Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Security!

You have to do it from the drivers door, not from inside or the side door.

Open the drivers door,

To the right low down on the pillar is a switch. If it glows red then the alarm is activated. Press it and it will glow amber. The internal motion detectors are now disabled when you use the key fob to lock up.

Alternatively, if you want to keep the motion detectors activated except when inside the vehicle and locking up for the night, the switch below the mirror switch cluster will lock the doors but leave the motion detector unactivated.
Thank you

There have been quite a few instances of car crime recently around my local area. Does anyone know where the motion sensors are located in the Cali? It is such a internal large space I was wondering whether it would cover all of the interior if the rear window was broken for example.
So far they seem to have picked older cars which don't have quite such good locks, but they have also targeted keyless cars. Quite a number have been opened even when parked right next to the house so they are obviously very quiet. I have advised the owners to keep keys away from the front of the house and in something metallic so the naer-do-wells can't scan for the keys.
I'm very thankful that the Cali has "old fashioned" locks which are harder to crack.

There have been quite a few instances of car crime recently around my local area. Does anyone know where the motion sensors are located in the Cali? It is such a internal large space I was wondering whether it would cover all of the interior if the rear window was broken for example.
So far they seem to have picked older cars which don't have quite such good locks, but they have also targeted keyless cars. Quite a number have been opened even when parked right next to the house so they are obviously very quiet. I have advised the owners to keep keys away from the front of the house and in something metallic so the naer-do-wells can't scan for the keys.
I'm very thankful that the Cali has "old fashioned" locks which are harder to crack.
They are Ultrasonic in nature I believe and positioned either side of the Front Cabin lights console.