Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Noisy flapping awning cover

Detritus

Detritus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
hi,

My t6 beach is now a year old and is generally great - one of the things that annoys me though is the awning cover. No matter what I do when I wind it in it quickly becomes loose and makes a racket whenever I go over any bumps - it's very noisy to the point that you get people looking to see what old banger is making that racket! If I stop and wind it out by 50cm then wind it back in then it stops - but only for a very short while. Surely this can't be normal or intended? It's very frustrating to have such a lovely vehicle and have it sound like and old banger!

Thanks.

Jez

hi,

My t6 beach is now a year old and is generally great - one of the things that annoys me though is the awning cover. No matter what I do when I wind it in it quickly becomes loose and makes a racket whenever I go over any bumps - it's very noisy to the point that you get people looking to see what old banger is making that racket! If I stop and wind it out by 50cm then wind it back in then it stops - but only for a very short while. Surely this can't be normal or intended? It's very frustrating to have such a lovely vehicle and have it sound like and old banger!

Thanks.

Jez
Warranty Claim. Don't put up with it.

Agree - assuming that you're putting it away correctly - then it shouldn't be clattering about on a nearly new van. I have velcro straps around my cassette for literal 'belt & braces', but without them I can't prise open the cassette with my fingers once wound closed.

The only thing I can think of is the legs being shortened & pushed in that last bit to seat properly?, but otherwise it's quite binary whether it's open or closed.

Take it back for them to look at.

Last edited:
hi,

Thanks.

Jez
Same on my T6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk