Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

...don’t blame them for the Covid delays, just wasn’t informed of another long wait

Wonder what you decided to do, either way I hope you get a lovely California and the process hasn’t tainted what is such a fun thing to have

Same in Belgium, we ordered in June 2020, with delivery date in January, last week it was delayed till September, now till October. Crying:sad:sad:sad
That is terrible. Wonder what’s going on there. I haven’t seen any U.K. buyers waiting that long...

So my 204 Ocean ordered last week of Oct (no tow bar or TPMS) has just been built and is now waiting at Emden for a boat, went into production first week of April so 4 weeks for build, I'm led to believe that there was a 2 week factory shutdown at VW (likely Covid related) so my Cali took an extra 2 weeks in build.

Hope that helps anyone with a similar build date/spec.

So my 204 Ocean ordered last week of Oct (no tow bar or TPMS) has just been built and is now waiting at Emden for a boat, went into production first week of April so 4 weeks for build, I'm led to believe that there was a 2 week factory shutdown at VW (likely Covid related) so my Cali took an extra 2 weeks in build.

Hope that helps anyone with a similar build date/spec.
Great news. I guess it’s my tow bar and sports pack holding it up because I ordered a 150 on 8 October

Just spoken to dealer - he doesn’t know any more than any of the others but confirmed my Ocean 150 order is looking like Feb ‘22 now (ordered mid March, original estimate was October). None of the ‘problem’ options, so it’s just sheer demand and supply chain I guess.
Not *that* bothered. It was never going to be here for summer so really we’re just losing a few long weekends over winter (and still have the current camping setup) - hopefully here in time for Easter 22…

Just spoken to dealer - he doesn’t know any more than any of the others but confirmed my Ocean 150 order is looking like Feb ‘22 now (ordered mid March, original estimate was October). None of the ‘problem’ options, so it’s just sheer demand and supply chain I guess.
Not *that* bothered. It was never going to be here for summer so really we’re just losing a few long weekends over winter (and still have the current camping setup) - hopefully here in time for Easter 22…

Maybe you'll get some 2022 model changes too :)

Have you got a build date yet? Ordered ours 29th March....just been on Vw chat and still no allocated build date.

Have you got a build date yet? Ordered ours 29th March....just been on Vw chat and still no allocated build date.
gonna be a long wait I'm afraid. Mine hasn't shifted and been ordered since end of November 20. VW are in a bit of a mess. Brexit, Covid, semi-conductors, aliens landed and using tow bars for themselves, that boat stuck in the river. You name it, its happened!

gonna be a long wait I'm afraid. Mine hasn't shifted and been ordered since end of November 20. VW are in a bit of a mess. Brexit, Covid, semi-conductors, aliens landed and using tow bars for themselves, that boat stuck in the river. You name it, its happened!
Was told initially 6-8 months wait ....expect it to be more like a year.Just thought after a month I'd have at least a build date allocated.
Have you got a build date?

Was told initially 6-8 months wait ....expect it to be more like a year.Just thought after a month I'd have at least a build date allocated.
I haven't got a build date, and ordered on 8 October! Think there's an issue with my spec, but I've had 8 different build weeks and months since December. Now I'm told...its 3rd on 'the list' and should be built in June...

September, but that too could be wrong. I was told initially it would arrive on or before 4th April. I think you almost have to forget about it and then just wait.

Beach’s appear to be going through a lot quicker, orders my beach camper March 3rd and we have a build date of week 22 which is 31st may, waiting for it to hopefully change from a provisional date to a confirmed date this week

The majority of us who ordered in August, Sept, Oct 20 didn't get a confirmed build week until 3-4 weeks beforehand. My build week (week 10 = March 8th 2021) was only confirmed on February 15th 2021. Over the 2 months prior to that, it had been given several constantly changing provisional dates which drove me crazy!

After many months reading you guys I finally join!

We order a California T6.1 Ocean 150 DSG copper white mid December 2020.
We were told that delays would come because of high demand and covid and that we should expect to have it in June.

We order in Switzerland (as @stim ) and we had to call the dealer several times to get some updates. 2 months ago we were told provisional build date was mid may (according to him it would take 8 weeks as first it is made the car and then the camper part), so we could expect it by June.
We contacted him again today and.. surprised!!! Delayed again, provisional build date week 38, but he told us most likely it would arrive in December.... seriously, 1 year!

I am so sad today I want to cry! We considered 2nd hand but I really want model 6.1 (we saw a second hand T6 and is not as good), and also, being honest prices are crazy for second hand Calis that don't even have what you want (and at least in Switzerland). I am this kind of person that currently owns a New Beetle in yellow, so having the white/copper (or white/green also could make the deal) is mandatory (I even consider buying it white second hand and paint it after, but again, T6.1 no stock!)

I guess we need to wait for it, and hope that they will move the delivery in the coming months...but prfffffffff
I appreciate all the updates as I'm waiting without word from the dealer, so thanks guys.
This is the closest to my situation that I've read so far, mine also an Ocean 150 DSG ordered in mid December and also in Switzerland.
I had been thinking October but was hoping for maybe August. Pffft. I guess I should start shopping for a set of winter tires before we run out of those as well :headbang.

I’m with you Bob, ordered ours 4th March ‘21, if it arrives next Feb/March at least it won’t be sitting on the drive all winter - might even get ‘22 plates. Any idea your queue number? A few weeks back ours was at 526.

Spoke to my dealer yesterday. Ordered a Coast with towbar among other options in 3rd week of February and it now has a provisional build date of week 27. Guessing that could easily move forwards or back, but at least we have a provisional date I guess.

If it does end up being week 27 I assume it means it’ll be a 22 model year build?

Spoke to my dealer yesterday. Ordered a Coast with towbar among other options in 3rd week of February and it now has a provisional build date of week 27. Guessing that could easily move forwards or back, but at least we have a provisional date I guess.

If it does end up being week 27 I assume it means it’ll be a 22 model year build?
Yes I think they change 1 July. Good news electronically as should be able to use the remote functions on the Connect app again...

Strangely, I ordered a Coast at the same time and VW chat have come back with week 38 as provisional build time. Do you have a queue position? Mine was 408.

We ordered a new Ocean 204 in the first week of December 2020 and finally we have been given a 'provisional' build week of 24 (14th June) I am preparing myself for the inevitable but hopefully this date will not slip. Maybe wishful thinking....

We ordered a new Ocean 204 in the first week of December 2020 and finally we have been given a 'provisional' build week of 24 (14th June) I am preparing myself for the inevitable but hopefully this date will not slip. Maybe wishful thinking....
same here, although I did get september some weeks back. Maybe things are starting to move a little. One my knees praying before the summer disappears.

Back