Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NEW - THE ROOFBOX - OUR NEW CEILING STORAGE BOX FOR THE T5, T6 & T6.1 CALIFORNIA BEACH

gareth230380

gareth230380

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Has anyone ordered one of these or anything from California-camping.de

we’re always looking for handy storage areas in the beach and at 350 euros looks good value. Just a bit worried it’s one massive sheet of aluminium inside and anything put in there will slide around all over the place.

anyone who has one it would be great to here your thoughts before we went for one.

New - the ROOFBOX - our new ceiling storage box for the T5, T6 & T6.1 California Beach

Looks well finished, you can always put a non slip mat inside.

We had a similar overhead storage in our last van, but never really used it. So would decide what you will actually put in it before you buy.

Looks well finished, you can always put a non slip mat inside.

We had a similar overhead storage in our last van, but never really used it. So would decide what you will actually put in it before you buy.

It might be useful for ‘always good to have’ stuff. For us that would be things like picnic rug, spare blankets, cushions/pillows.

Has anyone ordered one of these or anything from California-camping.de

we’re always looking for handy storage areas in the beach and at 350 euros looks good value. Just a bit worried it’s one massive sheet of aluminium inside and anything put in there will slide around all over the place.

anyone who has one it would be great to here your thoughts before we went for one.

New - the ROOFBOX - our new ceiling storage box for the T5, T6 & T6.1 California Beach
We have one ,although from a Swiss company. A little tricky to fix but a good addition for small clothing item storage.

Yep fitted one last year, it’s good for soft squashy things, generally use it for coats and blankets, but generally quite useful.

Worth adding as I tend to sleep head to the tailgate first couple of nights I did bump my head in the morning due to the reduced height (3 seater beach) but I got used to it I regularly (pre COVID) sail so get used to cramped random shaped sleeping areas.

Last edited:
Has anyone else bought one of these? I'm v tempted since we are a family of 5 storage is key...

Has anyone else bought one of these? I'm v tempted since we are a family of 5 storage is key...
@jackster Can I take a bit of a liberty here and point out that your postcode is in your header. Some would deem that a bit of security risk. Hope you don't mind me pointing that out.

We have ordered stuff from them over the years (not this box), generally a reliable and flexible supplier.
Be aware, though that many german shops like these have postponed delivery to the UK for the time being. And on their site they say this box is out of stock...

@jackster Can I take a bit of a liberty here and point out that your postcode is in your header. Some would deem that a bit of security risk. Hope you don't mind me pointing that out.
Ohhhh! I didn't know it had done that. Thanks for letting me know. Lucky i haven't done any trolling yet!

Back