Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Feels like your dealer is singing of a slightly different hymn sheet to some of the others! Doubt it will make any difference to when it actually arrives though. Had an interesting chat with some kind of manager at VW UK last week having thrown my toys out of the cot; mainly about inconsistent, inaccurate comms. He said several times that VW chat did not have accurate info (what they have is based on a batch apparently until confirmed) and re-iterated that the dealers have the most up to date, specific to the actual order. Which doesn’t help much if the dealers aren’t communicating it, and raises the question as to why they bother having a ‘chat’ at all - which he really couldn’t answer with any conviction.
assuming you didn’t remove anything, I stuck with the order
I haven’t yet. Promised myself I’d think about it until Friday. Dealer came back with this:

You are correct in that the Factory did have you on the List for April Build. As we understand it some of the Spec Items are Delaying Dates, probably due to a shortage of bit's!

We have just looked into this for you and if you Remove the Styling Pack and Towbar it may come forward a Month into May. This is an Estimated Date though and not 100% Confirmed, so it's whether that is worth the risk to you!

I ordered mine 17 August and pick it up tomorrow...can I suggest you kick up a stink with your dealer .....I got mine to go up the ladder to senior people and things got moving .....best of luck
Well done! Interesting - were the seniors at the dealer or at VW? Which dealer are you with?

Well done! Interesting - were the seniors at the dealer or at VW? Which dealer are you with?
Have to start with the dealer hopefully you have some relationship with them...mine are JCT600 and to be honest....lots of silence till till It got to Emden, then it got stuck for well over 3 weeks and they got things moving so a good job done by them. They seem to care and are a good dealer in my experience.

I ordered mine 17 August and pick it up tomorrow...can I suggest you kick up a stink with your dealer .....I got mine to go up the ladder to senior people and things got moving .....best of luck
Very interesting, thank you, I will get on to dealers again tomorrow. That's amazing news you are collecting your van!! Enjoy!

It’s interesting about the VW chat thing as they have been incredibly Accurate for me and spot on every time but the dealer has given me nothing and not seemed to have barely any visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s interesting about the VW chat thing as they have been incredibly Accurate for me and spot on every time but the dealer has given me nothing and not seemed to have barely any visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think once you're into the build the code system Chat have access to is accurate. Did Chat know about your build month though, and your Queue number in 'the list'?

I think once you're into the build the code system Chat have access to is accurate. Did Chat know about your build month though, and your Queue number in 'the list'?
I think I was just on the shoulder of the build week/month set up via this queue system so they gave me pretty accurate information. They injally said a provisional build week in May but said its provisional and will likely come in. Then they gave me my build week in March quite early on and it stuck to it and they tracked it through to landing in the UK.

Just been on the chat.

My dealer confirmed queue position 408 on a Coast with no contentious options and thought July build 'likely' but stressed that could not be confirmed. Ordered mid February.

Chat says they do not have access to the queue position but provisional build month is November.

Chat is only of use once you have a build week confirmed. When you are unconfirmed and provisionional the dates are meaningless. The chat team typically do not support the sales functions, the same as the customer services team are pretty useless and can only refer you to brand support who in turn refer you to the dealer. The Chat team support generally answer pre-sales general questions, and then refer you to a dealer to purchase. Once you have a confirmed build week ( from what i have seen around 2 months before the build no earlier) then the chat team are good at giving specific answers As at that point the system has accurate dates rather than generic placeholder weeks.

Had some more news from my dealer today. Last weeks new list had me at a June build if I remove the towbar and a month tbc in the second half of the year if I didn't. Kept the tow bar and today received a confirmed build date of May 17th! So in my case the list looks to be out of date within a week.

I have been told that the build could take a long time and we are very unlikely to see it for July so probably doesn't help us for this summer due to fixed holidays. But from what I understand they build the vehicle up to a point and then it will sit waiting on a towbar presumably with a lot of others waiting on the same. Sounds like a strange approach to me when they could presumably move down the list and build ones they can actually complete!

Thanks to all who have been posting their experiences which at the very least have helped us realise we're not in the minority. Happy that its progressing at last though :)

I spoke with my VW CV dealer today regarding our Cali Ocean order from Dec 2020. He said that if we keep Tyre Pressure Monitoring in the spec, it will add 8 weeks to delivery. We removed it, and have a week 25 build. He says 6 weeks from start of build week to arrival at dealer. So an August 'ish delivery for us.
He mentioned Crafter production has stopped awaiting parts deliveries.
He also mentioned lack of tow-bars, electric doors, and DSG gearboxes are other parts that are causing delays. Fortunately no hold up due to microchips.
Says he's spent the whole day giving bad news to customers.

Just did an online chat regarding mine too - now confirmed (status 20) week 20, 17th May. It was unconfirmed yesterday, so things are changing daily
You inspired me to ping them again. We have some progress. Status 20!
Some confusion surrounding the week numbers in they said that week 21 was May 17th. But either way, I am going to take that and run. Status 20 = progress.

Chat just told me confirmed 17 May as well. :thumb.
So that’s 4 given the same week, ranging from #38 to #128 on the ‘new list’. Noting they’ve only built 70 odd since the first list came out in late Jan, if the reductions in queue position is anything to go by, then I wonder what the other 90 odd have got....Progress for sure, but more to come on this me thinks.

Chat just told me confirmed 17 May as well. :thumb.
So that’s 4 given the same week, ranging from #38 to #128 on the ‘new list’. Noting they’ve only built 70 odd since the first list came out in late Jan, if the reductions in queue position is anything to go by, then I wonder what the other 90 odd have got....Progress for sure, but more to come on this me thinks.
I tend to agree. Lets hope week 20 is RHD week..

Our 205 4Motion, ordered late Sept, has been at status 20 since the 22 Feb (8 WEEKS ). l think she must have fallen off the production line. Calling the dealer yesterday, l could not find the extent of any injuries, or when when she was likely to be released from the factory.

For current Cali owners, if you’re trading in, won’t the delivery date affect your trade in value? As in, if your new Cali arrives after September the trade in values are going to drop. Can’t imagine the trade in price is fixed when ordering?

Surely VW should take some responsibility here.

For current Cali owners, if you’re trading in, won’t the delivery date affect your trade in value? As in, if your new Cali arrives after September the trade in values are going to drop. Can’t imagine the trade in price is fixed when ordering?

Surely VW should take some responsibility here.
Market conditions change and are not easy to predict and can sometimes surprise you.
In 2019 we benefitted when we ordered a new Cali in April '19 with a trade in deal. Our new Cali was delivered in July '19 and to our astonishment we ended up getting a new trade in value for our old Cali (2017) which was 4k more than had been previously agreed.

Market conditions change and are not easy to predict and can sometimes surprise you.
In 2019 we benefitted when we ordered a new Cali in April '19 with a trade in deal. Our new Cali was delivered in July '19 and to our astonishment we ended up getting a new trade in value for our old Cali (2017) which was 4k more than had been previously agreed.

Sounds like great timing! Though July is probably around premium time.

I was thinking more about the orders that have been placed expecting to get the new Calis in spring / summer. 1) Perfect time to use new van. 2) Perfect time to trade in old van.

However now, orders placed in good faith in late 2020, expecting delivery in spring 2021 are going to get maybe deliveries in Oct / Nov 2021

Read about the global semi conductor shortage again this morning. Loads of auto manufacturers are drastically cutting vehicle production!! Must be having a major impact of VW? The article I read suggested supply won’t return to normal until well into 2022. Bad news :-(

Our 205 4Motion, ordered late Sept, has been at status 20 since the 22 Feb (8 WEEKS ). l think she must have fallen off the production line. Calling the dealer yesterday, l could not find the extent of any injuries, or when when she was likely to be released from the factory.
I can empathise on some level, same 4motion completed build on 22nd March but has been stuck at Emden for a month. I bet you think your van has just been forgotten in a corner somewhere!!!

I see the words force majeure being used soon?

I can empathise on some level, same 4motion completed build on 22nd March but has been stuck at Emden for a month. I bet you think your van has just been forgotten in a corner somewhere!!!
I am beginning to think it must be laying forgotten somewhere in an odd corner of the factory. If they started the build by Feb 22nd , it also should have been finished by March 22nd. They will probably find it one day laying in a field at Emden.

Back