Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi Stu@rt - thanks for that. I learn a little every day. Thank goodness for the forums!!

Hi Stu@rt - thanks for that. I learn a little every day. Thank goodness for the forums!!
The forum is an invaluable source of info and the only Cali related activity that I can indulge in whilst we endure the wait for our van :thumb

Hey @66tim99 i've just had an update on our Ocean 4Mo Ascot Grey that's had parts delays due to Sports Pack and tow bar electric shortages. We now have a status 20 confirmed build week of... Week 23. In to build 7th June (2021). I was No.53 with a factory acceptance 5th October (2020). I know you have similar spec and order time to me...

For the conspiracy theorists, VW Chat said it would be week 24 back in January...
This has annoyed me somewhat! I’m supposed to be No. 14 on the list. Ordered 29th Sept. I’ve towbar and Sports pack issues but just contacted VW Chat who told me i’m still unallocated! I have absolutely no idea what is going on here.

This has annoyed me somewhat! I’m supposed to be No. 14 on the list. Ordered 29th Sept. I’ve towbar and Sports pack issues but just contacted VW Chat who told me i’m still unallocated! I have absolutely no idea what is going on here.
I’m in the same position Kevin, though I ordered 8 October. Was told yesterday I’m still at 00 but still on the June month build list. I will take @Saul B update as a positive, in that Sports Pack and towbars are being built in June. Perhaps next week we’ll find out we’re week 24...
But I do see your frustration, I have been told builds are now progressing (bar parts availability issues) in chronological order. Whereas you ordered just prior to @Saul B.

I’m in the same position Kevin, though I ordered 8 October. Was told yesterday I’m still at 00 but still on the June month build list. I will take @Saul B update as a positive, in that Sports Pack and towbars are being built in June. Perhaps next week we’ll find out we’re week 24...
But I do see your frustration, I have been told builds are now progressing (bar parts availability issues) in chronological order. Whereas you ordered just prior to @Saul B.
Perhaps ours have been built and are on a ship now! Wishful thinking but anything could happen.

We ordered California Beach 1st week in Jan, (Ireland) initially given a build week of 23 then 25 now just told by dealer it will be now be week 36 which is September, very disapointing. told it was due when VW put in time slots to convert factory to build californias. Dealer told to take no more orders for the rest of year.

We ordered California Beach 1st week in Jan, (Ireland) initially given a build week of 23 then 25 now just told by dealer it will be now be week 36 which is September, very disapointing. told it was due when VW put in time slots to convert factory to build californias. Dealer told to take no more orders for the rest of year.
That is disappointing, especially as others have been report Beach models coming through much quicker that Ocean's or Coasts.

My October order should be with me in July, so your date seems to accord - about 9 months

Dealer told to take no more orders for the rest of year.
That's... interesting... did they say why? The T7 Multivan is incoming, I'm wondering if they are retooling to start making a new T7 based California...

My 204 Ocean with towbar was ordered on Sep 16th. Order accepted 5th Oct. 1st Dealer list gave March build and number 9. Finally changed to status 20 with confirmed build date 12th April. It has been status 20 - in build for 4 weeks now. I have been following this thread for 7 months and as the only source of information, it has been invaluable. However I am not convinced that any of it is watertight. Chronological??? Anybody got an Ocean 204 with tower ordered since Mid Sep? High probability that there is some truth in the intention but evidentially little truth in the execution by VW.

Sorry chap, I appreciate it’s annoying and frustrating! But it’s good they have access to the parts we want and at least they can get them built. In theory...

Is it only me that's tempted to buy an older van to tide me over til mine arrives next year!
Ridiculous plan even with the (in)famous Cali residuals - buying now at absolute peak demand then selling in winter would be utter folly. I don't even need it - my Multivan+tent combo has been fine for 10 years and will be for one more summer. Still tempted to phone around and go kick some tyres though!

Is it only me that's tempted to buy an older van to tide me over til mine arrives next year!
Ridiculous plan even with the (in)famous Cali residuals - buying now at absolute peak demand then selling in winter would be utter folly. I don't even need it - my Multivan+tent combo has been fine for 10 years and will be for one more summer. Still tempted to phone around and go kick some tyres though!
We are currently looking around at different options, maybe a small caravan or even a defender with a roof tent, as our week 46 build is so far away, at that rate it will be well over a year since we ordered the van.
My other concern is the bad reputation that camper van owners are starting to get, almost like the dislike for caravans lol, the place is swamped with them in Cumbria, the restrictions seem to be getting much tighter, so we are thinking of waiting a Year or two, till things quieten down and the van prices are more sensible, one day, but probably not this year for us

We are currently looking around at different options, maybe a small caravan or even a defender with a roof tent, as our week 46 build is so far away, at that rate it will be well over a year since we ordered the van.
My other concern is the bad reputation that camper van owners are starting to get, almost like the dislike for caravans lol, the place is swamped with them in Cumbria, the restrictions seem to be getting much tighter, so we are thinking of waiting a Year or two, till things quieten down and the van prices are more sensible, one day, but probably not this year for us
Are you thinking of cancelling?
Not familiar with the situation in the uk, anecdotally there’s much more interest in campers here now. I was idly browsing second hand vans here - predictably there are some outlandish prices but others just seem like the usual Cali prices - no bargains around obviously at this time of year.

That’s silly talk anyway, going banish such thoughts from my mind!

My October order should be with me in July, so your date seems to accord - about 9 months
This is all in line with the 10-12 month delivery for my 204/4motion with tow bar I was told back in mid Nov when my order was placed. Perhaps my dealer has a crystal ball........

Are you thinking of cancelling?
Not familiar with the situation in the uk, anecdotally there’s much more interest in campers here now. I was idly browsing second hand vans here - predictably there are some outlandish prices but others just seem like the usual Cali prices - no bargains around obviously at this time of year.

That’s silly talk anyway, going banish such thoughts from my mind!
Yes, had a chat with the dealer, not a problem to cancel, we are just working out what we want, we don’t need finance so we have lots of options, we will definitely get a Cali once we all have the freedom to travel in Europe, without jumping though all those hoops.
Iv got an uneasy feeling, we haven’t seen the last of Lockdowns and tier travel restrictions, hope I’m wrong though

Almost there! I promised to update this thread back in March. Advised by dealer yesterday our ocean (204) is in the country and have just got the Reg #. can’t wait. We are leaping from 10 years of holidays and travelling in our beloved 1978 bay to this! Do you think we’ll notice the difference? ;-)
Hopefully in her in about 2 weeks’ time, just in time for the first road trip of the year. Ordered in early October, painfully slow process with zero customer service considering the investment (come on VW) but am confident it will be worth it.

Btw, I have a 907 cylinder but not the fitting, does anyone know if that comes with the Cali, or do I need to get that myself? Thanks!

I have a 907 cylinder but not the fitting, does anyone know if that comes with the Cali, or do I need to get that myself?
Fittings come with the Cali.
Good to hear you’re getting it in time for the summer, enjoy.

Random question folks...how long does it take from placing an order with the dealer until it appears on VW UK’s system?

Random question folks...how long does it take from placing an order with the dealer until it appears on VW UK’s system?
Depends which system you mean. If you are putting your order number in here:

Then never, because apparently this only tracks consumer orders, and a cali is commercial. Otherwise I'd expect it to be a day or two from when the order is placed. Did you get an order confirmation slip from the dealer?

(Also Hi - from another Glasgow based California waiting list member)

Depends which system you mean. If you are putting your order number in here:

Then never, because apparently this only tracks consumer orders, and a cali is commercial. Otherwise I'd expect it to be a day or two from when the order is placed. Did you get an order confirmation slip from the dealer?

(Also Hi - from another Glasgow based California waiting list member)
Hi! Good to hear of someone local also waiting on their Cali!

I mean the system that allows VW UK to track my order. I was on Live Chat there and was advised nothing was showing against my name (I ordered less than 2 weeks ago) and was asked for my 8 digit order number which I don’t have. I know it’ll be a very long wait for delivery but just wanted confirmation they have my order on their system.

Hi! Good to hear of someone local also waiting on their Cali!

I mean the system that allows VW UK to track my order. I was on Live Chat there and was advised nothing was showing against my name (I ordered less than 2 weeks ago) and was asked for my 8 digit order number which I don’t have. I know it’ll be a very long wait for delivery but just wanted confirmation they have my order on their system.
I was given my order number as soon as the order was taken by the dealer (I went via a broker so that took two days). I'd contact the dealer and get them to confirm.

Back