Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Delays - what delays?

I ordered this morning, take delivery next week & even thats too long a wait.

You can't beat a van thats in stock, it saves weeks of worry about whether the spec is right.
What spec did you manage to find in stock?

Congrats, so the GC is history?
I'm afraid so. I loved it, it was great to drive & brilliant for camping in.

Due to a change in work commitments I've only done 150 miles since June in it. I had semi retired in February but was persuaded back to full time work for another year or so.

For the 5 weeks I actually used it, it was perfect, for the other 47 weeks its sat in the way on the drive.

So I'm back to an Ocean which is far better for the 47 weeks but less good for the other 5.

Rapid Delivery! We were more fortunate than you @Marty Beach UK , our Beach Camper with many extras that we ordered in September 2022, arrived 3 months and 1 week from order placement. This will undoubtably mean that used prices will ‘realign’. Why buy an expensive used Cali when you can get exactly the specification that you want within 3 months and with a very good discount?

I think that some of the people selling used Calis on this site will have to ’realign’ some of their unrealistic asking prices.

I hope you enjoy your new Cali!

Rapid Delivery! We were more fortunate than you @Marty Beach UK , our Beach Camper with many extras that we ordered in September 2022, arrived 3 months and 1 week from order placement. This will undoubtably mean that used prices will ‘realign’. Why buy an expensive used Cali when you can get exactly the specification that you want within 3 months and with a very good discount?

I think that some of the people selling used Calis on this site will have to ’realign’ some of their unrealistic asking prices.

I hope you enjoy your new Cali!
We were very relaxed about our wait. 12
months was the estimate which proved to be pretty spot on. The delays seemed to be very spec dependent. We had nearly every option on ours (literally) and it only takes one thing to be on back order to delay things.

Prices will be what they’ll be as well. We’ll be holding on to ours for many years so aren’t worried.

Have fun in yours too

Delays - what delays?

I ordered this morning, take delivery next week & even thats too long a wait.

You can't beat a van thats in stock, it saves weeks of worry about whether the spec is right.
Did that come in at list or could you negotiate a lower price ..?

Just wondering if the market is softening with less delays on factory builds, vans in stock and cost of living increases.

Did that come in at list or could you negotiate a lower price ..?

Just wondering if the market is softening with less delays on factory builds, vans in stock and cost of living increases.

I don't see any signs of it softening, there's about 10 new vans in total available in the UK. If you want 4 motion there's 3, if you don't want grey you are stuffed.

I don't see there being a glut of unsold vans being available in the spring.

I checked all the finance options, for me the change in rates will cost me about £1k extra. If someone was buying a 100% financed £80k van using the 10 year finance it would add an extra £36k to the overall cost!

Its also worth noting that you now can't order a 4 motion off the configurator, if you want to wait it is anticipated that they will be available again in about 18 months time

On those vans for sale advertising with discounts shown, the discount is from todays list price bringing it back to the price they were for sale at a month or so ago.

At the end of the day we got to an acceptable cost to change, I look at the value I will get from it rather than what it cost to buy. I've got my mobile office back!

I don't see any signs of it softening, there's about 10 new vans in total available in the UK. If you want 4 motion there's 3, if you don't want grey you are stuffed.

I don't see there being a glut of unsold vans being available in the spring.

I checked all the finance options, for me the change in rates will cost me about £1k extra. If someone was buying a 100% financed £80k van using the 10 year finance it would add an extra £36k to the overall cost!

Its also worth noting that you now can't order a 4 motion off the configurator, if you want to wait it is anticipated that they will be available again in about 18 months time

On those vans for sale advertising with discounts shown, the discount is from todays list price bringing it back to the price they were for sale at a month or so ago.

At the end of the day we got to an acceptable cost to change, I look at the value I will get from it rather than what it cost to buy. I've got my mobile office back!
Good to know.

Yeah, financing costs are always steep. Even when it was 5% ish, that’s a lot over a 5 or 10 year deal.

We’re happy with our 2 month old Cali (apart from leaking windows, dropping pop top, dodgy power latching door and over sensitive parking sensor..) and glad we got it when we did.

Enjoy the van…and mobile office…

Been a bit quiet around here so perhaps I need to welcome in 2023 with a long overdue announcement. My Cali Coast is finally at the dealers. They were happy to send over a short vid just to prove it wasn't a cruel joke after one false start and 26 months of waiting. Correct colour, engine capacity and all the other options I wanted including the 80L fuel tank which I was told had to be deleted due to weight limitations. As an added bonus I have the new double skinned bellows which is lighter inside to give a little more airy feel.

Here are few freeze frames from the low Rez vid.

CaliCoast1.jpg

CaliCoast2.jpg

CaliCoast3.jpg

Been a bit quiet around here so perhaps I need to welcome in 2023 with a long overdue announcement. My Cali Coast is finally at the dealers. They were happy to send over a short vid just to prove it wasn't a cruel joke after one false start and 26 months of waiting. Correct colour, engine capacity and all the other options I wanted including the 80L fuel tank which I was told had to be deleted due to weight limitations. As an added bonus I have the new double skinned bellows which is lighter inside to give a little more airy feel.

View attachment 103915

View attachment 103916

View attachment 103917
Looking good - congratulations!

View attachment 103915

View attachment 103916

View attachment 103917
I very much like the decal you’ve got on the sides, it goes nicely with the van colour.

View attachment 103915

View attachment 103916

View attachment 103917
Nice! Double skinned? I never knew…… :thumb

So from a history perspective, is this the longest running thread for the forum? Surely there are even longer ones! (That’s another post, now only 60 to go to 7k) :thumb
What about Roof Corrosion?

Yeah close the thread, mine coming 23rd Jan, (10 months wait) I can start posting in the members gallery with pics of my van in exotic locations!!:cool:

Just had some great news today that my Ocean ordered in November 2021 has arrived at the dealership and hope to pick it up on the 27th Jan.
Also, the price is the same as it was on the order.
Now, that’s a proper waiting time like they used to be.
Only joking; congrats, you must be really looking forward to it now. Exciting.

Back