Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

It really feels like things are moving for so many people right now. We’re still waiting to hear back from our dealer, hopefully this means we’re a week closer to build date.

Quick question for those of you waiting… have you been buying stuff for your van, or are you resisting until your van is built / delivered?
I planned to start buying bits and pieces about 4-6 weeks ago to spread the cost. I then thought “what if we end up with loads of shortages again as the weather improves”. So I’ve now got a garage full of stuff!! :oops: :bananadance2

You can still track ships using a variety of websites. Add ‘Emden’ under port and the departures appear. Some are classed as ‘vehicle carriers’ but I’ve no idea what ship will be full of Cali’s today

Thank you so much for this!!! Let’s hope our vans are well on their way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really feels like things are moving for so many people right now. We’re still waiting to hear back from our dealer, hopefully this means we’re a week closer to build date.

Quick question for those of you waiting… have you been buying stuff for your van, or are you resisting until your van is built / delivered?
I've been buying bits and pieces as they become available or are on sale (eg my Ecoflow River Power Station). Many items are seasonal and sell out eg the S2S comfort mattress, Outwell tarps etc. Now its conformed I'm collecting my Coast on the 28th I've recently been adding more mundane items I need for a 1 week trip from Amsterdam to Hannover Iike plates, folding chopping board, cutlery.

Only started in the last couple of weeks, since we knew it was built. Didn’t want to tempt fate. Hoping it’s on the ship tonight

What will you use that for?
Charging ebike battery, powering delicate electronics eg projector, that are best run with a pure sine wave generator. In also have an xstar solar panel when off grid to keep the leisure batteries topped up. I can also consider higher voltage appliances like kettles, hotplates, espresso maker that the 240 system can't handle. Ultimately it will avoid me having to pay additional fees for hookups when on campsites and makes things a lot easier when off grid.

Ordered van June 2021. Made a list of things I might want and did some research into prices and stock, bearing in mind last year a lot of stuff was in limited supply.

Pretty soon after ordering started making a few small purchases (Ridge Monkey for example) to take advantage of sites like eBay and Amazon when they ran promotions. Made some bigger purchases around Black Friday (bike rack, awning), again making use of the deals around at the time and getting some very very good savings. Ordered a solar panel (from Roger) last month just in case things started to get worse with regard to electrical components shortages.

Few more bits to get, mainly a trip to Ikea for storage boxes and some cooking stuff.

Fingers crossed might have a van to put it all in sometime next month as running out of space to store things......

@Begize Fair play, you’ve been very organised. Fingers crossed your van arrives soon. Pretty sure a ridge monkey was also our first purchase!

Bought our Ridge Monkey for the 'Try before we buy' hire week ... CaliStash has been growing ever since ... still no build week as yet, but been practising with the awning anyway...
Must be the ultimate definition of heart over head ...

Bought our Ridge Monkey for the 'Try before we buy' hire week ... CaliStash has been growing ever since ... still no build week as yet, but been practising with the awning anyway...
Must be the ultimate definition of heart over head ...
"CaliStash" :D

Yeah I put my awning up in the garden last month when we had "summer".

I got a Colapz USB shower and tent last year and had that up for a week in the garden and used it most days, quite refreshing after a bike ride.

"CaliStash" :D

Yeah I put my awning up in the garden last month when we had "summer".

I got a Colapz USB shower and tent last year and had that up for a week in the garden and used it most days, quite refreshing after a bike ride.
Ah yes, the 'showergate' discussion - I'm for one, missus firmly against, only sites with shower blocks ... might have to use your suggestion there - "great way for me to shower outside after a muddy mountain bike ride.." Thanks for the 'tip'.. :)

We were going to buy a plate for ours.. I will wait as I can't see it arriving before the end of August to early September

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Whoop whoop. I'll mention that to my dealer - let's make it a party.
Sadly my van didn't make it on the boat that left yesterday. No words on when the next one leaves.

But I asked how long things take once the van is on a boat. In Ireland: 7 to 10 days for the van to get to the dealership depending on how long it takes to clear customs. Then one day to prep the van. And 30 minutes to register it.

Just purchased a Ridgemonkey XL and Camping Gaz 400 SG - so the accessory buying begins!! We’ve purposely avoided anything until the Coast feels a bit closer to hand..
I’ve not bought anything for fear of jinxing the delivery but tbh we’ve got most of what we’ll need except a bike rack and possibly solar.

Actually that’s not quite true, I did order a couple of throws to use as seat covers and a shiny new s**t shovel for emergencies!

Charging ebike battery, powering delicate electronics eg projector, that are best run with a pure sine wave generator. In also have an xstar solar panel when off grid to keep the leisure batteries topped up. I can also consider higher voltage appliances like kettles, hotplates, espresso maker that the 240 system can't handle. Ultimately it will avoid me having to pay additional fees for hookups when on campsites and makes things a lot easier when off grid.
I have the River Max for all these reasons. It's a seriously impressive bit of kit.

Sadly my van didn't make it on the boat that left yesterday. No words on when the next one leaves.

But I asked how long things take once the van is on a boat. In Ireland: 7 to 10 days for the van to get to the dealership depending on how long it takes to clear customs. Then one day to prep the van. And 30 minutes to register it.
I received the following email form our sales rep a this morning.

"Good Morning Stephen,
We received the boat list this morning, and we are only getting 3 vehicles which is a disaster!! However I’m delighted to say your California is one of them!! thought I’d build up the suspense a bit. The boat lands in Ireland on the 14th(pending shipping) when the boat lands in either Dublin or Cork, I will provide you with an update and a delivery timeline"

I am hoping to be able to collect it by End of Next Week. I will keep you updated.
I hope you get some positive news soon.

We were going to buy a plate for ours.. I will wait as I can't see it arriving before the end of August to early September

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
Go on...what's the reg?
(I did the same and the BB21LLY retention certificate sat in my bedroom drawer for 6 months...and made me smile when I picked Billy up from Eurovans)View attachment 92949
That’s makes me feel better I don’t have a Billy
Go on...what's the reg?
(I did the same and the BB21LLY retention certificate sat in my bedroom drawer for 6 months...and made me smile when I picked Billy up from Eurovans)View attachment 92949
that makes me feel a little better, I don’t have a Billy but I have this…..765DFB35-F697-4495-9113-8E3E311AC90B.jpeg

Nice - 6.1 California
What’s the VT?

Ah yes, the 'showergate' discussion - I'm for one, missus firmly against, only sites with shower blocks ... might have to use your suggestion there - "great way for me to shower outside after a muddy mountain bike ride.." Thanks for the 'tip'.. :)
TBH you don't need to go full on shower. I took just the shower bit and a folding bucket to a few festivals where I camped last year and it's a great way to have a quick freshen up / hair wash without having to brave the "facilities".

Can also use it for cleaning bikes - the Colapz one comes with a jet type nozzle as well.

That is awful, feel for you. I think if mine turned up next week damaged after 13 months I'd give up and get shafted in the 2nd hand market instead.
Ended up buying a used t5.1 last month to tie us over, given up caring about the new one, will sell it when it eventually arrives

Back