Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norway is shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
well. looks like i'm not going. the bunch of over reacting c#nts
Tell that to Italians, when in some cases they have to live with dead relatives' bodies for days. And most of course can't even organize a proper burial.

Morroco is now closed its borders and flights. My mate was off with a tour at the end of the month so that's off now till at least November at the earliest now.
We were going to Canada in June but our Alaskan cruise bit has just been cancelled. :( That's twice now. (had to postpone last year due to Mrs Loz's operation and unscheduled heart attack)

I think I read that Czechia was allowing truck drivers through and that Denmark was allowing foreigners through on a “case by case” basis.
We getting seriously shut.
All citizens prohibited to leave the country. All shops (except groceries yet), restaurants, theaters museums closed down. Only logistics traffic allowed.
We had to be in Italy these 2 weeks and had to be in Norway in 3 weeks. I am afraid this might be for long.
In any case, this virus is a joke issue compared to an upcoming economic crisis (in the best case) or might even be a collapse.
It had to start this year and this "black swan" will speed things up.

No it doesn't. Nor does it include High Dependency beds, Coronary Care Beds or Theatre Recovery Beds, all beds with higher levels of equipment, staff and capability compared with general wards.
BUT, on the Continent and in the States All these bed types are counted as Critical Care or " Intensive Care Beds ". Not so in the UK.

When planning for the H1N1 epidemic at the hospital where I worked we had contingency plans to go from 8 ICU beds to 20 fully ventilated beds and could have gone to 26 at a stretch. Fortunately we only expanded to 12 for about a week.
I assume ventilated beds are those with piped oxygen, so they could be augmented with portable cylinders and “normal” beds?

Further detail on the shutdown of Norway.

So long as people have not left the Nordic countries (I'm assuming this to be Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and territorial islands including Greenland) since 27 February will be free to enter Norway. However, anyone who has been outside of the Nordic countries on entering Norway will need to home quarantine themselves for 14 days. Bars and restaurants will close unless they can keep people at least 1m apart, shops and pharmacies will remain open.

My parents, aunt and uncle entered Norway on 6 March. I'm unsure if the restriction for quarantine will include those already in Norway, but if it does, they have no means to "home quarantine". Perhaps they will be restricted to the ship - I hope for their sakes it doesn't mean they will be restricted to their room on the ship!

Just found this:

Hurtigruten and Fjord Line exempted
The blanket ban [on cruise liners disembarking passengers at Bergen, Stavanger] does not apply to Norway’s Hurtigruten coastal ferry nor the Fjord Line ferry service to Denmark, as both services start and end their service in Bergen.
The press release states that passengers for both services will be allowed to embark and disembark in Bergen, but “will have to adhere to the decisions made to limit infection in Bergen.”

And now this:

Arrivals face quarantine
In what was the most surprising announcement of the day, the Prime Minister also revealed that anyone arriving in the country from outside the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden) will face a mandatory 14-day home quarantine. This applies to anyone arriving in Norway since February 27, a rule that has instantly placed thousands of Norwegians in home quarantine.

So I expect they are confined to their cabins. There will be Nordic passengers on the ferry with no requirement for quarantine, and they will now need to be kept separate from passengers who have been outside the Nordic countries since 27 February.

Or perhaps they will be removed from the ship and placed in a hotel or even repatriated.
What if you are a tousist and arrive by car, how do you home quarantine yourself?

What if you are a tousist and arrive by car, how do you home quarantine yourself?
That’s what I’m wondering too. I can’t leave Scandinavia to drive home, and some countries like Spain are now banning people from leaving their homes at all except to get food. If that happens here I have a problem, as the Cali is my home...

That’s what I’m wondering too. I can’t leave Scandinavia to drive home, and some countries like Spain are now banning people from leaving their homes at all except to get food. If that happens here I have a problem, as the Cali is my home...

Have you tried calling the authorities in Denmark? They might let you pass through their country.

Have you tried calling the authorities in Denmark? They might let you pass through their country.
Who would I call? I’ve tried looking online and it just says the border is closed unless you can prove a credible purpose for entering. It doesn’t say what they might be.
Also I’m near Helsinki now, so it would be either a massive drive back up through the arctic circle and down again, or a long ferry ride to get in to Sweden.
As things are changing so fast I’m not sure if more borders on the way back would be shut.
There are worse places I could be stuck...

I assume ventilated beds are those with piped oxygen, so they could be augmented with portable cylinders and “normal” beds?
Most hospitals have been upgraded to some extent. The hospital I worked at, opened in 1999. Every ward bed, on the general wards had an oxygen supply. Basically if there was a bed it had piped oxygen. Our older hospital had used large oxygen cylinders when needed, a logistical and Safety nightmare.

Morroco is now closed its borders and flights. My mate was off with a tour at the end of the month so that's off now till at least November at the earliest now.
We were going to Canada in June but our Alaskan cruise bit has just been cancelled. :( That's twice now. (had to postpone last year due to Mrs Loz's operation and unscheduled heart attack)
yes. its a bummer. and no sympathy from all the mr seriousness on here eh going on about bodies piled up in the living room. we're heading to the lakes now instead and awaiting a refund. strange how flights are still leaving the airports though isn't it ? if you google live departures they are still flying to spain etc

If the roads across Europe are now closed, what’s going to happen to deliveries of essential supplies, like food?
The roads in Europe are not closed and won't be closed. The state of emergency (which will also be implemented in the British Isles) simply requires people to stay home and not spread the virus-or be infected by others-by non-essential travel or gatherings. Deliveries will continue and commerce other than hospitality will continue. Most work that can be done online will be done online only.

yes. its a bummer. and no sympathy from all the mr seriousness on here eh going on about bodies piled up in the living room. we're heading to the lakes now instead and awaiting a refund. strange how flights are still leaving the airports though isn't it ? if you google live departures they are still flying to spain etc

Give it a rest if the worst happens here we could end up losing four members of our family who are at high risk.....

The roads in Europe are not closed and won't be closed. The state of emergency (which will also be implemented in the British Isles) simply requires people to stay home and not spread the virus-or be infected by others-by non-essential travel or gatherings. Deliveries will continue and commerce other than hospitality will continue. Most work that can be done online will be done online only.
Many borders in Europe are now closed to foreigners, including roads. If everyone in these countries is no longer able to leave their country, and foreigners cannot enter, and people are required to stay in their homes who is manufacturing and delivering the food?

Flights to Spain are being turned around mid-air because they will not be allowed to land.
On Thursday I returned from a week trekking in the Atlas mountains in Morocco. Lucky, because on Friday Morocco canceled all flights to/from Spain. When we arrived on 4/3 we had to fill out a form at the airport with questions about travel to China, but when we returned to Marrakesh last Tuesday we saw no sign of any protective measures, in a city where people from all over the world throng to the market place. We took a cooking class with a couple from Guatemala and another from Croatia.
I'm back in Barcelona, where the entire population has been told to stay at home, with one person per household authorized to shop for food.

Many borders in Europe are now closed to foreigners, including roads. If everyone in these countries is no longer able to leave their country, and foreigners cannot enter, and people are required to stay in their homes who is manufacturing and delivering the food?
All essential commercial activity will continue, including transportation and deliveries. The roads are not closed. Non-essential travel on roads is prohibited. People are required to stay home unless they have an essential need to go out, such as for the acquisition of food or medicine.

It’s getting very difficult to work out how different the various strategies are.
Yes some countries are in lockdown while we continue with the easy as she goes gradual approach which to me makes a great deal of sense.
Each country and even region has different problems as a result of being at a different point and having different levels of healthcare.
I can see the logic in countries where there services are being overwhelmed going for lockdown as Italy did in the North but question what will happen in regions where they are still coping but have gone for a lockdown approach.
Spain it appears is in crisis now and it may make sense to lockdown for 15 days to get matters back in control.

What I’m trying to say is that although tactics appear very different, they quite probably are not and I can’t see it helping to work against what our experts are trying to do.

Stick together and help your immediate neighbours seems the best plan to me.

Good luck to everyone stuck abroad with getting home.

I’ve panic bought paint so I can get my hall stairs and landing done. Might as well get something positive done out of it.

Mike

Last edited:
Who are you?? Go away !!

Denmark, Slovakia and Poland have closed their borders now too. Being in Finland I’m now cut off from the U.K. by road.

Hope you manage to either get back or continue your holiday ok.

It’s getting very difficult to work out how different the various strategies are.
Yes some countries are in lockdown while we continue with the easy as she goes gradual approach which to me makes a great deal of sense.
Each country and even region has different problems as a result of being at a different point and having different levels of healthcare.
I can see the logic in countries where there services are being overwhelmed going for lockdown as Italy did in the North but question what will happen in regions where they are still coping but have gone for a lockdown approach.
Spain it appears is in crisis now and it may make sense to lockdown for 15 days to get matters back in control.

What I’m trying to say is that although tactics appear very different, they quite probably are not and I can’t see it helping to work against what our experts are trying to do.

Stick together and help your immediate neighbours seems the best plan to me.

Good luck to everyone stuck abroad with getting home.

I’ve panic bought paint so I can get my hall stairs and landing done. Might as well get something positive done out of it.

Mike
I watched in amazement as thousands of madrileños descended upon Liverpool to support their team last week in the Champions League game.
Madrid is a European hot-spot for the Covid-19 virus and Spain will be locked down as of Monday 08:00.
There is no sense in locking the barn door after all the animals have escaped.
The fact that the UK government allowed the game in Liverpool to be played before a live audience including thousands from Madrid was the height of folly.
In a week or so, you will see the UK implement a state of emergency, just like in Spain.
Alas, the animals have already escaped from the barn...

I just got this message from a friend who is a psychologist. You can use Google translate, but be prepared. I hope for all your sakes that the path the UK is taking is the right one.

Chicos!
No salir de casa, plis.
Estoy en el programa de apoyo a las víctimas y es brutal
He hecho teleconferencia con los padres de un niño ocologico de 2 años y me he quedado roto
Ni siquiera pueden volver a casa con el cuerpo

I watched in amazement as thousands of madrileños descended upon Liverpool to support their team last week in the Champions League game.
Madrid is a European hot-spot for the Covid-19 virus and Spain will be locked down as of Monday 08:00.
There is no sense in locking the barn door after all the animals have escaped.
The fact that the UK government allowed the game in Liverpool to be played before a live audience including thousands from Madrid was the height of folly.
In a week or so, you will see the UK implement a state of emergency, just like in Spain.
Alas, the animals have already escaped from the barn...
Very much doubt it.

I'm sorry Clarinetbcn, but what you are doing is just downright fear mongering. Some weird message from someone nobody knows, without any context whatsoever and that you want people to translate using a translate-app, which at best will give a very mediocre translation. What are you selling? Toilet paper?

People should stick to official communication from offical, knowledgeable institutions. No-one is served by these kind of panicky posts imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back