Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My Beach is on it's way..!

M

maui2512

Guest User
So, my new Beach has completed build ahead of schedule, and is now awaiting shipping. It should be in Guildford in 3 weeks time and I might be able to take delivery mid-November! :D

I had been holding out to register it in January (as I was expecting it to be delivered in mid/late-December) but now rather tempted to just go for it and pick her up early. Everything seems to be going wrong in my XC90 at the moment...bits of plastic falling off, seat belt getting stuck, needs a new gearbox soon, 2 rear tyres need replacing (£300+)...so I think I might be best to cut my losses and get rid of it and pick up my Beach early!

So far I'm gathering a little pile of bits and pieces: a whistling kettle (although I don't yet have a camping stove - just saw it at the NEC and liked it), a kador strip (although the awning hasn't arrived yet), etc, and writing up a bit of a Christmas list for all the other bits and pieces (camping stove, new sleeping bags for the kids, doormat, seat covers, the list goes on)!
Jane

Exciting times Jane!!... I've noticed the latest California's in my local dealership are now fitted with Winter Tyres as standard... so get it early and make use of them!! :D

Good times Jane...... and its fun buying all the extra bits........ :cool

If you are buying any of the Coleman camping gear on Amazon it may be cheaper to get it from the States at Amazon.com. I bought my stove from there and most of the Dual Fuel equipment is cheaper and in some cases a better spec. You can put it in your basket and do most of the checkout to see how much P&P and import tax you will pay without finally checking out.

I bought one of these for cooking - it is more powerful than the ones sold in UK. I have had a single burner stove for years and it works really well and Coleman have good spares support. Some people are put off because it is petrol powered and they prefer gas. There again there are plenty of petrol heads around. :smile
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006I56J/ The dual fuel lantern looks a good deal. There again with children some of the LED strip lights may be better / safer.

If you are looking for a fridge have a look Redredzimmer's and my posts under 'Beach Fridge' as there are different solutions depending on whether you have 2 or 3 seat bench, or want to access it on the move.

Andy

great, thanks for all the info! looks like exciting (and expensive) times ahead.
My Khyam Motordome awning arrived today too...the shed is starting to fill up again having just got rid of all the baby stuff!