Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hot Off the Press... Related to my Ocean order at least... You will be contacted by your dealer about this if it applies. I for one will be retaining it. Subscribe to our channel to get news as we get it... I'll do a video on this tomorrow but it will only say what it says below...

Re T6.1 California production delays

(We have overcome the majority of longer-term component restrictions, although side assist is particularly challenging, and restrictions will continue into Q3. We have created an option to delete side assist to help improve the lead-time for customers who favour earlier delivery over the presence of this feature (which is usually standard on the Ocean model).

The delete option is priced at -£250 and is available for unscheduled (SLI status codes 00/10) orders that were previously advised as being planned for June or earlier and which remain unscheduled, and which do not contain option packs that mandate this feature.

Please speak to your respective customers to establish if they would like to delete this option in favour of an improved lead-time or whether they prefer to wait for their order to be delivered in late Q3/Q4 instead.

To help aid the decision-making process, we can advise that vehicles with side assist are likely to be delayed by approximately 3 months versus a vehicle without side as

Hot Off the Press... Related to my Ocean order at least... You will be contacted by your dealer about this if it applies. I for one will be retaining it. Subscribe to our channel to get news as we get it... I'll do a video on this tomorrow but it will only say what it says below...

(We have overcome the majority of longer-term component restrictions, although side assist is particularly challenging, and restrictions will continue into Q3. We have created an option to delete side assist to help improve the lead-time for customers who favour earlier delivery over the presence of this feature (which is usually standard on the Ocean model).

The delete option is priced at -£250 and is available for unscheduled (SLI status codes 00/10) orders that were previously advised as being planned for June or earlier and which remain unscheduled, and which do not contain option packs that mandate this feature.

Please speak to your respective customers to establish if they would like to delete this option in favour of an improved lead-time or whether they prefer to wait for their order to be delivered in late Q3/Q4 instead.

To help aid the decision-making process, we can advise that vehicles with side assist are likely to be delayed by approximately 3 months versus a vehicle without side as
I believe this is the issue with my replacement beach that I have the driver assistance pack which contains side assist, looks like I’ll be probably the longest person in history to wait for a California

I had side-assist (if it’s the option that tells you how close you are to side objects) on my previous Merc GLC and my current Tesla, and in both cases it’s fairly useless. It’s very sensitive and flashes warnings when there is still a good few feet of space between car and object.

I’d not be too worried about deleting the option as it provides little real value.

Caveat: if side-assist means something else in VW speak I’ll need to consider further what to do.

I had side-assist (if it’s the option that tells you how close you are to side objects) on my previous Merc GLC and my current Tesla, and in both cases it’s fairly useless. It’s very sensitive and flashes warnings when there is still a good few feet of space between car and object.

I’d not be too worried about deleting the option as it provides little real value.

Caveat: if side-assist means something else in VW speak I’ll need to consider further what to do.
It's the warning light in the wing mirror that tells you something is in your blind spot... Personally I think it is essential.

It's the warning light in the wing mirror that tells you something is in your blind spot... Personally I think it is essential.
Ah, ok. Again both our cars have that blind spot monitoring but it doesn’t show anything you wouldn’t see anyway. After 7 years of having it on the wife’s Range Rover Evoque it’s not been something I’d miss or rely on.

Ah, ok. Again both our cars have that blind spot monitoring but it doesn’t show anything you wouldn’t see anyway. After 7 years of having it on the wife’s Range Rover Evoque it’s not been something I’d miss or rely on.
interesting, in my previous landrover, it flagged motorbikes zooming up inside and outside me quite a few times at high speed, I found I relied on it quite a lot, but everyone is different. I guess I'll have to take the hit on the 3 months, which is easy for me to say as I do have one currently. That said, I am concerned about the price protection impact - VW had better honour it or they will have a massive row on their hands (and a ranting youtube video haha). Good luck with yours.

interesting, in my previous landrover, it flagged motorbikes zooming up inside and outside me quite a few times at high speed, I found I relied on it quite a lot, but everyone is different. I guess I'll have to take the hit on the 3 months, which is easy for me to say as I do have one currently. That said, I am concerned about the price protection impact - VW had better honour it or they will have a massive row on their hands (and a ranting youtube video haha). Good luck with yours.
Good points, I’ll re-evaluate my thoughts on its use….I haven’t had any communication from the dealer on the issue yet, so we’ll see.

I think my Cali is one of the other ones-just got email from dealer today saying boat due on the 14th. Ascot grey beach
I received the following email form our sales rep a this morning.

"Good Morning Stephen,
We received the boat list this morning, and we are only getting 3 vehicles which is a disaster!! However I’m delighted to say your California is one of them!! thought I’d build up the suspense a bit. The boat lands in Ireland on the 14th(pending shipping) when the boat lands in either Dublin or Cork, I will provide you with an update and a delivery timeline"

I am hoping to be able to collect it by End of Next Week. I will keep you updated.
I hope you get some positive news soon

Update from our dealer (Ian at Liverpool) says we MIGHT get our Coast (ordered on the last day Coasts were available Nov ‘21) in time for the Jubilee weekend!

Could ours be on a boat today?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Ordered end of Oct 21. Have been told nothing at all, told two weeks ago there was still no news then out the blue today, it was built and on it’s way. Should be ready to collect end of the month or beginning of next. Believe it when it is actually here to collect!

Hi Mark, we too had the email from Matt today, and a subsequent conversation re the price increase impact, we will keep the side assist as I believe it may impact the value down the line ( a little‍) am awaiting an answer, though reading the email I’m not entirely convinced it will impact the time frame so much, surely they have at least some of the parts… so if enough people delete it then the production carries on as is , who knows…

Just had a call from my dealer to say my Ocean 150 (ordered June 2021) is now showing status 20 for week 20 (having been previously been showing status 20 for March last month). He said the status was updated 9 hours ago so hopefully accurate. He seemed to think week 20 is this week, but according to Google is starts 16th May so fingers crossed one way or another, build is imminent or possibly even started.

He said vans were coming through fairly steadily now and that they were getting many arrive where the statuses hadn't been updated to show progress through the system so I might get a surprise phone call any time.

He said they were aware of the issue with side assist but fortunately for me, I was unaffected.

I’m in the same position. Ordered an Ocean 150 on the 21st June last year. It’s now in build and been told to expect it sometime in mid June.

Regarding side assist, the quality of how it works seems to vary from brand to brand. On a Ford and Honda we’ve owned, I haven’t found it useful. The alerts are either too late or don’t alert you sufficiently well enough. However I have an 2011 VW Touareg and found it brilliant. It’s helped me out several times on long drives.

From another perspective, I'm a biker so I see them flash up on wingmirrors as I filter. Don't have a lot of faith in them preventing a distracted driver from doing something unexpected but I'd rather have them than not!

Haha, that's what I'm hoping... Unsure whether to encourage people on deletion or not

Spoke to Amy at Liverpool and it appears that not all Oceans are on the list with regard to the potential to delete the driver assist.Ours isn't so I would suggest that they have the parts just awaiting the slot

*Finally* some good news. Just spoke to Matt at SMG and my June ‘21 Ocean order is now confirmed for build week 23 so hopefully with me by the end of July.

Main options are wood effect floor, Art Velour, Active Lane Assist with Side Assist, Diff Lock and towbar preparation. I was contemplating deleting the side assist but my vehicle wasn’t one of the ones affected. My sympathies are with those who are affected and have the difficult choice of deleting a popular feature or waiting another few months for delivery.

Spoke to Amy at Liverpool and it appears that not all Oceans are on the list with regard to the potential to delete the driver assist.Ours isn't so I would suggest that they have the parts just awaiting the slot
To save me scrolling, can I ask when you ordered yours?

Haha, that's what I'm hoping... Unsure whether to encourage people on deletion or not
I've also had the same email. I will be keeping the side assist but won't be happy if they try charge me extra with their price increases

Pretty sure side assist is more than just the “lights on the wing mirror”. I have it on my Tiguan and seems to control a number of things, from ensuring you don't change lanes with something in the outside or inside lane to making sure you dont undertake on cruise control. Personally I would not be without it as a safety feature. Here is the VW description:

What does Side Assist mean?
Side Assist provides the driver with support for lane changing. Two radar systems at the rear monitor the areas behind the car and in the blind spots at the sides. Irrespective of whether a lane change is intended, Side Assist indicates all the vehicles in the area which is critical for lane changing.

Luckily our Ocean is status 20 for next week so not been hit by this. If I had though I’d wait for the times it’s made driving safer in the Tiggy.

Back