Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best insurance cover/company

G

Gelato

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Sorry to ask I am sure this is posted regularly, who is the best insurance company for California’s. We are hoping to order our first California T6.1 Ocean and want to look into insurance, no idea what the premium will be - but worried with the price of the vehicle high already!! Presently insured with Admiral on the dual policy which covers our Yeti and my wife’s car. We are both over 50 and the California will be parked on our drive in hopefully a fairly safe little town. Looking to have extra security added, originally thinking tracker and the Autowatch Ghost system but think people suggest just one not both. Hopefully this would help with the premium.

Any other tips on getting the premium low, will only be used for pleasure, used abroad?

Thanks for any advice/guidance

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Try all the usual candidates Comfort ,safeguard ,Nfu, caravan club even VW

Rich63

Rich63

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Try AIB insurance, their details are available via the club. Tell them you are (if you are) a member of the Vwcc for a discount.

Ch1pbutty

Ch1pbutty

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Justkampers insurance is very good & claims handling is very efficient.

A

ainsy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Get a quote from Admiral if you're already with them. I had 10 months left on my policy and it only cost £20 to switch from Land Rover to a new Cali a few months ago.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Sorry to ask I am sure this is posted regularly, who is the best insurance company for California’s. We are hoping to order our first California T6.1 Ocean and want to look into insurance, no idea what the premium will be - but worried with the price of the vehicle high already!! Presently insured with Admiral on the dual policy which covers our Yeti and my wife’s car. We are both over 50 and the California will be parked on our drive in hopefully a fairly safe little town. Looking to have extra security added, originally thinking tracker and the Autowatch Ghost system but think people suggest just one not both. Hopefully this would help with the premium.

Any other tips on getting the premium low, will only be used for pleasure, used abroad?

See all the above, but if it is a new factory order then some companies will offer New for Old for the 1st and/or 2nd year thus no need for GAP insurance. Caravan & Motorhome do this. Not the cheapest but everything covered including accidents when camping. Some other companies , mainly car insurance, may not cover camping accidents or equipment to a sufficient level.

Scorf

Scorf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just moved after a single year with LV.

No problems with service or cover, just the renewal quote quite a bit higher than we expected, so we've transferred to Admiral, on a multi car policy with my daughters runaround..... very competitive pricing :thumb

S

Scoobz1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy

Would get a quote before getting a lot security devices fitted if insurance premiums are your main motivation - be surprised if you quote from Admiral was much more than £300 !