Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I’d go with the dealer estimate. We had the same thing when we ordered and the paperwork showed a much earlier date than we were being verbally told.

As things stand I think there’s a good chance it’ll be exactly one year from order to delivery of our van.
Thanks, I think you will be correct. Unless a cancelled order that’s on production gets snapped up by EV

Hi - just thought I'd share progress on my Ocean 204 4motion order. Heard today that it's completed build and is at the port in Germany. Ordered September 2021 wiith many options including tow bar. Was given a build week of week 27 (wc 4th July). Starlight blue.

Appreciate some people are still waiting and would have ordered before me - just sharing in case it helps people gauge their order. Hoping others get good news before long too.

Hi - just thought I'd share progress on my Ocean 204 4motion order. Heard today that it's completed build and is at the port in Germany. Ordered September 2021 wiith many options including tow bar. Was given a build week of week 27 (wc 4th July). Starlight blue.

Appreciate some people are still waiting and would have ordered before me - just sharing in case it helps people gauge their order. Hoping others get good news before long too.
Excellent news. Can I ask what dealer?

That ties in with the timings we have been given. Ordered Nov 21 and told it will be build week 36 - 5th September.

Sounds great progress.

What wheels have you chosen..?

Our waiting time had finished on Wednesday when we collected our California Beach in copper bronze colour from Listers Droitwich. Just a few facts. We ordered Cali at end of Septemer 2021 through AutoeBid. Estimated delivery time was 10 months which was bang on. Whole proces was straightforward without any troubles. Great service from AutoeBid and from Listers as well. When we collected Cali on Wednesday we had good 1 hour handover which I didn’t expect. I was nearly late to work. :D We couldn’t be happier that we made the order back in September. And now new young family adventures can start. Didn’t have a time to take proper photo but at least this one.

9FEB3092-8BE3-4083-B012-817FB8BCB620.jpeg

Congratulations @Richi and you’re not too far from me either. Hope to see you around sometime.
Happy travels!

Our waiting time had finished on Wednesday when we collected our California Beach in copper bronze colour from Listers Droitwich. Just a few facts. We ordered Cali at end of Septemer 2021 through AutoeBid. Estimated delivery time was 10 months which was bang on. Whole proces was straightforward without any troubles. Great service from AutoeBid and from Listers as well. When we collected Cali on Wednesday we had good 1 hour handover which I didn’t expect. I was nearly late to work. :D We couldn’t be happier that we made the order back in September. And now new young family adventures can start. Didn’t have a time to take proper photo but at least this one.

View attachment 97718
Great to see

Hi all. So we took the plunge earlier in the year, threw caution to the wind, ignored the eye-watering price tag and ordered a T6.1 California a couple of weeks before lock-down from VW vans (Liverpool). Since then there have been a number of delays and further delays in the delivery date. Apparently VW (Germany) cannot give any firm build and delivery dates. It appears that when it is built it receives a chassis number and then its progress to the dealer can be tracked. We were originally given mid-May for delivery to the dealer which included 4 weeks from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer. Since then we have had several revisions to the predicted delivery date, the latest being end of July / beginning of August which is perilously close to the issue of new registrations on 1st September. Apparently the time from issue of chassis number to delivery to the dealer, 8 weeks is now being quoted not the previous 4 weeks. According to the dealer VW are not giving even any rough indications of build completions or delivery to dealer. Come on VW (Germany), where is the communication with the dealer and customer service here. It can't be that difficult to work out and convey this information. You are leaving customers in limbo and causing worry. The news may not be good but at least communicate it so people can plan / cancel camp sites or even cancel the order. After all by September 1st the season is nearly over. I wondered if anyone else is having similar experiences? Kind regards, David and Helen.
Same story for us. We ordered a new Cali Ocean mid October 2021 and still have no delivery date. Have tried local and National enquiries to no avail. Funniest response to my question ‘it’s not unreasonable to ask for a delivery date after waiting 9 months is it ?” VW ‘ no not unreasonable at all but we can’t give you a date yet ‘ am now not worrying and planing some adventures in spring 2023

Same story for us. We ordered a new Cali Ocean mid October 2021 and still have no delivery date. Have tried local and National enquiries to no avail. Funniest response to my question ‘it’s not unreasonable to ask for a delivery date after waiting 9 months is it ?” VW ‘ no not unreasonable at all but we can’t give you a date yet ‘ am now not worrying and planing some adventures in spring 2023
Same here, given up asking for updates as the answer is always the same….”we know nothing” in the voice of Manuel…;-)

Some vans are arriving very quickly and others ( ours) not…even with the same spec.

We ordered June 21, it could be June 23 at this rate before we get it…

Some vans are arriving very quickly and others ( ours) not…even with the same spec.
This is the frustrating part. We are all aware of the global difficulties that are impacting builds / deliveries, but how some similar spec vans can leap frog others by months, just makes no sense. Is the factory shut now? If so, fingers crossed yours is first out the door when they reopen.

@MikeShorenye1 :welcome I hope your wait goes quickly. And no, it’s not unreasonable at all to enquire about delivery dates after 9 months.

This is where the magic happens. The final stop where the Cali interiors are installed and about 5 km from the main factory in Hannover. Next stop..... your dealer......California 2.jpg

California factory1.jpg

With apologies to all those still waiting - esp. @couplands @Begize and @Corradobrit - just had 'the email'. Our van is in the UK and due to be delivered to our dealer end of next week.

For those still waiting and wanting info:
Ordered Mid Oct 21 - estimated delivery End Sept 22
Into Build Status 20 on Week 28 - so just over 3 weeks ago.
Ocean 150 in Bay Leaf Green with: factory tow bar, 80 litre tank, Devonport wheels with All Season tyres and 4 keys, all else std. incl. the std. Lane/Park Assist.

Probably doesn't help in trying to work out why yours are so delayed - other than to say, perhaps things are now speeding up and you will all get your good news very soon. Certainly hope so.

Despite all the time waiting/thinking, filling the cupboards with stuff, now a mad scramble to sort out stuff like insurance etc.

Good luck all.
With all of the delays for others, not sure I should post this, but - One more sleep for us - collection day is tomorrow (Monday). 10 months to the day from ordering.

Obligatory photo will follow..

Same here, given up asking for updates as the answer is always the same….”we know nothing” in the voice of Manuel…;-)

We ordered June 21, it could be June 23 at this rate before we get it…
Half the reason I check this section is to see your “it’s here!!” message @couplands :thumb

With all of the delays for others, not sure I should post this, but - One more sleep for us - collection day is tomorrow (Monday). 10 months to the day from ordering.

Obligatory photo will follow..
Not quite the photo session I was hoping for:

Unbelievable:
DSC_7052.JPG
Starting light rain 20 mins after leaving the dealer yesterday, carried on in the evening and today it is tanking it down ... After all of this heat etc. had hoped for the first day dry, at least...

Ah well, not complaining really, we need the rain. At least it will be a good test of the roof seal..

Got to thank Emma for making the whole purchase journey nice and straight forward and keeping us informed along the way. Also to Tony for a nice handover and all the rest of the crew at @breeze in Poole. Van looked lovely having been prepped by them - shame it didn't stay that way for long..

Everything there, nothing missing (thanks to this forum members for all the info to help with the checks). Seems to drive even better than the van we tried last year, so very happy.

Hopefully will get some better photos when things dry up a bit.

As everyone says, the waiting is tough, but well worth when it finally arrives.

Just got the difficult decision over naming now.

It is big, it is green and with a number plate that starts H and ends LK - I think it needs a MARVEL - ous name ...
- Bruce ?? ((probably going to be vetoed though - ah well, in my mind.. :) )

Best of luck to those still waiting, esp. those that have waited longer than us. Bitter-sweet to see these type of posts - but one more van gone from the factory, surely means a space for yours..

Will be hanging around on this thread though, until the good news comes through for you all.

Not quite the photo session I was hoping for:

Unbelievable:
View attachment 97881
Starting light rain 20 mins after leaving the dealer yesterday, carried on in the evening and today it is tanking it down ... After all of this heat etc. had hoped for the first day dry, at least...

Ah well, not complaining really, we need the rain. At least it will be a good test of the roof seal..

Got to thank Emma for making the whole purchase journey nice and straight forward and keeping us informed along the way. Also to Tony for a nice handover and all the rest of the crew at @breeze in Poole. Van looked lovely having been prepped by them - shame it didn't stay that way for long..

Everything there, nothing missing (thanks to this forum members for all the info to help with the checks). Seems to drive even better than the van we tried last year, so very happy.

Hopefully will get some better photos when things dry up a bit.

As everyone says, the waiting is tough, but well worth when it finally arrives.

Just got the difficult decision over naming now.

It is big, it is green and with a number plate that starts H and ends LK - I think it needs a MARVEL - ous name ...
- Bruce ?? ((probably going to be vetoed though - ah well, in my mind.. :) )

Best of luck to those still waiting, esp. those that have waited longer than us. Bitter-sweet to see these type of posts - but one more van gone from the factory, surely means a space for yours..

Will be hanging around on this thread though, until the good news comes through for you all.
My dad always said a green car is unlucky, but that looks like a whole lot of goodness right there.
I would go sit in it, put the heater on and make a cup of hot chocolate.
Looks blooming awesome :thumb

Back