Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I also just chatted with Debbie - she really is so much better than anyone else Ihave spoken with.
That said, we still don't have a build week. She estimated at Week 24 to give me some idea of where we are. So add up to 8 weeks to deliver then we are looking at 37 weeks from order (22nd September) to delivery.
I asked for an explanation of why - RDE2 compliance was the reason given.

That is a real rollercoaster for you as I remember you ordered on the same day as we did...is it at least confirmed week 16?
Nope. Provisional. So ridiculous.

We've seemingly moved back again today to week 16. So in the last few weeks we have been week 6, week 7, week 17, week 11 and now week 16. Getting ridiculous now.

Ordered in October.
Coast 150
Spoke to Eurovans Crawley and my confirmed build week 8 is now an unconfirmed build week 7 (code 10). The excuse was COVID and supplier disruption.
Was told, basically, to sit tight and they will contact me when its code 20 (confirmed). Seems like good advice - we can ring dealers, and then get a different answer from VW chat, and get frustrated, or just wait, watch the snooker, and recognise that we can't change anything, even when it's 'confirmed'.

Update on our 150 Ocean which is on the production line. Week 50 build. I get different messages depending who I speak to. Last week I was told another 5-7 days. Checked today and the guy just said try again next week. I tried to push him for context. He didn't look into it and just replied straight back with Covid issues hitting the factory. So our 2 week build time will be up to 7 weeks next week. Maybe they are doing a thorough job.
I'm patient as we can't use it until probably Easter, I just don't like BS from companies I deal with, all we need to know is what is going on. Same issue as you guys waiting for build weeks for the 204s.

Just been “chatting” to Debbie. She is very sympathetic unlike some of the others. She is forwarding my issues onto the dealer and promising to get them to call me. I’m really disappointed with my dealer to be honest after selecting them after good reviews. Not one phone call with an update since ordering in September. Only replying when I send an email.
We ordered in September thinking it was well early. Our company car goes back at the end of April. We’re now looking at the distinct possibility of being without a car for a few months. We would have bought a used Cali if we’d have known this. Very annoyed right now. I’ve been looking at BMW M340i estates again - that’s what I was going to get before we decided to get a Cali. They have so much going for them in comparison......but they’re not a campervan.....frustrating...
Feeling your pain Phil! I had a fantastic Audi A4 allroad that i sold to fund the Cali( thinking i would have needed the big lump of cash reasonably quickly). The money has been sitting in the bank since then and i am driving about in a 04 Plate 325ci, with the expectation that it would go when the build week 6 came around. I am now considering maybe leasing something electric to use through this year, a cost i could do without but the real problem would come when the Cali eventually gets delivered i don't have room for another car. The shortest lease term i can get through my company scheme is 24 months. Other option i did consider was going to the bottom end of the market something like a MG 5 EV buying it outright and taking the hit and selling on once my build week comes around.

All of the above would not be anything like as big an issue, if i knew when i was actually going to take delivery. Its the unknown part of it that is so frustrating.

Update on our week 47 order...... finally at Port of Exit and released . Status 38. Getting so close but hoping to stall till March as expected to be another 4 weeks till it reaches van centre !

Update on our 150 Ocean which is on the production line. Week 50 build. I get different messages depending who I speak to. Last week I was told another 5-7 days. Checked today and the guy just said try again next week. I tried to push him for context. He didn't look into it and just replied straight back with Covid issues hitting the factory. So our 2 week build time will be up to 7 weeks next week. Maybe they are doing a thorough job.
I'm patient as we can't use it until probably Easter, I just don't like BS from companies I deal with, all we need to know is what is going on. Same issue as you guys waiting for build weeks for the 204s.
RAMS my Coast is stuck in build since week 51, when I spoke to Debbie she couldn't give a definate reason but suspected supply issue. What's your spec ?

Given recent posts I feel like I might need to whisper this but my vehicle arrived at the dealers today!! Should take delivery middle of next week. Tea and toast on the drive to look forward to now....!!

Given recent posts I feel like I might need to whisper this but my vehicle arrived at the dealers today!! Should take delivery middle of next week. Tea and toast on the drive to look forward to now....!!
Fab news Rik. Can I ask how long from order time?

RAMS my Coast is stuck in build since week 51, when I spoke to Debbie she couldn't give a definate reason but suspected supply issue. What's your spec ?
Ladymuck we ordered an Ocean 150, 2 tone (wish I'd read this forum about wraps first!), with silver awning cover, comfort mattress, Woodstock wheels and 235 tyres. I think that was it. I spoke to a guy (won't name him) who clearly couldn't be bothered. Will try again tomorrow and see if I can get someone else

Ladymuck we ordered an Ocean 150, 2 tone (wish I'd read this forum about wraps first!), with silver awning cover, comfort mattress, Woodstock wheels and 235 tyres. I think that was it. I spoke to a guy (won't name him) who clearly couldn't be bothered. Will try again tomorrow and see if I can get someone else
Thanks, I can't see any themes in the spec which might be the causing the delays, very strange!

Feeling your pain Phil! I had a fantastic Audi A4 allroad that i sold to fund the Cali( thinking i would have needed the big lump of cash reasonably quickly). The money has been sitting in the bank since then and i am driving about in a 04 Plate 325ci, with the expectation that it would go when the build week 6 came around. I am now considering maybe leasing something electric to use through this year, a cost i could do without but the real problem would come when the Cali eventually gets delivered i don't have room for another car. The shortest lease term i can get through my company scheme is 24 months. Other option i did consider was going to the bottom end of the market something like a MG 5 EV buying it outright and taking the hit and selling on once my build week comes around.

All of the above would not be anything like as big an issue, if i knew when i was actually going to take delivery. Its the unknown part of it that is so frustrating.
On the basis that VW have let you down and messed up you plans why don’t you lay the issue at their door and see if they can fix you up and rent you a replacement till your Cali arrive

Just been “chatting” to Debbie. She is very sympathetic unlike some of the others. She is forwarding my issues onto the dealer and promising to get them to call me. I’m really disappointed with my dealer to be honest after selecting them after good reviews. Not one phone call with an update since ordering in September. Only replying when I send an email.
We ordered in September thinking it was well early. Our company car goes back at the end of April. We’re now looking at the distinct possibility of being without a car for a few months. We would have bought a used Cali if we’d have known this. Very annoyed right now. I’ve been looking at BMW M340i estates again - that’s what I was going to get before we decided to get a Cali. They have so much going for them in comparison......but they’re not a campervan.....frustrating...
Hi your not alone on the point of proactive dealers. I'm in the same position in Kent little response i find myself chasing answers to questions i will try the VW chat and see what additional information I can glean working on the premise of low expectations (surprises do happen )

My order went in on the 20th October.... 150 Coast.
Wow that was quick - we ordered 150 Coast 30th September - build week 51 - confirmed as finished awaiting final checks- cant believe yours went from build week 50 to dealer in 4 weeks what with Christmas & Brexit in between too or am I missing something?! I think Ive read it wrong yours wasnt a build week 50 was it OP ?! Sorry just me panicing again about getting my act together for my build week 51 !

Last edited:
I have just been down to Grimsby docks to buy some fish and passed one of the big storage areas for imported cars and I saw lines of VW vans there many of which were California’s so to some of you lucky people your camper is on its way ..... enjoy!!

Yes just give them your order number (and keep your fingers crossed)
Hi we ordered a Cali Beach, two tone (bay gree-white), aux heater, tinted glass, from a dealer in Ireland after christmas, we were told delivery could be march. I see some of you talking about VW chat, sorry but we new to this, what is VW chat and how do you get onto it. Did you get an order number when you ordered and is that how you track the progress of your Cali?
Just got his note from our dealer, "the build code/ tracking is currently showing Wk 22 , but it’s too early to give an exact or more definite date" - Order placed in Ireland 2nd Jan 2021. We have our T25 sold so it looks like back to the tent for camping for a while :)

Club week 51, on VW chat just advised 4 weeks delay. Cali Ocean 150.

Wow that was quick - we ordered 150 Coast 30th September - build week 51 - confirmed as finished awaiting final checks- cant believe yours went from build week 50 to dealer in 4 weeks what with Christmas & Brexit in between too or am I missing something?! I think Ive read it wrong yours wasnt a build week 50 was it OP ?! Sorry just me panicing again about getting my act together for my build week 51 !
My Coast was cw50, is now sitting in Sheerness, since Sunday... with a transport order raised to the dealer (Breeze).
I wont be driving to Poole anytime soon though, but they said delivery on a transporter is a possibility.

My Coast was cw50, is now sitting in Sheerness, since Sunday... with a transport order raised to the dealer (Breeze).
I wont be driving to Poole anytime soon though, but they said delivery on a transporter is a possibility.
Mine sat at Sheerness for over three weeks! If you're still impatient your option now would be to push with the dealer now to expedite delivery... they can influence the priority of transportation but you'll need to ask. Not sure about transporter delivery to home address... most have contracted with local companies to get someone to drive the vehicle to a purchaser's home address. Enjoy!

Our Ocean 150 was a week 50 build. Today the dealer told me it should leave the factory next week so timing isn't too disimilar. In time for a 21 plate, sunny weather and possibly some level of freedom
When did you order Rams66?

On the basis that VW have let you down and messed up you plans why don’t you lay the issue at their door and see if they can fix you up and rent you a replacement till your Cali arrive
I will definitely be making enquiries about that for sure. It is their fault completely that we will be without a car.

Back