Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OBD app. Are they any good?

S

Steve Hoops Hooper

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Me again.
Does anyone know if the OBD apps that you use on your phone are worth having? I've seen some that stay plugged in and you can control various stuff.
Fancy a new gadget but want to know if anyone is using one and how good are they.

I use a Carista (obd dongle and app). I pay £33.99 per year for their Pro level use which you can check on their website. Many on here just pay when they need it as you can cancel and rejoin monthly (1st month free).
I’ve used mine countless times to diagnose and reset fault codes (I’ve got an ongoing issue when we spin passenger seat with airbag light). We have a number of VW group vehicles in the family (and street) that have all benefitted.
not sure if Carista is the best but it works for me.

I use a Carista (obd dongle and app). I pay £33.99 per year for their Pro level use which you can check on their website. Many on here just pay when they need it as you can cancel and rejoin monthly (1st month free).
I’ve used mine countless times to diagnose and reset fault codes (I’ve got an ongoing issue when we spin passenger seat with airbag light). We have a number of VW group vehicles in the family (and street) that have all benefitted.
not sure if Carista is the best but it works for me.
Ditto for me.

+1 for Carista. Used to tweak the settings I wanted and never touched since.

I use the Carista with carscanner app. The one that’s free does everything I want for the time being but for only £6.99 you can get a lifetime membership and it will do everything the Carista app will do but for a fraction of the price.

Back