Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Well my week 43 is still sitting at port released for shipping but has been for last 10days. Hopefully will be on a boat next week, but who knows???

Well my week 43 is still sitting at port released for shipping but has been for last 10days. Hopefully will be on a boat next week, but who knows???
Not just me then. My week 43 has still got to get there so your report has cheered me up no end.....not :) Maybe when mine gets to the docks they can hold hands, mind you I guess yours is going south, mine should be going North. I did notice yesterday the Malacca Highway which normally does the Sheerness run was off to Spain.

Not just me then. My week 43 has still got to get there so your report has cheered me up no end.....not :) Maybe when mine gets to the docks they can hold hands, mind you I guess yours is going south, mine should be going North. I did notice yesterday the Malacca Highway which normally does the Sheerness run was off to Spain.
Maybe its because you are on the wrong side of the Pennines? Just saying

Saw a post where somebody had just ordered a 6.1 199/204 and the dealer told him they would have it in 12 weeks. Didn't have the heart to tell them it will be 13 weeks before they start making the 204s.

13.5 weeks since we ordered ours so mustn't grumble, hopefully only 3 weeks max to go. :eek:

Saw a post where somebody had just ordered a 6.1 199/204 and the dealer told him they would have it in 12 weeks. Didn't have the heart to tell them it will be 13 weeks before they start making the 204s.

13.5 weeks since we ordered ours so mustn't grumble, hopefully only 3 weeks max to go. :eek:
At last my week 43 build has reached the docks after a 2.5 week wait for the train to Emden. Status now 38 released for shipping, which means nothing unless it gets on a tub tomorrow. Assuming it will be put on the City of Rotterdam with a bit of luck it might land in Blighty end of next week.

At last my week 43 build has reached the docks after a 2.5 week wait for the train to Emden. Status now 38 released for shipping, which means nothing unless it gets on a tub tomorrow. Assuming it will be put on the City of Rotterdam with a bit of luck it might land in Blighty end of next week.
Nice one Wogga. Everything crossed.

My week 41, then week 43, Cali is at the dealers (finally ...). Picking it up from Preston sometime next week.

Oh, and in case you haven't clocked it from my avatar, it's name is going to be 'Preston'.
You need a graphic of Preston making for the van, visiting the home town of Nick Park, nice homage. Keep an eye out for an abandoned Blue Cali looking for an owner it may be mine Wilbur.

Ours - or rather my wife’s Ocean - which was ordered on 3 November, has build week 11confirmed. Delivery mid-2021 I guess!

Ours - or rather my wife’s Ocean - which was ordered on 3 November, has build week 11confirmed. Delivery mid-2021 I guess!
Great you have a build week. 150 or 204?

Some weeks ago I was given a build week 6 or 7, then couple of weeks later it went to week 51, its still at week 51 for now - I think with all this uncertainty of both Covid & Brexit there can be no telling at times but it does appear VW have been prioritising the UK but then once theyve done that I guess they will be prioritising Europe so then there will be a longer wait in the UK ! So just be prepared for it to change until its absolutely being built!!

Yeah this is getting pretty tedious now. I don’t mind waiting but this how long is a piece of string routine is becoming ridiculous.

Ordered a 4motion Ocean 30th of sept. Consistently promised that my build week will be confirmed ‘next week’ by VW chat. Did my weekly check in with them and they now said no builds will be allocated until next year. ‍

Further Rob from VWChat said some stuff that I’m confused about.

1) that no one has been allocated build weeks for next year. (Doesn’t seem likely based on this thread)

2) That all build weeks allocated based on first come first served basis. Again even considering the engine issue this seems too run contrary to a lot of what I’m hearing here.

I’m guessing a late March early April delivery is sounding unlikely...Waiting 6/7 months for a VW seems slightly insane! Oh well!

Yeah this is getting pretty tedious now. I don’t mind waiting but this how long is a piece of string routine is becoming ridiculous.

Ordered a 4motion Ocean 30th of sept. Consistently promised that my build week will be confirmed ‘next week’ by VW chat. Did my weekly check in with them and they now said no builds will be allocated until next year. ‍

Further Rob from VWChat said some stuff that I’m confused about.

1) that no one has been allocated build weeks for next year. (Doesn’t seem likely based on this thread)

2) That all build weeks allocated based on first come first served basis. Again even considering the engine issue this seems too run contrary to a lot of what I’m hearing here.

I’m guessing a late March early April delivery is sounding unlikely...Waiting 6/7 months for a VW seems slightly insane! Oh well!
Luke12:53 PM

Your Ocean is still waiting to be assigned a production slot at the Hannover Factory. However, we expect it to be provided with a build week within the next few weeks.

Some more good news its looks like the van was thrown on the first tub out of Emden to Grimsby, I knew stalking the City of Rotterdam would pay dividends. Lets see if the dealer has a plan before I need to contact, a pick up next looks a possibility>

I see Liverpool now have an 8 mile pre-reg 199 for sale. Nothing like the spec I have ordered but might be of use to someone that is waiting.

Reading a few of the previous messages looks like there should be a few of our 'week 49ers' starting to move along the production line! Checked friday on mine and Beth confirmed no hold ups that she could see so fingers crossed!! Ordered on the 19th October so more than pleasantly surprised :thumb

Reading a few of the previous messages looks like there should be a few of our 'week 49ers' starting to move along the production line! Checked friday on mine and Beth confirmed no hold ups that she could see so fingers crossed!! Ordered on the 19th October so more than pleasantly surprised :thumb
Yay! We are Week 49 too - build week this week - I can't stop thinking about it now :)

Do you think that with a bit of luck we can get it in 2020? I keep thinking that it is possible :cool:

I checked in with the chat this morning as I saw some posts about people getting allocated build weeks in 2021 already. This is the response I got;

I can confirm that your California Ocean has not yet been assigned a build week, Russel. Following off the advise from Beth and the Support Team in your last chat, I would advise coming through to us at the end of the month/beginning of January and we'll be happy to take another look.

If some people are already being allocated week 11, I think it's a lottery whether I will ever get my Ocean :-(

I see Liverpool now have an 8 mile pre-reg 199 for sale. Nothing like the spec I have ordered but might be of use to someone that is waiting.
Its new not pre reg. Discounts on stock are considerably less than available from the same dealer on customer orders. To the extent that you could probably hire one whilst waiting for your order to turn up & still be no worse off.
Add in that you are paying for options that you might not want & possibly missing what you do want & its a no from me.

I checked in with the chat this morning as I saw some posts about people getting allocated build weeks in 2021 already. This is the response I got;

I can confirm that your California Ocean has not yet been assigned a build week, Russel. Following off the advise from Beth and the Support Team in your last chat, I would advise coming through to us at the end of the month/beginning of January and we'll be happy to take another look.

If some people are already being allocated week 11, I think it's a lottery whether I will ever get my Ocean :-(
How is it possible that someone can be given a build week 15-16 weeks in advance, then for those of us that think we are going to be given a build week 6 don't have one with 10 weeks to go.

Some are told no allocations have been made for next year, some are told they are only allocated within 4 weeks of the build date and some are told they are allocated within 4 weeks of ordering!

One part of the story cannot be true?

How is it possible that someone can be given a build week 15-16 weeks in advance, then for those of us that think we are going to be given a build week 6 don't have one with 10 weeks to go.

Some are told no allocations have been made for next year, some are told they are only allocated within 4 weeks of the build date and some are told they are allocated within 4 weeks of ordering!

One part of the story cannot be true?
I think its a bit like the Government & most of the businesses in the country atm - the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing!!!

Yay! We are Week 49 too - build week this week - I can't stop thinking about it now :)

Do you think that with a bit of luck we can get it in 2020? I keep thinking that it is possible :cool:

I love your optimism. It seems so arbitrary how build/trains/boats get allocated but I'm inclined toward mid Jan and anything earlier would be a bonus.... still, I was told Feb/March when I ordered so what do I know!!!

Back