Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

When I spoke to my dealer a couple of weeks ago he said they were seeing a lot of vehicles arriving when the system hadn't been updated so fingers crossed yours is one.
Yeah I am not so sure that isn’t a folk tale, if the Van arrives at the dealer with no VIN registered in the system then there is no way of them knowing who it is for. I could be wrong but I would be surprised if that was the case.

Hi, what’s the name of YouTube channel?
ah, it was in my signature, but you can find it at thehuntercrew.tv - it will take you straight there. Hope you enjoy it, relishing getting Matt in front of the camera. :)

After a long wait ordered Mid June 2021 we finally picked up Grey Jay from Frank Keane Liffey valley Dublin. Have to say we where totally looked after by Darryl from start to finish. We went to glendalough for a quick stop off on the way home to Wexford, the freedom is amazing. Let the journeys begin.
For all you guys waiting keep in there it's well worth the wait.View attachment 93580View attachment 93581View attachment 93582
Lovely van - those Teresina wheels look class, glad I ordered them! Enjoy your new van!

After a long wait ordered Mid June 2021 we finally picked up Grey Jay from Frank Keane Liffey valley Dublin. Have to say we where totally looked after by Darryl from start to finish. We went to glendalough for a quick stop off on the way home to Wexford, the freedom is amazing. Let the journeys begin.
For all you guys waiting keep in there it's well worth the wait.View attachment 93580View attachment 93581View attachment 93582
Looks great! You should update your avatar now you're not 'looking to buy'!

Congrats it looks great. Spotted it in the valet queue on a video of my own van which I am collecting tomorrow morning!
One more sleep for you. We are sleeping in the driveway tonight and off to kilmore Quay campsite tomorrow. West cork and kerry for the long weekend.
I'll keep an eye on the roads for you.

One more sleep for you. We are sleeping in the driveway tonight and off to kilmore Quay campsite tomorrow. West cork and kerry for the long weekend.
Both eyes on the road!:oops:

I hope yours will arrive soon as a big surprise like some other Calis. Like was mentioned many times in this thread could by possible not updated in VW system.
:agreed The only status the VW system seems to get right is when the van arrives at the port of entry.

thanks! well i’ll definitely hang around to watch some of my fellow long timers eg @Corradobrit get their new vans!
Congratulations! I like the colour. We’ve got ours from the dealer 30th April after a waiting period of 20 months so you could count me in as an ex-long time waiter. Just got back from our maiden trip -a test trip- and I can say with certainty that our coast has been successful: what an ease to travel with. Also the manual roof: easy peasy.
Fridge: check; heating: works perfect (We all know that the control panel is overly complicated and you have to press twice as many buttons to put on or off something, but it looks slick and works). Air con: very good. Built-in satnav does exactly what I expect it to do. Connection with a smartphone: flawlessly.
The dashboard of the t6.1 is very practical when traveling; I know there are plenty who don't think it's an improvement over the previous one, but open compartments are easier for us than all closed ones, everyone has their own idea about this. With us it actually counts practical and a box of tissues must be easily accessible, as well as a pen, sunglasses or my cap.
Do I have nothing minor to report after this first short test? Yes: the driver's seat squeaks and creaks almost constantly, but he will go to the dealer tomorrow for that. Also: if you close the cali with the central locking button inside on the driver's side and you open, for example, the sliding door to go outside to get something from the boot or want to open a front door, this will not work. You have to unlock them all again from the inside with that button or with the key (which you have to have in your pocket and of course I never did).
Oh, and the bench does not indicate very well where to stop when sliding if you want to fold the backrest to make the downstairs bed. I had to go a little further or a little backwards. Not a big deal, because now I know where to slide (just almost against the porta potti for the nightly pees).
So nothing really special negative to report :thumb
One thing: our cali will never be like those first weeks: we and our two children will take care of that but the plastic is fortunately not too scratchy ;)

Coast; 150 hp DSG: a pleasure to have and to drive.
82005EF9-EBE7-4572-B511-02C6B969ECF0.jpeg

Last edited:
So just got a call from Matt at SMG that our ascot grey ocean 150 with towbar has been built and sent to a german port. We ordered mid July 2021 so after all the chaos of the last year - under a year feels like a bit of a result. Could have it on the drive in 2- 3 weeks !

Finally the build date for my July 30 2021 order has dropped in the system: 49 !!
Still a long wait!
Breeze is saying that these might change and will probably come forward, but I'm not confident we'll have the van for the summer.
On order: Ocean 150 with sports pack
New confirmed build week: 25!
Soo much excitement, even if I don't think it will be here for our summer holidays.
What is the normal length between build and delivery in the UK?

New confirmed build week: 25!
Soo much excitement, even if I don't think it will be here for our summer holidays.
What is the normal length between build and delivery in the UK?
Normally 6 weeks but I just got mine in 3/4 weeks from Build Week.

You could get yours around mid/late July.

Normally 6 weeks but I just got mine in 3/4 weeks from Build Week.

You could get yours around mid/late July.
Thanks 2haw!
This could just work out, but I don't really dare to believe in it yet. Might go for the flexible ticket on the crossing, just in case!

So just got a call from Matt at SMG that our ascot grey ocean 150 with towbar has been built and sent to a german port. We ordered mid July 2021 so after all the chaos of the last year - under a year feels like a bit of a result. Could have it on the drive in 2- 3 weeks !
Did you get the side assist deleted?

Did you get the side assist deleted

We picked our California Coast up today from Liverpool Van Centre ( Amy was great right from ordering to collection).

A short and pain free wait compared to some of you guys.

We’ve used the forum to influence pretty much every decision we’ve made around specification so it feels like a team effort. Thank you for the virtual ‘hand holding’, advice, wisdom and good humour. Phil

0ACEE2CF-088A-4D7A-931B-13A6C33BA8F6.jpeg

We picked our California Coast up today from Liverpool Van Centre ( Amy was great right from ordering to collection).

We’ve used the forum to influence pretty much every decision we’ve made around specification so it feels like a team effort. Thank you for the virtual ‘hand holding’, advice, wisdom and good humour. Phil
I love, love, love the colours :thumb

View attachment 93754

Eeeeek! That looks AMAZING!!!!

We pick ours up in the same colour combo from Ian at Liverpool TOMORROW

(Can you tell I’m excited?! )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 93754
I guess this is the least common of the 2-tone colour choices, but I really like it in the flesh. Subtle but stands out. Looks great.

Great to see all these Californias being delivered, they all look different too, awesome.

I guess this is the least common of the 2-tone colour choices, but I really like it in the flesh. Subtle but stands out. Looks great.
The two tone colour choice was the one thing I worried about. I’d only seen photos/videos and matched the colour cards in the local dealer. It’s expensive anyway so would have been a massive mistake if we weren’t pleased with it. We’re made up. The VW configurator doesn’t do it justice and we’re very happy. We’re sleeping in it tonight with grand kids aged 7 and 3. I cant imagine there’ll much sleeping going on

Back