Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wicksteed park update

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
We are getting very near to this event now, please can you let me know if you are planning to come or even if you are a 'maybe' - thank you

Please note: You can now turn up on the day without booking £15 per night or £6 per day

We have quite a few members on our poll down to attend the Wicksteed park meet. They would like an idea of the numbers
Attending. If you are coming to Wicksteed can you email me so I can add you to the list just let me know your username
And if you are camping or just there for the day.This would really help us plan it properly and Wicksteed to allow us enough room. My email is. kevnicvw12@sky.com

Weather is currently looking dry all weekend :thumb

Below is a list of all people that have confirmed

Last updated 2/5/2012 14.56

Camping

Calikev. Staff
Californiaman
Martin.staff
John. Staff
Gary and heather
Simplydubs
Chris & heidi
Jamespoxton64
Kris & Nichola
Phillip and Janet maul
Andy Russell
Iain and Elaine.
(And brother and his wife)
Steve and Linda. Staff
Luke & family Staff
Stephen & Elizabeth
James & Karen
Steve (tattooz
Couple in a tent

Day visitor. Sat.
Stuart mcg
Mark and Laila

Day visitor. Sun.
Bellers

Commercial
Tim Oldham - Haymarket Network ( VW California Brochures)
Gary - VW Leicester Parkway Group

For full details of this meet please see: http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28

Just an update on the Wicksteed park meet.

I have spoken to Jennie at Wicksteed just for an update regards to the weather.

The rally field is fine as it slopes so good drain off and no mud. If we do get a wet day we are allowed to meet in the bistro where they sell tea and coffee etc.. so that's a bonus. We have a shelter as well if we need to dodge showers and for use in the evening.

We will ensure this meet is enjoyable whatever the weather.

Also if you arrive at Wickstead During opening hours on Saturday or Sunday you are more than welcome to just turn up and camp or stay for the day, but please let us know even if you are just considering at this stage.

Hi I am very keen to attend the Wicksteed park meet can you please answer a couple of questions for me please. Will it be muddy after the rain we have had? Will I be able to bring my dog?
We never go anywhere without each other. I will be travelling from Yorkshire what time on sat will I be able to arrive. Sorry that's 3 questions. I'm sure once I'm there I will have a lot more
Looking forward to meeting all the people on the list.
Thanks
Nicki&ruffles

Hi Nicki,

Yes you can bring dogs, it is actually a very dog friendly site, the only place they are not allowed is the children's playground, obviously they need to be on a lead and cleared up after.

As for mud, we have been speaking with Wicksteed park all week to monitor this and have been assured our field is fully drained with no mud at all, ( if it was waterlogged they would not allowed us to use the field) Kev will also being going down to inspect the field again tomorrow so he will update this thread. As mentioned the weather for the weekend is now dry so we can't see any problems at all. We do also have a few gazebo's just incase.

Finally you are welcome to arrive any time after 12.30.

Any other questions please let us know.

Oh that sounds great Martin thank you.
I always clean up after ruffles and have one of those extendable leads.
See you there ;)

Back