Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Just had Eurovans Crawley, out of the blue, tell us that our Cali is sat in their forecourt ready to pick up! No warning, no emails or communication from VW or EV saying our van is in build and will be ready in X weeks or months. Our order was placed in June this year and we were told it would be a minimum of 12 months if we were lucky so we budgeted for delivery in March 2023, at the earliest.

We've recently had a few unexpected things happen such as our boiler packing in on us so our deposit is not quite there anymore, plus it's Christmas and we have kids blah blah blah, so what should be the happiest time has turned out to be a tad stressful. EV said they've had a few people say the same thing so I can only imagine VW has dropped them in it, so to speak, with a bunch of unexpected deliveries?

Their response to the above was, see what you can do and call us back but we'll have to see how it plays out if you can't make it happen. Has anyone else found themselves in the same boat? Just wondering where we stand for deferring the order till next year?
I’m in the same boat - looking at 12 month wait and it’s arrived now. I’m so excited I can’t tell you. I only ordered what I could afford so was lucky in that respect. Hope it works out for you.

I get it and you are 100% correct, it's always in the small print right? I just wish there was a clause where the seller could be courteous enough to say to the buyer, hey buddy rejoice! your extremely expensive purchase is on its way so get your ducks in a row in say 1 or 2 months' time but sadly that wasn't the case.

End of the day it's just a bit frustrating these things are not inexpensive and I guess I expected a bit more in the way of customer service. That said we'll try and sort it out and enjoy.

Thanks for the info man
I guess it’s the balance of either re-ordering and suffering the price increase plus increased PCP interest rate over the term of the PCP (which won’t be a small sum), or the interest of a short term loan or credit card amount for the next 5 months (till March as you say that’s your Plan A). In the same circumstances I think I’d first recheck affordability of Plan A in todays climate, then look for a zero or low percent credit card, for use only on this deposit, then lock it away. Moneysavingexpert.com has a tool to find such a card (if you don’t have access to one currently) without impacting your credit rating.

Just had Eurovans Crawley, out of the blue, tell us that our Cali is sat in their forecourt ready to pick up! No warning, no emails or communication from VW or EV saying our van is in build and will be ready in X weeks or months. Our order was placed in June this year and we were told it would be a minimum of 12 months if we were lucky so we budgeted for delivery in March 2023, at the earliest.

We've recently had a few unexpected things happen such as our boiler packing in on us so our deposit is not quite there anymore, plus it's Christmas and we have kids blah blah blah, so what should be the happiest time has turned out to be a tad stressful. EV said they've had a few people say the same thing so I can only imagine VW has dropped them in it, so to speak, with a bunch of unexpected deliveries?

Their response to the above was, see what you can do and call us back but we'll have to see how it plays out if you can't make it happen. Has anyone else found themselves in the same boat? Just wondering where we stand for deferring the order till next year?
We were the same with Crawley Eurovans.
I got an email last Tuesday from VW that it had left the factory and then on Thursday EV called me to say could i pick it up Thursday 24th Nov.\
We was also expecting it March 23 but then EV did msg me to say it might be ready for December.
All in all a big surprise and having to find a months saving a short notice has made it stressful.

I get it and you are 100% correct, it's always in the small print right? I just wish there was a clause where the seller could be courteous enough to say to the buyer, hey buddy rejoice! your extremely expensive purchase is on its way so get your ducks in a row in say 1 or 2 months' time but sadly that wasn't the case.

End of the day it's just a bit frustrating these things are not inexpensive and I guess I expected a bit more in the way of customer service. That said we'll try and sort it out and enjoy.

Thanks for the info man
You didn’t by chance have Mike from EV did you?

Just had a call from Liverpool. Almost exactly 4 months since we placed our order (25th July 2022) it's in for us to collect on Monday.
How do you feel about that in view that your expectations were that you would probably take delivery next spring?

Checked my email today, and saw a message "regarding your VW California order" got really excited opened it up and it said "Hi, your order is still showing in build, I will continue to monitor this and update you once I have news"

Was originally told it would be here in 12months when I ordered it March 2022, but since I was told it was in build September 16th I got excited and thought it would be here sooner.

Cant wait until it arrives, feels like waiting for Xmas when I was a child.

Our expected delivery timescale was 12 months so to say the least we were surprised. However, we have been looking forward to seeing whether it might replace my LR Discovery which will be 7 years old in March so actually we can live with the timing.

regarding spec, it’s an Ocean 204 4 motion and embarrassingly we appear to have ticked most things on the options list except the tow bar and body packs.

I’m really pleased for you all that have much reduced delivery dates, but I just can’t get my head round how this has happened??? There’s no rhyme or reason at all it seems.

It would be interesting to understand how many orders are being cancelled due to the uncertainty many are facing. That must be a major factor in the reduced lead times we are hearing over the last few weeks.

Our expected delivery timescale was 12 months so to say the least we were surprised. However, we have been looking forward to seeing whether it might replace my LR Discovery which will be 7 years old in March so actually we can live with the timing.

regarding spec, it’s an Ocean 204 4 motion and embarrassingly we appear to have ticked most things on the options list except the tow bar and body packs.
Interesting, our spec is pretty much a bogo standard 150 but for a few tiny bits. I assumed that is probably the reason it's here early. Hope enjoy yours!

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone for all the replies and advice.

I guess for us the frustration is the sheer lack of any communication from EV and VW. The Cali is our 6th new VW on the bounce and every single time we have had clear comms telling us the vehicle is in build months in advance. Then it's the fun of following it through the build stages, from the German port to the UK and finally to the dealer.

This vehicle is literally double the cost of our last two and is by far the biggest purchase we've made aside from our house, I guess I expected better customer service than this, especially when you look at EVs reviews online. Our last communication was an email in August saying the build had been delayed and here we are near Christmas scratting around trying to make up the shortfall for a few unfortunate incidents.

That all said, we will be getting the Cali very soon which is still awesome, I guess it just turned out to be a stressful experience rather than an exciting one, but life ain't perfect is it?

Onwards and upwards! Hopefully, our next posts in the forum will be tales of excitement and adventure as we travel the land in our new Cali, and who knows we might be able to start giving some advice to others as we learn the ropes.

Thanks again folks.

PS. Forgot to add, there is one distinct advantage with the unexpected arrival of our Cali. It will save us a fortune in regard to the many, many unnecessary accessories we would have bought next year!

Great stuff mate. We’ve just had 13 months of hardly any info from EV. Very frustrating but I think what it is, they are a very busy dealership and it takes time and effort to chase up where your van is at any given time. Not an excuse for them but any conversations I’ve had with Ben he has been really nice and helpful. He sent us a great video of the Cali in the compound last week. We are finally meeting him tomorrow to pick up our (very) long awaited van!

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone for all the replies and advice.

I guess for us the frustration is the sheer lack of any communication from EV and VW. The Cali is our 6th new VW on the bounce and every single time we have had clear comms telling us the vehicle is in build months in advance. Then it's the fun of following it through the build stages, from the German port to the UK and finally to the dealer.

This vehicle is literally double the cost of our last two and is by far the biggest purchase we've made aside from our house, I guess I expected better customer service than this, especially when you look at EVs reviews online. Our last communication was an email in August saying the build had been delayed and here we are near Christmas scratting around trying to make up the shortfall for a few unfortunate incidents.

That all said, we will be getting the Cali very soon which is still awesome, I guess it just turned out to be a stressful experience rather than an exciting one, but life ain't perfect is it?

Onwards and upwards! Hopefully, our next posts in the forum will be tales of excitement and adventure as we travel the land in our new Cali, and who knows we might be able to start giving some advice to others as we learn the ropes.

Thanks again folks.
Brilliant News that you didnt tell 'em to put it where the sun dont shine, but other than the initial satisafaction if its what you want you would have been the only one that suffered. Well done for keeping your cool. We are collecting ours on Saturday and TBH I really would have prefered a Spring / 2023 collection for many financial and practical reasons but it is `what it is.
You are absolutely correct about saving a fortune on unnecessary accessories ...Ive got a bedroom full! :)
Enjoy the collection and use of your new Cali :)

Great stuff mate. We’ve just had 13 months of hardly any info from EV. Very frustrating but I think what it is, they are a very busy dealership and it takes time and effort to chase up where your van is at any given time. Not an excuse for them but any conversations I’ve had with Ben he has been really nice and helpful. He sent us a great video of the Cali in the compound last week. We are finally meeting him tomorrow to pick up our (very) long awaited van!
Enjoy...good weather for you too :)..we are collecting ours this Saturday.

Last email I got from EV was 10 days ago after I enquired about changing the spec, they said...

Unfortunately, the vehicle is now in build status so no changes can be made. However, GREAT NEWS is that your new California should be with us in the next 6-8 weeks fingers crossed !!! I shall keep you updated now it is in build, the next stage will be “at Port” ready for boat then arrival in UK.

Nothing since then but I am thinking about calling to check the status & possibly cancel as I don't really want it before March. When I ordered in Sept I was pretty sure 6 months would be the minimum wait.

I think I might be another example of the Eurovans delivery avalanche. Ordered at the end of June (quoted 12-15 months) van arrived into stock mid November and collecting tomorrow.

I realise that, for some, early arrival might be quite a challenge but there is rumoured to be a price increase planned on 1st December and I suspect there will be another one in late Spring/early Summer and as the orders aren't price protected taking an early delivery may save a sizeable amount of money. Also, there are bound to be significant increases in finance costs for those choosing that route to purchase. I guess the only downside for those that worry about it is that with more plentiful supply second hand prices may well fall from the current high levels.

It does seem odd that most of this thread refers to Eurovans. I wonder if other dealers are experiencing the same quantity of early deliveries.

I think I might be another example of the Eurovans delivery avalanche. Ordered at the end of June (quoted 12-15 months) van arrived into stock mid November and collecting tomorrow.

I realise that, for some, early arrival might be quite a challenge but there is rumoured to be a price increase planned on 1st December and I suspect there will be another one in late Spring/early Summer and as the orders aren't price protected taking an early delivery may save a sizeable amount of money. Also, there are bound to be significant increases in finance costs for those choosing that route to purchase. I guess the only downside for those that worry about it is that with more plentiful supply second hand prices may well fall from the current high levels.

It does seem odd that most of this thread refers to Eurovans. I wonder if other dealers are experiencing the same quantity of early deliveries.
See you there! That’s mad, ordered in June?! Something strange going on.

Back