Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slide Out Boot Floor

That looks great and I’m sure a lot cheaper!

I can’t remember exactly.
Have a search on the forum, it’s around somewhere.
Possibly about £250ish.
It’s not that hard. Measure twice, cut once etc ;)

Hi Paul, did you buy the slideout from California Camping-de?
Any chance you could measure the height clearance between the slideout and the bottom of the multiplex board please (the bar of the folding front shelf), I want to store my Waeco CF40 fridge on it but it’s 445mm high and will be very tight. I really need to find this out before ordering, thanks.

Oooops, only just seen this....yes I bought it frommthat German site.... slightly unnerving given the language thing but arrived promptly. Do you still need measurements? .... my whopping fridge fits just fine but can measure if you still need details. P

Oooops, only just seen this....yes I bought it frommthat German site.... slightly unnerving given the language thing but arrived promptly. Do you still need measurements? .... my whopping fridge fits just fine but can measure if you still need details. P
Hi Paul, yes measurements would be great, just about to order from California-camping.de. I’m worried that my Waeco CF40 fridge will hit the flip mechanism of the front folding shelf. It’s 445mm high in the middle but only 435mm high at the end which would be under the bar of the flip mechanism. I think it will just fit, but I’d be a lot more confident ordering it if I knew it would go under the bar. I wouldn’t want to have to try and return it or change my fridge (Waeco fridges are great but very expensive).

C2131D37-A056-4E16-9F55-0215437117EA.jpeg E0EF895F-75AF-45FB-94CB-BA07A241132B.jpeg 392C74E3-4E31-4F2A-A807-099058E50D4E.jpeg E0EF895F-75AF-45FB-94CB-BA07A241132B.jpeg
Hi Paul, yes measurements would be great, just about to order from California-camping.de. I’m worried that my Waeco CF40 fridge will hit the flip mechanism of the front folding shelf. It’s 445mm high in the middle but only 435mm high at the end which would be under the bar of the flip mechanism. I think it will just fit, but I’d be a lot more confident ordering it if I knew it would go under the bar. I wouldn’t want to have to try and return it or change my fridge (Waeco fridges are great but very expensive).

Hi Silver Surfer,

Apologies, didn’t notice your reply until today.

I just measured the distance between the floor of the slideout and the underside of the parcel shelf. The meaurement is 45.5 cms. Clearly you need to think about the fact that there is that mechanism underneath the parcel shelf and subtract that.... depending upon which way around you orientate the fridge.

If it helps, my fridge height is 43.1 cms and it fits just fine and does not catch on anything, which ever way I orientate it. You will however find that the fridge takes up a huge proportion of the slide out tray and decide to put it somewhere else (as you’ll see I have now done) thus leaving bags of room on the slide out for all you clutter that would otherwise fill you cab.

Hopefully these pics help.. P

Ps there was a choice of depths for the trays, I got the bigget and am glad of my choice

Just thought I'd post about an alternative slide out drawer option from CamperX here: http://camperx.ch/produkt/t5-heckauszug/ If your German isn't good, use Chrome, right click on the page and click 'Translate'.

I've got one of these, and I can really recommend them. It works a treat, the mechanism is very smooth, it can take 100kg, it locks in place (fully in and out), it bolts easily into the slide rails, and it comes with anti-slip matting. I think something like this is a bit of a must-have for a 3 seat beach. It really makes it possible to use all the space very efficiently under the multiflex board, without having to pull everything out onto the floor to get to what you need. They even do a narrower version for the Ocean. It is very quick to put in and take out of the van.

Jonas is the guy at CamperX that I dealt with and he was super helpful with ordering and instructions. The unit isn't cheap when you add in postage and VAT on import (it comes from Switzerland), but it's excellent quality and as others have mentioned on this thread the parts are not cheap, so if you are handy enough to make one then great. If not, I'd recommend you save your pennies for one. :)

We have tried using the drawer for different things - the fridge, beach stuff, driveaway awning. It works fine for all of them.

drawer1.jpg

drawer2.jpg

drawer4.jpg

drawer5.jpg

To fit in with the way we camp i built a much deeper drawer, nearly 1200mm. That means it can take a dometic 35 fridge and there’s still over 400mm behind for a large Euro box.
The base panel is in two parts and the runners are positioned so if I want to slide the bench seat back towards the rear of the van, I remove one section of the base which just lifts out and the seat slides over the runners which end up fitting snuggly within the tray compartments.

Basically it’s a slide out drawer in two sizes, a sort of multi drawer. One works with the bench seat pushed back so it’s tight on the multiflex and another almost twice the depth which works when the seat is slid forward in its starting position for making the downstairs bed.
To be honest, when we camp we nearly always leave the bench seat in its forward position so it’s ready to just fold when making the bed and prefer to sit outside under the awning.
The deeper drawer means a smaller living space but less clutter within it as that can all go in extra space the deeper drawer offers.
If we think we don’t need to take as much gear, I’ll use the smaller option and have a bigger living area.

018D195B-1DA1-4280-A8BD-C1214F8D33CD.jpeg

BE73B0CC-6849-4A12-A6CA-4DC6D8BB4E5B.jpeg

Just installed mine. Awesome quality, and arrived in 4 days! I got the 800 but am confused about Euroboxes. Which sizes fit the best? @Loz, you seem to have a perfect fit with two different sizes. Also what are the extra carpet strips for? @silversurfer, happy to measure, but not sure what dimension you are looking for.
Yes - what are the 2 x smaller pieces of carpet for???/

They go between the rails and the trim to prevent damage.
Ahaaaaa! Thanks very much Loz
Just got to try and track down the right dimension euro crates now..........

Ahaaaaa! Thanks very much Loz
Just got to try and track down the right dimension euro crates now..........
I posted them before but I have them in notes, bear with...
Cali boxes
2 x grey 600x400x150
2 x blue 400x300x300
4 x yellow 400x300x150

I'll edit this later with a link to the post that has them..
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/dimensions-details-please.7497/page-3#post-251548

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/slide-out-boot-floor.23260/page-2#post-267360

These drawer sytems look great. Does anyone know whether you can fit 340mm hight euro boxes on the ocean, with the bed shelf in the higher position?

Guys.

Could someone tell me if the rail turn locks are welded onto the slide rail please...?
It’s hard to tell from the picture, but I’m guessing yes as that’s the only way I could see them working...?

Guys.

Could someone tell me if the rail turn locks are welded onto the slide rail please...?
It’s hard to tell from the picture, but I’m guessing yes as that’s the only way I could see them working...?

View attachment 44312
no, they are a "T" bolt that turns through 90 degrees then tightens up.
Edit:
re-read your question; there is a riser block that has screws coming up from the bottom plate.

Last edited:
no, they are a "T" bolt that turns through 890 degrees then tightens up.

Ok Loz,
so its just the force turning onto the rail which holds them down...?
They aren't actually fixed as such.

Any chance you know what they are called?
Think i will use these for my next build.

Last edited:
Back