contact to Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK.
Regarding your order number xxxxxxxx, the vehicle is currently at build week 25 (week beginning 21st June) but this is unconfirmed.
Usually we confirm build weeks 4 weeks before the provisional date.
So if you contact us by the end of May we should be able to provide a further update.

Kind regards
Customer Relations Advisor
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles

T 0800 783 4909
E customercare@vwcv.co.uk
Internet: www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk

Hi Dean, ordered mine on the 24th Sept, but not confirmed by VWCV until 8th October.
thanks for that, so about 7-8 months. so maybe end of June for my order? I have been told so many things by so many people. Well, you enjoy your much deserved van and post some pics. Thanks again.

thanks for that, so about 7-8 months. so maybe end of June for my order? I have been told so many things by so many people. Well, you enjoy your much deserved van and post some pics. Thanks again.
When I was speaking to the dealer yesterday they mentioned they thought any new orders would be next year now. Except Beaches which they thought had a chance to come through quicker.

Just had VWCV actually reply. So unconfirmed build week of 35....i take it thats the 35th week in the year? therefore not going to be happening before October?! Am I reading this right?

Just had VWCV actually reply. So unconfirmed build week of 35....i take it thats the 35th week in the year? therefore not going to be happening before October?! Am I reading this right?
Yes week from New year Jan 1st

Probably 4 -6 weeks for delivery from then but bright side is a 2022 Model with whatever is added.

Last edited:
30th Aug ??

The provisional date I was given was mid-May and then the actual build date it changed to was early March so fingers crossed yours comes in too.
now that sounds better already...thanks for that.

Rang our dealer today for the first time inquiring about our late December order (Ocean4M)
Been told it’s a week 46 build, so November sometime, there is a very real chance we will sack it in and cancel, so if anyone’s after a nicely spec’d 4M...

just been advised by VW chat that we have a confirmed build week of 17th May. I’ve asked if that will change and the chat team said no, it’s confirmed and is expected to be built as parts shortages have been allowed for. I’m hoping that with it being a confirmed build date we shouldn’t expect any further delays. We ordered ours is September 2020 so we have been very patient.

Last edited:
Back