Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VIP Discount New VIP Discount Partner: Safeguard Insurance

They are not querying my make/model - they are denying all knowledge of any collaboration with the site at all. She simply said - there are no discounts associated with this club/forum. If this is true (rather than poor knowledge), perhaps our site should remove the statement? If we are - is there anything I can state - a code or something??

I spoke to them earlier and the discount is still in place for at least the next 12 months, I would ask to be referred to a manager as all staff should be aware.

Insured my Cali se with them 1 1/2 Week’s avo & got the forum discount so maybe it was lack of knowledge.

Email back from Safeguard:

Hi Martin,

The offer is live. I'll brief all the teams as a reminder in case we have any new or forgetful staff. From memory we receive over 200+ calls a year now from the club so most of very familiar with the club.

I'd need more information to investigate any issues. It may have been an existing customer who has greater discount and therefore is not entitled. It could be all sorts of things.

I could arrange for any said customer to be called to sort out or look into any example so we can fix any potential problem.

If you could find out some details I'll be happy to look into.

Many thanks
Gary

Renewal time for me with Safeguard. According to the advertising on this forum you get 12 months for the price of ten, but alas it is for new customers / first year only. Any chance this could be made much clearer to all as very misleading?
Quote "Safeguard Insurance Membership Offer
As a member of the VW California Club you can now receive an exclusive offer from one of our partners - Safeguard Insurance.
This offer entitles you to 12 months cover for the price of 10! All you need to do is quote VW California Club when requesting a quotation."

Renewal time for me with Safeguard. According to the advertising on this forum you get 12 months for the price of ten, but alas it is for new customers / first year only. Any chance this could be made much clearer to all as very misleading?
Quote "Safeguard Insurance Membership Offer
As a member of the VW California Club you can now receive an exclusive offer from one of our partners - Safeguard Insurance.
This offer entitles you to 12 months cover for the price of 10! All you need to do is quote VW California Club when requesting a quotation."

A lot of people seem to say that renewal price goes down unless there’s been a claim. Ours certainly went below the discounted first year price. We’d made a windscreen claim too.

You need to know that they will not insure the Beach - instead they refer one to another associated organisation which does not offer this deal - and limited milage unimpressed I am afraid and will definitely look elsewhere unless they change their tune

A lot of people seem to say that renewal price goes down unless there’s been a claim. Ours certainly went below the discounted first year price. We’d made a windscreen claim too.
I must live in the wrong post code. Mine has gone up for second year in a row and when talking to them today they said they no longer offer any discounts for being a member of any club. Still very much like the full European breakdown cover, unlimited milage and unlimited days in Europe each year though.

You need to know that they will not insure the Beach - instead they refer one to another associated organisation which does not offer this deal - and limited milage unimpressed I am afraid and will definitely look elsewhere unless they change their tune

This will hopefully change as they have found an underwriter for the Beach, we should have more information in a few weeks

I must live in the wrong post code. Mine has gone up for second year in a row and when talking to them today they said they no longer offer any discounts for being a member of any club. Still very much like the full European breakdown cover, unlimited milage and unlimited days in Europe each year though.

The 12 for 10 offer is only for year one, if the person at Safeguard says the deal is not available you need to ask to speak to a supervisor as this deal is still 100% in place as we speak to Safeguard regularly

The 12 for 10 offer is only for year one, if the person at Safeguard says the deal is not available you need to ask to speak to a supervisor as this deal is still 100% in place as we speak to Safeguard regularly
Phoned them up again and spoke to someone who was a little better informed. Yes 1st year discount available and I also have a discount still applied on renewal. Sorted.

Phoned them up again and spoke to someone who was a little better informed. Yes 1st year discount available and I also have a discount still applied on renewal. Sorted.
Just renewed with Safeguard. Not the cheapest but have the cover I need. Unlimited mileage in England and abroad. No limit on time out of England. Fully comp and green card for Morocco. Had VB air suspension put on, not a problem. Still under £500.

Just renewed with Safeguard. Not the cheapest but have the cover I need. Unlimited mileage in England and abroad. No limit on time out of England. Fully comp and green card for Morocco. Had VB air suspension put on, not a problem. Still under £500.
... and don’t forget full home and Euro breakdown cover included in the price also.

As previously mentioned, Safeguard won't insure a Beach and pass you onto Scenic, but didn't get any joy there. Comfort, won't cover the Beach unless we got the name of it changed with the DVLA, not will they cover business use. Tried loads of insurers direct to no avail. Then went onto Compare the market and got cover with Admiral. Was getting very worried at one stage as we pick up the vehicle tomorrow. Our first one....

No use to anyone looking to insure now but Safeguard will be insuring the Beach very soon.

Great news, Safeguard can now cover the Beach !!

Please feedback how you get on as this has only just gone live

Sold my 2016
Sold my 2016 Ocean 150 DSG and got an Ocean 204 DSG 4motion. Safeguard charged me around £45 more but to be fair, most of that was administrative charge for changing mid term. Although they ask for your expected mileage, at the moment it is unlimited!

I am getting my cali (2017 ocean) in 2 days!!!!
I have insured with Safeguard,, they were happy to 'mirror' my NCB as I am also the sole driver of another car, which has my allocted NCB
LV quoted £1400
Safeguard quoted £399 (with Highway) thank you for the discount after paying 40k + for my beautiful campervan, I needed as much help as possible on the insurance front.

LV quoted £1400
Yikes. I'm paying £450 ish from memory with LV for same spec van in not a great postcode. Let's hope LV haven't changed their view of Cali's when my renewal is due.

I am getting my cali (2017 ocean) in 2 days!!!!
I have insured with Safeguard,, they were happy to 'mirror' my NCB as I am also the sole driver of another car, which has my allocted NCB
LV quoted £1400
Safeguard quoted £399 (with Highway) thank you for the discount after paying 40k + for my beautiful campervan, I needed as much help as possible on the insurance front.
Excellent choice; they've always given me the cover I need.

Yikes. I'm paying £450 ish from memory with LV for same spec van in not a great postcode. Let's hope LV haven't changed their view of Cali's when my renewal is due.
It was that I had a knock for knock, and so they could not give me any NCB, so starting from scratch even though I have been driving since 1973. So just individual circumstances affects it.

Just had a quote from Safeguard today, £281 Inc breakdown cover, European cover and unlimited mileage using club discount !!! Comfort and a few others asked me to specify mileage. Suffice to say I am going with Safeguard