Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Now ordered

IainB

IainB

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Afternoon All,

Order placed with local dealer for Ocean 199 4M in Fortana Red this morning.

Options ordered:
Devonport 17" Wheels with all weather tyres
Wooden floor with plastic lining
Bed extension with mattress
Art Velour seats
Upgrade to Discover Media Pro
Storage net and second drawer in bench
Larger fuel tank
4 keys

Awaiting confirmation of delivery date, but dealer anticipates build mid November with deliver around mid December.

Now to get sourcing all the bits and pieces that we need.

We can't wait !

IainB

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 21.07.54.png

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 21.08.43.png

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 21.09.50.png

Last edited:
Congratulations. Thats a pretty quick build time too

Nice one! There are so many additional bits to add to get your Ocean just the way you like it, so lots of fun there as well.

Congratulations, great decision , lots of adventures ahead!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Good spec. Did you order locally? I ordered a Kombi recently and delivery times seem quite a bit later than what I was advised when ordering.

Ordered from Clark Commercials. They have an allocation for the year, so hope to have it before xmas.
Me too! What I was quoted on ordering would have had delivery between mid Oct and mid Nov, but only have a provisional build week for early November... hope I get it before Xmas (20, not 21!)

Mainland europe: order a self-configured california today, receive it end 2021...
I don't know how such a fast delivery time is possible in UK?

Afternoon All,

Order placed with local dealer for Ocean 199 4M in Fortana Red this morning.

Options ordered:
Devonport 17" Wheels with all weather tyres
Wooden floor with plastic lining
Bed extension with mattress
Art Velour seats
Upgrade to Discover Media Pro
Storage net and second drawer in bench
Larger fuel tank
4 keys

Awaiting confirmation of delivery date, but dealer anticipates build mid November with deliver around mid December.

Now to get sourcing all the bits and pieces that we need.

We can't wait !

IainB

View attachment 66644

View attachment 66645

View attachment 66646
very nice Cali! but this is not waiting, this is super fast almost direct delivery :D

Mainland europe: order a self-configured california today, receive it end 2021...
More profit for VW on more expensive GB Calis, so they prioritise?

very nice Cali! but this is not waiting, this is super fast almost direct delivery :D
It would appear our dealer was being very optimistic and didn't consider the impact of RDE2 or the late surge in orders in September, delivery now is unlikely to happen until March / April next year, but it will be RDE2 compliant.

It would appear our dealer was being very optimistic and didn't consider the impact of RDE2 or the late surge in orders in September, delivery now is unlikely to happen until March / April next year, but it will be RDE2 compliant.
You’re not the only one in this position. I think the guys on VW chat are getting bored of us asking for expected build weeks for our vans !

Brexit deadline means VW is prioritising maybe?

Nice for free! Doesn’t change your road tax but I paid £800 for the RDE2 compliance (stupidly ordered 8 Oct...just in time!)

Nice for free! Doesn’t change your road tax but I paid £800 for the RDE2 compliance (stupidly ordered 8 Oct...just in time!)
I wasn't made aware that pricing was changing from October when I ordered, neither was I made aware of the RDE issue. Feel sorry for those that are having to swallow the cost increase which is quite unreasonable given the big increase that had already been applied to the Cali 6.1 range (although you get more standard kit for your money).

Ordered from Clark Commercials. They have an allocation for the year, so hope to have it before xmas.
Thats excellent. We also ordered from Clark Commercials on 2Sep with a provisional build date of 25Jan2021! Its for a 150 though. Exciting times, something else to think about rather than covid

Thats excellent. We also ordered from Clark Commercials on 2Sep with a provisional build date of 25Jan2021! Its for a 150 though. Exciting times, something else to think about rather than covid
We had a delivery date of 14th Dec, but VW have said there is no build date for us as yet, indicating that we could have to wait until March/April next year because of the RDE2 impacts. No update from the dealer yet though.

Just had a phone call from our dealer Today. We ordered around similar time to yourself. He said he is expecting to see the vehicle end of Feb. That's with all the RDE2 compliance issues etc. Hope that helps.

Just had a phone call from our dealer Today. We ordered around similar time to yourself. He said he is expecting to see the vehicle end of Feb. That's with all the RDE2 compliance issues etc. Hope that helps.
That's surprising given that they have been telling us all that the 199/204 is not going to be built until week 6 at the earliest!? I hope your dealer is correct though! Which dealer was it?

That's surprising given that they have been telling us all that the 199/204 is not going to be built until week 6 at the earliest!? I hope your dealer is correct though! Which dealer was it?
It was Liverpool Van Centre. They are claiming that the build notification dates are all over the place due to the RDE issue. They are a large retailer and seem to be quite accurate with their info. I too have yet to receive a build date but my retailer said that wasn’t uncommon. It does not mean it won’t have been assigned a build date, just not published yet to notify the consumers.

We would be happy with an end Feb delivery, but still awaiting a build date.
See above Ian, I was of the same assumption. The dealer claimed that they would be coming through quicker than expected and his viewpoint was we will see ours end of Feb. Time will tell obviously. Fingers crossed he’s right.