Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Now ordered

IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Afternoon All,

Order placed with local dealer for Ocean 199 4M in Fortana Red this morning.

Options ordered:
Devonport 17" Wheels with all weather tyres
Wooden floor with plastic lining
Bed extension with mattress
Art Velour seats
Upgrade to Discover Media Pro
Storage net and second drawer in bench
Larger fuel tank
4 keys

Awaiting confirmation of delivery date, but dealer anticipates build mid November with deliver around mid December.

Now to get sourcing all the bits and pieces that we need.

We can't wait !

IainB

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 21.07.54.png

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 21.08.43.png

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 21.09.50.png

Last edited:
CaliBaba

CaliBaba

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Nice one! There are so many additional bits to add to get your Ocean just the way you like it, so lots of fun there as well.

M

Mchgreen

Vehicle
T5 HighTop
Congratulations, great decision , lots of adventures ahead!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AlisonF

AlisonF

Staff member
forum co ordinator
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Good spec. Did you order locally? I ordered a Kombi recently and delivery times seem quite a bit later than what I was advised when ordering.

IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Good spec. Did you order locally? I ordered a Kombi recently and delivery times seem quite a bit later than what I was advised when ordering.
Ordered from Clark Commercials. They have an allocation for the year, so hope to have it before xmas.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Staff member
forum co ordinator
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Ordered from Clark Commercials. They have an allocation for the year, so hope to have it before xmas.
Me too! What I was quoted on ordering would have had delivery between mid Oct and mid Nov, but only have a provisional build week for early November... hope I get it before Xmas (20, not 21!)

D

dctrl

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Mainland europe: order a self-configured california today, receive it end 2021...
I don't know how such a fast delivery time is possible in UK?

calibusje

calibusje

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Afternoon All,

Order placed with local dealer for Ocean 199 4M in Fortana Red this morning.

Options ordered:
Devonport 17" Wheels with all weather tyres
Wooden floor with plastic lining
Bed extension with mattress
Art Velour seats
Upgrade to Discover Media Pro
Storage net and second drawer in bench
Larger fuel tank
4 keys

Awaiting confirmation of delivery date, but dealer anticipates build mid November with deliver around mid December.

Now to get sourcing all the bits and pieces that we need.

We can't wait !

IainB

View attachment 66644

View attachment 66645

View attachment 66646
very nice Cali! but this is not waiting, this is super fast almost direct delivery :D

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Mainland europe: order a self-configured california today, receive it end 2021...
More profit for VW on more expensive GB Calis, so they prioritise?

IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
very nice Cali! but this is not waiting, this is super fast almost direct delivery :D
It would appear our dealer was being very optimistic and didn't consider the impact of RDE2 or the late surge in orders in September, delivery now is unlikely to happen until March / April next year, but it will be RDE2 compliant.

T

testpilottimmy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
It would appear our dealer was being very optimistic and didn't consider the impact of RDE2 or the late surge in orders in September, delivery now is unlikely to happen until March / April next year, but it will be RDE2 compliant.
You’re not the only one in this position. I think the guys on VW chat are getting bored of us asking for expected build weeks for our vans !

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Brexit deadline means VW is prioritising maybe?

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Nice for free! Doesn’t change your road tax but I paid £800 for the RDE2 compliance (stupidly ordered 8 Oct...just in time!)

IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Nice for free! Doesn’t change your road tax but I paid £800 for the RDE2 compliance (stupidly ordered 8 Oct...just in time!)
I wasn't made aware that pricing was changing from October when I ordered, neither was I made aware of the RDE issue. Feel sorry for those that are having to swallow the cost increase which is quite unreasonable given the big increase that had already been applied to the Cali 6.1 range (although you get more standard kit for your money).

N

NIB 2000

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Thats excellent. We also ordered from Clark Commercials on 2Sep with a provisional build date of 25Jan2021! Its for a 150 though. Exciting times, something else to think about rather than covid

IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Thats excellent. We also ordered from Clark Commercials on 2Sep with a provisional build date of 25Jan2021! Its for a 150 though. Exciting times, something else to think about rather than covid
We had a delivery date of 14th Dec, but VW have said there is no build date for us as yet, indicating that we could have to wait until March/April next year because of the RDE2 impacts. No update from the dealer yet though.

Daytona1977

Daytona1977

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Just had a phone call from our dealer Today. We ordered around similar time to yourself. He said he is expecting to see the vehicle end of Feb. That's with all the RDE2 compliance issues etc. Hope that helps.

VW California Club