Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slide Out Boot Floor

I bought that expnsive German thingy... love it, total backsaver and no more banging my head faffing around in the boot...

I’d really like the 800mm German one. Looks great. Please does it only lock in the fully open and fully closed position? Also if anyone would be so kind I’d also like to know just how far it extends out beyond the bumper? The slide out would be at its most useful when on long trips but I’ll also have a tow bar mounted bike rack fitted at the same time. If it hits the rack and does not lock near to that position it could be hard work if parked facing down a hill.

Is it a pretty easy installation/removal process, as in one guy a couple of minutes?
Might be missing something but Pics on link only seem to show two rail systems. Would there be any problem with three rail van? Don’t know if outer two rails in same location in both versions.....

I believe the 2 outer rails on the ocean remain in the same position and on non 4motion version there is the extra rail in the middle for the option of the extra seat.

I believe this is the same drawer being installed into a 3 rail version.

Really tempted to get one of the Calicap sliding boot floors to better organise my storage, but can't decide between the 760 or 800mm depths. My concern is losing too much space by having to move the bench forward with the 800mm version. But then with the 800mm you can fit lovely neat stacking Euro boxes, so that's the ideal really :thumb

@Loz, or anybody else that has one, was the difference really 2-3cm as mentioned on their website?

This thread - https://www.caliboard.de/showthread.php?7175-Calidrawer-Heckauszug/page17 - mentions something about removing rubber stops (if Google Translate is correct) - is this something I could do to reduce the amount that the bench has to move forward by?

My favourite upgrade. The 800 size in my 3 rail system allows me easy access and so effortless. Fitted in less than 10 minutes and well worth the cost.

To be honest it was such a small amount I didn't notice the difference as the seat is almost against the rear shelf stops with the drawer in place.
If it helps, I just popped out and emptied the rear and took a couple of photos.
IMG_0249.jpg IMG_0251.jpg
Considering there is normally a 10mm rubber stop in place the seat has only gone forward 20mm.

Thanks @Loz, very helpful!

Just noticed on page 1 of this thread, the photo with the empty drawer - is that a set of the Fiamma level ups in a red bag at the back? I have these and want to be sure they will still fit in that handy gap.

Thanks @Loz, very helpful!

Just noticed on page 1 of this thread, the photo with the empty drawer - is that a set of the Fiamma level ups in a red bag at the back? I have these and want to be sure they will still fit in that handy gap.
Yes, the level ups are still tucked in there.

I bought that expnsive German thingy... love it, total backsaver and no more banging my head faffing around in the boot...
Hi Paul, did you buy the slideout from California Camping-de?
Any chance you could measure the height clearance between the slideout and the bottom of the multiplex board please (the bar of the folding front shelf), I want to store my Waeco CF40 fridge on it but it’s 445mm high and will be very tight. I really need to find this out before ordering, thanks.

Just installed mine. Awesome quality, and arrived in 4 days! I got the 800 but am confused about Euroboxes. Which sizes fit the best? @Loz, you seem to have a perfect fit with two different sizes. Also what are the extra carpet strips for? @silversurfer, happy to measure, but not sure what dimension you are looking for.

5A77832C-1636-47D7-AA9F-63026D35061A.jpeg
Just installed mine. Awesome quality, and arrived in 4 days! I got the 800 but am confused about Euroboxes. Which sizes fit the best? @Loz, you seem to have a perfect fit with two different sizes. Also what are the extra carpet strips for? @silversurfer, happy to measure, but not sure what dimension you are looking for.
Hi CDinFrance, I want to know if my Waeco CF40 fridge box will fit under the multiflex board if I fit the German slide out draw. It’s quite high at 445mm and I am worried it may hit the bar mechanism of the folding self at the front of the multiflex board (see attached photo). Would be great if you could measure it for me. I wouldn’t want the hassle of trying to return it.

Sorry, I have an Ocean with a different setup. Under the standard shelf height in the Ocean, there is only 31 cm.

Sorry, I have an Ocean with a different setup. Under the standard shelf height in the Ocean, there is only 31 cm.
Thanks anyway. Good of you to make the effort.
Have fun with your new slide out.
Nigel

I ordered the Calicap one for my Ocean which should hopefully arrive tomorrow or Monday, pretty quick shipping given I ordered it on Wed evening, but then you do pay around £50 postage from Germany so you’d hope it’d be pretty snappy!

I’ve found the Euro box dimensions a bit confusing. The 290 height you can get from Bigdug seems like a good size. But then the shallower ones are 120 and 175 height, which adds up to 295, not 290, but apparently when you stack them you lose some of the height, so I guess they’d all end up the same height. But then on the Calicap forum people have said 270 are a good fit for the Ocean (shelf at lowest position), so I hope slightly taller would fit.

@Loz, as you’ve got one of these, do you know how much height there is available between the drawer surface and the shelf in the lowest and highest positions?

You may have seen my self build, elsewhere on the forum. But just incase you didn’t.
One of the best things I’ve done to date. Really helps us stay organised.

DF97911D-8946-487B-9249-B0CD5CEAAD84.jpeg

7AC58E26-4C0A-4D95-82BB-27C4E20633F1.jpeg

Back