Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie needs Cali doors

H

hobie

Hi all, looking for a bit of guidance on something I'm quite sure has been covered by others. Through circumstance (needing to pull a heavy boat) I ended up last year with a 180 4motion kombi, and have put in an exploria bed. I generally have bikes, skis or windsurfers on board for the weekend so the full Cali bed just didn't work for me.

I am, however, fairly desperate to retro fit the door linings for a Cali on my two sliding doors - chiefly because there is nothing - really nothing - like a fitted blind!! Every other option is something I was happy with as a sprog 30 years ago, but now I just want blinds. At my age I can even afford to pay for them now.

Can these complete door trims be bought? Does anyone fit them?

Any help or guidance would be brilliant, mille grazie.

Do remember however that the Cali only has one sliding door... On the offside on UK vehicles... So it's not possible to get one for both sides.

Also, the blinds on the sliding door aren't part of the door trim but actually the surround and slide down from the roof in runners in the b and c pillar trims.

Rgds
Mark

Take a look at the top spec caravelles and I think you'll find they have sun blinds for both sliding side doors. They are the black mesh type to reduce glare rather tan the Cali blackout blinds. But if you can be creative and replace the material then I'd guess the rest of the parts are available for such a fitting? Just a thought.

MisterTea said:
Take a look at the top spec caravelles and I think you'll find they have sun blinds for both sliding side doors. They are the black mesh type to reduce glare rather tan the Cali blackout blinds. But if you can be creative and replace the material then I'd guess the rest of the parts are available for such a fitting? Just a thought.

Great idea :thumb

Back