Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slide Out Boot Floor

no, they are a "T" bolt that turns through 90 degrees then tightens up.
Edit:
re-read your question; there is a riser block that has screws coming up from the bottom plate.
View attachment 44313

That’s a massive help.
Look like similar thickness to a multi-flex leg and possibly just the rail is to thin for the turn spring to bite.
That block must be welded to the frame.

That’s a bit of hassle then, might go with something I used last time :thumb

They are a VW part that was used for the fridge slider plate.I used them to make my own and then found them used on the slide out drawer. Part number in the Image.
4431444315IMG_3663.jpg2017-03-03_15-15-59.png

That’s a massive help.
Look like similar thickness to a multi-flex leg and possibly just the rail is to thin for the turn spring to bite.
That block must be welded to the frame.

That’s a bit of hassle then, might go with something I used last time :thumb
with a small mod, I then used some for an internal bike rack project so works fine like this;

Sweet...
Will give Volkswagen a ring shortly see if they can get me a couple.
Thanks Loz

This is mine. Might help if you are making one.

You didn’t fancy going full width Briwy...?
I had 800 slides on my Beach slide shelf. For the Ocean I have ordered the same slides as yourself at 660, but will make the box 700.
This is with the chair back as far back as it will go.

I will then make some boxes to fit and this will become our wardrobe going forward with a box for each person and a laundry box.

Last edited:
You didn’t fancy going full width Briwy...?
I had 800 slides on my Beach slide shelf. For the Ocean I have ordered the same slides at 660, but will make the box 700.
This is with the chair back as far back as it will go.

I will then make some boxes to fit and this will become our wardrobe going forward with a box for each person and a laundry box.
I No, wanted to keep the long slot clear for skis, awning rafter, poles etc

Right.
I’ve done some rough calculations.
Do I order cut to size, or buy full lengths and cut myself and be doubly sure... :happy

To be honest it was such a small amount I didn't notice the difference as the seat is almost against the rear shelf stops with the drawer in place.
If it helps, I just popped out and emptied the rear and took a couple of photos.
View attachment 32169 View attachment 32170
Considering there is normally a 10mm rubber stop in place the seat has only gone forward 20mm.

Im considering buying or building one myself. What I am very curious to know is the following. With the 810 version of the calidrawer, the bench is moved 2-3 cms more to the front of the car. But doesn't the bench need to be all the way to the back to safely 'click' in to place? In other words, can you still safely transport people on the back bench with the 810 calidrawer in place? I dont care about loosing 3 cm's in front, but not being able to safely transport people in the back would be a dealbreaker.

Im considering buying or building one myself. What I am very curious to know is the following. With the 810 version of the calidrawer, the bench is moved 2-3 cms more to the front of the car. But doesn't the bench need to be all the way to the back to safely 'click' in to place? In other words, can you still safely transport people on the back bench with the 810 calidrawer in place? I dont care about loosing 3 cm's in front, but not being able to safely transport people in the back would be a dealbreaker.
That is the beauty of the bench seat in the Cali it locks in at any point along the tracks.

in the T5 GP also?
did on ours - you can slide the bench back and forward and it locks in where you stop you have to pull the handle to release it again - if it doesn't lock in just sit on the seat without pulling the handle a push back a fraction and it clicks in. Go and have a try in your van.

Back