Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I'm not sure as to be honest, I haven't been checking that often as I (rightly) assumed it was going to be a long haul. I checked today for the first time in a couple of months. If it helps, I ordered about a week before you...
My goodness, I've just been on VW chat and Mustapha has just said this...I can see that your California has been allocated the provisional build week 10, which commences from the 8th of March. I would recommend checking with us again next week for an update on this.

Just been onto chat again - they state its in build & because factory only opened today after holidays to check back in 2 weeks time.
Since first ordering back in October Ive not received one iota of contact from my dealer!
Hi Jenny H, just wondering if you have any further update? i've just been on vw chat and my Coast is still in build ! She assumed it's a sourcing issue for a part but couldn't check as the relevant department is closed

Hi Jenny H, just wondering if you have any further update? i've just been on vw chat and my Coast is still in build ! She assumed it's a sourcing issue for a part but couldn't check as the relevant department is closed
Hello. Mine is still in build since 30th Nov (Week 49). What options have you included? I am just trying to work out what part is holding it as other Week 49s have already arrived in UK. I know it won’t change anything but just curious.

Hello. Mine is still in build since 30th Nov (Week 49). What options have you included? I am just trying to work out what part is holding it as other Week 49s have already arrived in UK. I know it won’t change anything but just curious.
Yes I'd like to know too.. my specifications were:
Mud flaps
Wood effect floor
Bellows with panoramic view
Tinted windows
Reversing camera
80l tank
17 inch Davenport
Starlight blue ...

Mine was a week 51 build

Mud flaps
Wood effect floor
Tinted windows
Reversing camera
80l tank
17 inch Davenport
Starlight blue ...
Ours is Ocean so most of it was included in the spec...we do not have wood effect floor and mud flaps but we do have 80l tanks and we went for 17inch Woodstock alloys. Colour bay leaf green. I do not think we can work it out based on that.

We also went for the outdoor shower and I was thinking that this may be the shortage item but it is not in yours spec.

Hi, I got this update from VW Chat yesterday -

I'm pleased to let you know that your California Coast is now at the end of production and is waiting to have its final quality checks completed before leaving the Hannover plant.

Luke04:27 PM
It should be in the UK within the next three weeks. :)

Mud flaps
Wood effect floor
Tinted windows
Reversing camera
80l tank
17 inch Davenport
Starlight blue ...
The only difference in my spec is I didnt have the reversing camera & forgot the mud flaps!

Hi, I got this update from VW Chat yesterday -

I'm pleased to let you know that your California Coast is now at the end of production and is waiting to have its final quality checks completed before leaving the Hannover plant.

Luke04:27 PM
It should be in the UK within the next three weeks. :)
Great news ! Won't be long now :bananadance2

The only difference in my spec is I didnt have the reversing camera & forgot the mud flaps!
Oh well who knows? I don't mind a bit a delay as long as it's doesn't turn into months :Nailbiting

Ours is Ocean so most of it was included in the spec...we do not have wood effect floor and mud flaps but we do have 80l tanks and we went for 17inch Woodstock alloys. Colour bay leaf green. I do not think we can work it out based on that.

We also went for the outdoor shower and I was thinking that this may be the shortage item but it is not in yours spec.
Debbie on VW chat did say most likely a sourcing problem but didn't know for sure, I'm going to contact them again next week during office hours so they can contact the relevant department to find out if needed ..

Just been on VW chat. Have an unconfirmed build date of June! Nine months after placing the order. Date will likely come in according to VW, but I have my doubts. Apparently it is the backlog of 204's that is the problem. New 204 engine apparently all good and compliant, details of which were not available, but will be published in the next brochure update.

Just been on VW chat. Have an unconfirmed build date of June! Nine months after placing the order. Date will likely come in according to VW, but I have my doubts. Apparently it is the backlog of 204's that is the problem. New 204 engine apparently all good and compliant, details of which were not available, but will be published in the next brochure update.
if its because of a backlog of orders of the 204 engine, then surely we would see a range of people on this forum having them coming through from week 6 onwards. Appreciate we are just a small subset of the population but VW don't sell that many California's anyway. 1500 a year in the UK of which a smaller subset will be in the 204 variant. Would probability not suggest that we should at least know some new buyers of the 204 with build weeks in 6,7,8,9 or the backlog will never clear if they don't build any?

Just watched the California Chris update for the week regarding build dates, pretty vague but didn't talk about any new delays, just that the factory are now only building to order and not building for stock because the order book is so healthy.

if its because of a backlog of orders of the 204 engine, then surely we would see a range of people on this forum having them coming through from week 6 onwards. Appreciate we are just a small subset of the population but VW don't sell that many California's anyway. 1500 a year in the UK of which a smaller subset will be in the 204 variant. Would probability not suggest that we should at least know some new buyers of the 204 with build weeks in 6,7,8,9 or the backlog will never clear if they don't build any?
I agree, I did quiz them about issues with the new engine or other reasons for the delay but all they offered was the large volume of 204 engined orders. Hopefully others will get updates that will fill in the blanks.

Our Ocean, week 49 started build on 30th November. Just before christmas there was a delay with a component but somehow is at the port at Emden since 31-12-2020 awaiting shipping allocation. Ours is a
150 Ocean. Starlight Blue, towbar, mudflaps and shower connection.

Hi we ordered a Cali Beach, two tone (bay gree-white), aux heater, tinted glass, from a dealer in Ireland after christmas, we were told delivery could be march. I see some of you talking about VW chat, sorry but we new to this, what is VW chat and how do you get onto it. Did you get an order number when you ordered and is that how you track the progress of your Cali?

Hi we ordered a Cali Beach, two tone (bay gree-white), aux heater, tinted glass, from a dealer in Ireland after christmas, we were told delivery could be march. I see some of you talking about VW chat, sorry but we new to this, what is VW chat and how do you get onto it. Did you get an order number when you ordered and is that how you track the progress of your Cali?
Yes just give them your order number (and keep your fingers crossed)

I ordered a Starlight Coast on 2/11. Dealer told me this morning that build week should be 6 (8/2), expected to be here between weeks 10-12. Obviously dependent upon any lockdowns. Just keeping everything crossed that this is correct!

I also used VW chat yesterday as tried to use the order tracker in the owners section of VW's site, was told it was not working so to contact my dealer. My dealer tells me this morning that the tracker is for passenger vehicles only, not commercial. Anyone know any more about this?

I was in chat Friday night and really pushed hard for answers but the guy was struggling and asked if I wanted my complaint pushed up the line, which I did and today a customer services manager called me to let me know they are looking into the issues I raised. Don’t know why he needed to do that as my issues are the same as everyone else’s here, when will my order be built and what is the performance figures for the 204 engine. To his credit he did say he would go off and explore and get back to me in 2 or 3 days so we shall see what outcome I get. My main point was we are all frustrated by a lack of real information, the delivery will be what it is but just give us real updates so we can plan VW. I will let you all know if I get any worthwhile news.

We've seemingly moved back again today to week 16. So in the last few weeks we have been week 6, week 7, week 17, week 11 and now week 16. Getting ridiculous now.

Ordered in October.
Coast 150

I suspect that the real reason for the vagueness and delays is that VW is already planning to close down production of the 6.1 in Hannover and move it temporarily to a Ford plant in Turkey to be produced as a stop gap until the VW rebadged Ford Transit starts production in 2024. This is to make room for the production in Hannover of the smaller car-based T7 and the electric Buzz in comercial and passenger versions.

I was in chat Friday night and really pushed hard for answers but the guy was struggling and asked if I wanted my complaint pushed up the line, which I did and today a customer services manager called me to let me know they are looking into the issues I raised. Don’t know why he needed to do that as my issues are the same as everyone else’s here, when will my order be built and what is the performance figures for the 204 engine. To his credit he did say he would go off and explore and get back to me in 2 or 3 days so we shall see what outcome I get. My main point was we are all frustrated by a lack of real information, the delivery will be what it is but just give us real updates so we can plan VW. I will let you all know if I get any worthwhile news.
Spot on mate. That’s how we all feel I’m sure. Lack of info is inexcusable when we are spending this much cash.

Just been “chatting” to Debbie. She is very sympathetic unlike some of the others. She is forwarding my issues onto the dealer and promising to get them to call me. I’m really disappointed with my dealer to be honest after selecting them after good reviews. Not one phone call with an update since ordering in September. Only replying when I send an email.
We ordered in September thinking it was well early. Our company car goes back at the end of April. We’re now looking at the distinct possibility of being without a car for a few months. We would have bought a used Cali if we’d have known this. Very annoyed right now. I’ve been looking at BMW M340i estates again - that’s what I was going to get before we decided to get a Cali. They have so much going for them in comparison......but they’re not a campervan.....frustrating...

We've seemingly moved back again today to week 16. So in the last few weeks we have been week 6, week 7, week 17, week 11 and now week 16. Getting ridiculous now.

Ordered in October.
Coast 150
That is a real rollercoaster for you as I remember you ordered on the same day as we did...is it at least confirmed week 16?

Back