Not open for further replies.
calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Important:
if you are considering coming to the Wicksteed Park meet please can you either PM Calikev or email members@vwcaliforniaclub.com
thank you

________________________________________________________________________________

I am organising a VW California Club meet on May bank holiday 5-7 May 2012 at Wicksteed Park Kettering 
In Northamptonshire.

http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk/camping.aspx

Wicksteedmap.jpg

Wicksteed Park is a family fun park set in 147 acres of unspoilt countryside,it has one of Europe's
Largest free playgrounds there are also larger rides which require you to buy a wristband
The bonus is you can exchange Tesco Clubcard vouchers for this, there is plenty for the kids to do.

There are large picnic area's fishing and boating lake's. The campsite has not got electric hook up but has very new comfy heated toilets and showers. They have agreed all of us can park together and Barbeque's are allowed. Dogs are also also allowed.There are long and short walks around the park even a train ride.  

Wicksteed has something for everyone whether you want to keep the kids entertained all day or just have a nice laid back weekend meeting some new friends. We will also be prepared incase the weather is not kind to and we will have a marquee for us all to sit under.

We have a whole field to ourselves and camping is just £15.00 per night !

If you need anymore information send me a message.

photo_1900.jpg

Please when you book the camping at wicksteeds Park can you mention the vw california club

Please can you let me know if you are coming so I know the numbers 

Many thanks
Calikev.

Re: Midlands Meet - 5-7 May Bank Holiday

Not yet an owner, but certainly doing the research. If this is a goer I will endeavour to get there. I went to the Stamford Hall meet a couple of years ago, with SWMBO, the Boy and the Dog. Very relaxed and I was besotted with the SSVC displays.

Hi mate. Even if you don't find your Cali in time your welcome to come along.
The sales manager for parkway vw is hoping to bring a demonstrator for people to look round
Should be a good weekend.

Thanks Kev. Looking forward to it.
As well as here and the Facebook forum I have been reading up on the french 'Collectif' site.
I have been bouncing between a Caravelle, the Cali and then the Beach was announced too!!! The Cali is where my heart lies.
Luke

I will be in my bongo

Hi Kev,

I will definitely be there with A cali. Open for anyone to have a look round and I'll bring some brochures etc as well.

Stuart

Parkway VW.

Cheers mate be nice to see you

Bongo on ebay so waggons roll
The boys love wicksteed we never see them as soon as we arrive
Only problen when we were there some gals were having a hen night in tents about 25 of them noise until 2am. Surprised they allowed them in

I will start
Calikev is there
Californiaman. Fri Sat only
Andy maybe

Andy is a maybe depending on work & family.

we are there Fri/Sat nights.

I will be at SH - first show for my Cali and would love to cover this for VW camper and commercial unless some other title has beaten me to it!

will see you there then dave .should make some nice pics for your vw mags .all best martin adams .

As per usual we'll be doing SH...

Camping at Wicksteed a good option, been many time, good location and just up the road for where we live.

Rgds

M

I'll be there Sat , daytime then onto SH on Sunday, with A Cali, Transporter done out like a sportline and possibly a caddy sportline copy.

Wicksteed park meet

Just an update on the Wicksteed Park Meet.

It will take place on Sat 5th May--to Mon 7th May. There will be our own roped off section on the rally field very close to the campsite.

If you intend to camp you will need to book directly with wicksteed park. 01536 512475

They have agreed to give us a discounted rate of £15 per night.(please bear in mind there are no electric hook ups)

The camping will be on the rally field.once you have booked they will send you a pass to show on entry.They will then direct you to the Cali area. Please mention the vw California club when booking so you recieve the right pass.

If you are visiting for the day it costs just £6 if you mention on the gate you are here for the meet they will direct you to the right place. More details. At http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk. Any questions please ask

Ps. Please can you email me if you are coming and let me know if you will be camping. It's just so they know how big an area to section off. Many thanks.

kevnicvw12@sky.com

photo_1900.jpg

Re: Wicksteed park meet

I am hoping to make it, I just need to sort a couple of things out with work before I can confirm Kev.
Luke

That would be cool Luke hope you can :thumb

I hope to make it too once the booking is available!

Second attempt to book - a little more successful this time. Young lady at Wickstead knew nothing about the Cali camping and/or discount so it was £20; "we have lots of rallies and thing so you will park together no problem".

Hi mark thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have spoken to jenni this afternoon and she is going to double check that they are aware. The problem is they have a lot of seasonal and temp staff. Like I say she is making the reception aware
And she will refund you the difference. Anybody else booking please mention the Cali club and you should be fine.
I will book mine tomorrow and let everybody know how I get on
Cheers kev

The lovely young lady did have a rather fetching accent. If I get a refund, I will spend it buying us both a beer. :thumb

Refund processed. They are efficent...

I have booked my camping at wicksteed park today no problems they seem aware of the meet now. Just mentioned the club
Just looking forward to may now :thumb :thumb :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.