Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I ordered my 150 ocean 2 weeks ago and was told 4-6 months, so aligns with your view.

However, I was told the 4 motion is still 14-16mths wait due to parts.
My 4 motion has been in build since middle of August and is being delayed due to shortage of parts.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get from the UK port to the dealer? I was told last Thursday that my Ocean had arrived in the uk but not heard anything since. It’s ordered with EV Crawley.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get from the UK port to the dealer? I was told last Thursday that my Ocean had arrived in the uk but not heard anything since. It’s ordered with EV Crawley.
4-5 weeks in my case, including the PDI.

That is how long I waited also, and although other californias were arriving they had different specs. I know for a fact that the tow hook, 4 motion, diff lock and side assist we’re keeping the orders delayed and main reason I was told was low stocks of microchip semiconductors slow or difficulty in supplies.
at one stage they asked me if I wanted to drop a few extras to have it delivered sooner.

o_O From UK port??? Really? Do they use horse drawn wagons? :D
Mine took 4 weeks from dealer telling me it was built and leaving the factory to collecting. 9 days from saying they were expecting it ‘next week’ at the dealership to collecting. Could have collected a day earlier but it was the guys day off.
So maybe 10 days - 2 weeks after arriving in UK to collection.

When was this @Lizzibeth78 ?
@PhilR and myself champing at the bit lol
I’m hoping for a Friday 25th collection :Nailbiting

This time last year. Collected from Lancashire Van Centre - Preston. Felt quick once it was on its way to the dealer.
@PhilR ordered originally just before me so been following how he is getting on.
Yes it’s been a while! 26 months since the original order, so definitely chomping at the bit now…..I’ll soon be in Club Fortana ;)

I think it depends on transport company bring it from the port to the dealer. I was told nowadays with the price of fuel the lorry waits till it is full to cover their costs of the drop offs they do on the way. Four to six weeks is what we wait from port to actual having the vehicle.

Mine was 4 weeks from UK port to dealer. Factory to UK was only 3 weeks.

I think it depends on transport company bring it from the port to the dealer. I was told nowadays with the price of fuel the lorry waits till it is full to cover their costs of the drop offs they do on the way. Four to six weeks is what we wait from port to actual having the vehicle.
From UK port, not German port???? Ive been told a week....driven off and registered off Boat last friday and dealer sating it should be with them this week? Are we all getting our ports confused when providing our estimates??

Got an email yesterday my 4 motion ocean left the factory yesterday after placing the order mid March 2022.
Lead times appear to be shrinking. I wonder if this is due to more people cancelling their orders due to the current economic climate.

Just been informed by the dealer that my MUCH anticipated Cali Coast Edition is in the final phases of production. In dumb hope I deliberately planned my return flight after Christmas from the UK, through Schiphol airport in the off chance that it might be delivered before Christmas and that I could make detour to collect the Cali before driving it back home to its birthplace. Fingers crossed my best laid plans bare fruit.... and that they put the correct engine in this time......

Congratulations! Curious to know if you have a manual or DSG gearbox? I'm told mine is coming in December, so maybe ours will be on the same delivery truck. Fingers crossed

I ordered a Coast Edition, pure grey, 150 pk, 6 speed

Lead times appear to be shrinking. I wonder if this is due to more people cancelling their orders due to the current economic climate.
Well, waiting times are still about a year or more but it was already once before that the waiting times are shorter for orders in the UK; why? the rest can only guess. Maybe cancellations, maybe something else.

Congratulations! Curious to know if you have a manual or DSG gearbox? I'm told mine is coming in December, so maybe ours will be on the same delivery truck. Fingers crossed

I ordered a Coast Edition, pure grey, 150 pk, 6 speed
I ordered a 204pk DSG 4Mo Coast Edition in Pure Grey, so outwardly very similar.

Well, waiting times are still about a year or more but it was already once before that the waiting times are shorter for orders in the UK; why? the rest can only guess. Maybe cancellations, maybe something else.
I always thought it was because they could cream a bit more out of the RHD market so prioritized those builds. But looking at current prices in Germany I think that may not be true. I saw a dealer listing yesterday for a Coast priced at €117k :headbang

I always thought it was because they could cream a bit more out of the RHD market so prioritized those builds. But looking at current prices in Germany I think that may not be true. I saw a dealer listing yesterday for a Coast priced at €117k :headbang
Prioritize is something I suspect... if I can believe the predetermined extremely short delivery times that some recieve from their dealer. I suspect, these are either pre-ordered calis from companies such as DTD or the UK market is prioritized. This can also be.
With us, Belgium, the delivery times are still a year and more for a california. I heard this a few weeks ago when I was at the dealer to have the annoying creak above the windscreen resolved.
Prices of young second-hand are currently still slightly higher with us than ordering a new one.
May you receive yours soon; how happy you will be!

Prioritize is something I suspect... if I can believe the predetermined extremely short delivery times that some recieve from their dealer. I suspect, these are either pre-ordered calis from companies such as DTD or the UK market is prioritized. This can also be.
With us, Belgium, the delivery times are still a year and more for a california. I heard this a few weeks ago when I was at the dealer to have the annoying creak above the windscreen resolved.
Prices of young second-hand are currently still slightly higher with us than ordering a new one.
May you receive yours soon; how happy you will be!
Since you went through the same disappointment and then another wait, you will understand better than most how excited I'm feeling right now. I feel relieved not taking the one that turned up last May, as VW could have turned around and said "You want to order another Coast?, computer says no"

Got an email yesterday my 4 motion ocean left the factory yesterday after placing the order mid March 2022.
Ordered mine the same time mid March 2022, non 4 motion. Was told August time it was going into build on the 16th September, I've sent a few messages and just told not heard anything back from VW with any updates.

Ordered mine the same time mid March 2022, non 4 motion. Was told August time it was going into build on the 16th September, I've sent a few messages and just told not heard anything back from VW with any updates.
Mine went into build just the week before yours and is currently at the dealers. It’s been ready for about a week but I can’t get down until Monday. Fingers crossed you won’t be far behind.

Since you went through the same disappointment and then another wait, you will understand better than most how excited I'm feeling right now. I feel relieved not taking the one that turned up last May, as VW could have turned around and said "You want to order another Coast?, computer says no"
Indeed, I understand you and certainly mistakes can be made by them but luckily they were able to fix them. The waiting times become very long though (I think we have about the longest) but once you are at the dealer to collect your gem, many feelings come: happy, but also curious and even a bit worried whether everything is as ordered. You will also be proud when you look at it and sit in it. Proud of what you bought. Still this: they are not perfect and some have issues, but everything can be repaired and after all they remain for a large piece handmade campervans.
This morning, I will drive my daughter and some class friends (ours has the fifth seat) to their sports day and all are excited to sit in our van; that too is having a california. Enjoy it, be proud!

Last edited:
Mine was confirmed build week 40 but who’s to say it doesn’t get stuck in the port for 2-4weeks waiting for a boat?

So to answer my own question, our Ocean was at the uk port after arrival by ship, for around 10 days. Dealer confirmed today that they’ll get it Monday and we can collect on Friday. A tad excited to say the least.

Back