Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Noisy awning

Found the source of the noise. Currently sitting under the extended awning and the front arm bracket hinge creaks badly in the wind.

I carefully cut up an old cycle inner tube and glued it to the inside of the outer boxing, where the feet fold up and rest. It took some time to get it perfectly positioned and the result? It still rattled....... grrr! so I have resorted to the hearing aid method some one mentioned earlier :rolleyes:

My beach awning rattled a lot and I could never pin point why. But my newer one is silent. I actually think he whole casing resonates and it depends how far apart the mounting brackets are. But that's my theory

I have had my Beech for two years now, and no matter what I do it is impossible to stop the awning rattle. But over time I have got used to it and hardly notice it now.

Anyone got side bars?? If so check those out.

My awning rattled and I put all sorts of pads on to stop it with no effect and so I just learned to live with it. Then I discovered it's the hinges that creak. I used a special lock lubricant spray, similar to WD40, two months ago and it has been completely silent ever since.

Arghh found the old post and resurrected it.

The awning rattle is between the awning and the bracket on the van at the front. I've loosened it and put a business card to act as a shim and it cut about 70% of the noise out. The card is now well and truely knackered so the rattle is returning. Needs a plastic / isolating shim of some sort

Arghh found the old post and resurrected it.

The awning rattle is between the awning and the bracket on the van at the front. I've loosened it and put a business card to act as a shim and it cut about 70% of the noise out. The card is now well and truely knackered so the rattle is returning. Needs a plastic / isolating shim of some sort
Had the same issue took it to a Thule dealer he immediately new the problem installed x3 pieces of clear M3 vinyl or similar from Thule positioned each end and middle.

Next time out problem solved.

The original awning didn’t rattle at all. Had it replaced and the new one rattled.Cured it by putting Felt dots on the arms that extend to the floor to stop metal to metal contact. Easy cure and it does work.