Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Just found out that our Ocean (150), ordered at the end of October arrived in the UK at Tyne Docks before Christmas... so no delays for us. I feel everyone's frustration though
That's great news.

Just found out that our Ocean (150), ordered at the end of October arrived in the UK at Tyne Docks before Christmas... so no delays for us. I feel everyone's frustration though
Amazing news, that's super speedy, my Coast ordered in September is still in build !

Our 150 Ocean arrived yesterday - we are super excited! Just checking with those of you with experience of Californias: when it arrives and before you can actually use the habitation area properly, is this an exhaustive list of what I need to do:
fit the gas bottle
fill the water tank
charge the leisure battery (should I do this straight away?)
turn on the fridge (how long before use do you do this?)

We have already tested the heater (works well), found the tow bar (needed this site to find out where it was - how did they manage to hide it so well?!), tested the roof (a bit tricky to get the canvas in above the sliding roof section - any tips on this would be great) and finally driven it (feels like a car). It is an understatement to say we are VERY happy with it!

Thanks in advance

Our 150 Ocean arrived yesterday - we are super excited! Just checking with those of you with experience of Californias: when it arrives and before you can actually use the habitation area properly, is this an exhaustive list of what I need to do:
fit the gas bottle
fill the water tank

We have already tested the heater (works well), found the tow bar (needed this site to find out where it was - how did they manage to hide it so well?!), tested the roof (a bit tricky to get the canvas in above the sliding roof section - any tips on this would be great) and finally driven it (feels like a car). It is an understatement to say we are VERY happy with it!

Thanks in advance
Maybe fill the water tank for testing but I wouldn’t leave water in there in this weather as you risk frozen/burst pipes.
Drain down water AND waste tanks after testing.

fit the gas bottle
fill the water tank

Thanks in advance

Agree the roof is a bit tricky - there's a ridge in the front section that I was shown to pull backwards towards you (hope that makes sense!) as the roof came down that ensures the canvas folds nicely, although it's still pretty tight!
Our leisure battery had about 2 thirds charge and I topped it up the next weekend.

Amazing news, that's super speedy, my Coast ordered in September is still in build !
My 150 Ocean ordered in October doesn’t yet have a confirmed build week!

fit the gas bottle
fill the water tank

Thanks in advance
So good to hear...enjoy!

Having got our heads into the space that our Coast ordered in early November will be with us sometime between April and July, we’ve just heard that it is built and released for shipping to the UK! Might be with us before end of February! Wasn’t expecting that at all.

fit the gas bottle
fill the water tank

Thanks in advance
The fridge takes a minimum 12 hrs to cool down, less if empty. I tend to put it on 24 hrs beforehand while on hookup at home. Fill up with pre-chilled stuff to minimise cooling requirements.

The fridge takes a minimum 12 hrs to cool down, less if empty. I tend to put it on 24 hrs beforehand while on hookup at home. Fill up with pre-chilled stuff to minimise cooling requirements.
Really useful - thanks

Well whadya know...just had a call from Eurovans in Crawley to say my build week 8 is CONFIRMED! Should have BB21LLY Ocean by early April, I'm told.
Fantastic. :bananadance2Remind us what dates you had previously ?

Hi - usually lurking here but I have a confirmed build week 10 for a Ocean 4-Motion 204ps which I ordered in September. Not sure if any other 204's have been confirmed yet...
First I've heard of a 204 confirmed build week, which I understood would be built from week 6. Great news for all the horsepower hunters frustrated by the lack of certainty. Have the details of your engine been released then (mpg, emissions etc)?

Hi - usually lurking here but I have a confirmed build week 10 for a Ocean 4-Motion 204ps which I ordered in September. Not sure if any other 204's have been confirmed yet...
Hi, i think you might be the first Ocean 4-Motion 204ps with a confirmed build week...

Ordered 8 October. Unconfirmed build dates were Week 51, Week 4, Week 7, before being confirmed week 8... An unexpectedly imprecise process for a German manufacturer
That’s not bad compared to some people’s wait.

Hi Swello, can I ask when you actually had your order confirmed at the factory? I ordered an Ocean 4Motion on 17th September, had the ordered confirmed at the factory on 5th October but have no current build date.

That’s not bad compared to some people’s wait.
Yes, looks likely it will be 6 months from order to delivery. I've heard of quicker (Coast order in November being delivered now).
How long was yours GG?
And what's the longest anyone is aware of?

Hi Swello, can I ask when you actually had your order confirmed at the factory? I ordered an Ocean 4Motion on 17th September, had the ordered confirmed at the factory on 5th October but have no current build date.

I'm not sure as to be honest, I haven't been checking that often as I (rightly) assumed it was going to be a long haul. I checked today for the first time in a couple of months. If it helps, I ordered about a week before you...

Yes, looks likely it will be 6 months from order to delivery. I've heard of quicker (Coast order in November being delivered now).
How long was yours GG?
Should have added that our Coast referred to here is a 150. That seems to be the key to a rapid turnaround time?

Oh my goodness I’ve just had the first hint of a build date. Not the best news but at least I have a status of 10 now.

I can see that your order is on status 10. This means Factory has set an unconfirmed build week of week 22 of 2021, which is the week commencing 31 May. This can change at any time whether that means it gets brought forward or pushed back.

Not the best news for a September order date

How long was yours GG?
Mine was ordered in mid-July and collected on 6th November so just under 4 months.
I think some of our forum friends in the EU have waited 12 months or more!!!

Back