Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Noisy Awning

C

Chris

After a few choice words of encouragement I sent the girlfriend into the rear to locate a rattle, I eventually proved it to be the wind out awning. Getting irritating now.
Next thing to do is work out what is knocking when ever I go over a bump (pot holes around here resemble the lunar surface)
Awning is shut tight.
Has anyone tackled this and come up with a simple solution. My weekend job ;)
Thanks.

Think you'll find a thread on here with lots of posts, I cured my rattle by placing a few lumps of blue tack behind the legs and pressing it in when closing, cures it until the next time you use the awning, but simple enough to do again, huge amount of potholes round here, one rattle cured another starts, nature of the beast. Just spent six weeks in France and roads surfaces are near perfect, no rattles at all

Good luck.

This is a common problem, it is normally resolved by winding it out all the way and then back in tight a few times. I had exactly sake problem when I first got my Cali and it drove me up the wall.

Don't over tighten it when winding it in. I think I've managed to strip the gears on mine. it sounds like it's jumping when I wind it in or out now.

I also noticed today there are a couple of square foam pads stuck inside the casing
I presume these are for sound deadening check you still have them :thumb

Back