T6 Bulb Kit

• Thread starter California Dreamin
  • Start date
California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Does anyone know the list of sensible-to-have bulbs for the T6 as I wasn't to make a simple kit up before our firt trip to France in our new Cali. Plenty of T5 threads on the subject but not sure what's different, if anything, on the T6. My experience of kits is that they are generic (even the manufacturer ones) and one therefore end up paying top dollar for a nice box that has stuff you don't need. I don't have anything fancy like xenons, we gave that lark up when we sold the XC90.

I'll give this one a bump as looking to do the same but for a T6 with LED lights. Can't find anything on the WWW

Mike

Vw don't even tell you in the handbook which type of bulb goes where, it suggest you go to a dealer.

Vw don't even tell you in the handbook which type of bulb goes where, it suggest you go to a dealer.
Yep. Just got there RTFM
eff8306b846031a6cd53fb4988fef923.jpg

I'll make a list if the ones I can change

For a T6 with LED lights the manual tells me the following:-

LED Headlights
Turn Signal Bulb H21W

Fog Light H11

LED Tail Light Cluster
Turn Signal Bulb WY16W
Reversing Light Bulb W16W

If I'm wrong please let me know as I haven't yet taken bits off to have a look.

Mike

Last edited:
Yep. Just got there RTFM

LED Headlights
Turn Signal Bulb H21W

Fog Light H11

LED Tail Light Cluster
Turn Signal Bulb WY16W

Mike

That kind of info wasn't in the 2014 Cali handbook or in the Polo book.

Yep. Just got there RTFM

LED Headlights
Turn Signal Bulb H21W

Fog Light H11

LED Tail Light Cluster
Turn Signal Bulb WY16W

Mike

Those look correct to me, I know I replaced my reversing with a LED equivalent to W16W.

..me..

Yep. Just got there RTFM

LED Headlights
Turn Signal Bulb H21W

Fog Light H11

LED Tail Light Cluster
Turn Signal Bulb WY16W

Mike

Attachments

• T6-Lights.pdf
    125.5 KB · Views: 205
Thanks Loz that is a good document. Same as above so I can go shopping now.

Mike

Thanks Loz that is a good document. Same as above so I can go shopping now.

Mike

Somehow I should have known it wouldn't be that simple. I think I'll wait for a nice day and have a look at what's actually fitted as i would prefer to replace like with like. Seems to be a fairly wide selection out there and varying quality. At least it will only be 4 bulbs and not just a useless bulb kit to satisfy the Gendarmes.

Mike

Somehow I should have known it wouldn't be that simple. I think I'll wait for a nice day and have a look at what's actually fitted as i would prefer to replace like with like. Seems to be a fairly wide selection out there and varying quality. At least it will only be 4 bulbs and not just a useless bulb kit to satisfy the Gendarmes.

Mike
Just have to convince them you cannot carry Spare LED bulbs.:thumb

Yep. Just after I've convinced them I don't need beam deflectors.

Think I've worked it now. I only need three spares as I won't bother with the fog spare.

Will get the LED version of all three and replace the reversing lights anyway as per previous thread (I just found) on the issue. Sorted

Mike

Yep. Just after I've convinced them I don't need beam deflectors.

Think I've worked it now. I only need three spares as I won't bother with the fog spare.

Will get the LED version of all three and replace the reversing lights anyway as per previous thread (I just found) on the issue. Sorted

Mike
but you will still need to carry the useless dummy kit to save you having to have the LED conversation.

Yep. Just got there RTFM

LED Headlights
Turn Signal Bulb H21W

Fog Light H11

LED Tail Light Cluster
Turn Signal Bulb WY16W

Mike

Have you confirmed these no Mike? Being a bit lazy but as you've got the same lighting set-up as me .........

but you will still need to carry the useless dummy kit to save you having to have the LED conversation.

As my French is .... well non existent I have made up a note.

This vehicle has LED lights which have been adjusted in the computer software to deflect them so that they are lawful in France.

Ce véhicule a des lumières LED qui ont été ajustés dans le logiciel informatique pour les détourner afin qu'ils soient licites en France.

Mike

Have you confirmed these no Mike? Being a bit lazy but as you've got the same lighting set-up as me .........
Hi DM. No but I'm happy enough now.

I've ordered

Front Turn Signal for LED Headlights H21W
RearTurn Signal WY16W

I'll fit the reversing lights as I believe they are brighter than originals and keep the old ones and others as spares.

Didn't bother with the spare fog light.

Mike

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
Does anyone know the legal stance regarding carrying a spare LED headlight on the continent? I read here that they need an expert to change and I daresay if they were available I bet they are very expensive.
I'd be interested to hear from any of our continental members as to what they do.

Does anyone know the legal stance regarding carrying a spare LED headlight on the continent? I read here that they need an expert to change and I daresay if they were available I bet they are very expensive.
I'd be interested to hear from any of our continental members as to what they do.
I suspect that this is a case of technology moving faster than the law, as the law is there for the sensible purpose of safety I suspect the implementation of it is done for financial reasons. As I do not believe they will change the law to distinguish vehicles with LED I therefore now have some bulbs to show the Gendarme if stopped. If he is bright enough to know that none of them are replacements for the LED lights then hopefully he will be bright enough to know it would be pointless for me to be carrying them.

Mike

I am right in thinking that the Ocean uses H7 headlights and LED tail lights?

@Loz post number 9 contains PDF with the various combinations depending on options chosen for the Ocean.

Mike
Mike, thanks

...but I didn't take any options...I just had std fitment and its not possible to determin what that is for the Ocean from the pdf - or am I being a bit....well, dim (no pun intended!)?

Mike, thanks

...but I didn't take any options...I just had std fitment and its not possible to determin what that is for the Ocean from the pdf - or am I being a bit....well, dim (no pun intended!)?
I reckon you've got the H7 then and the vehicles with tailgate rear lights.

Mike

I reckon you've got the H7 then and the vehicles with tailgate rear lights.

Mike
Mike, we'll get there (together)! You are right about H7 headlights. I have just been looking all over the place and found that the Ocean has "Twin" headlights. This is not possible with H4 option. Tail lights? I think these must be LED. Why? Well the July 16 brochure (I ordered my Cali in August) says the Beach has LED rear lights as Std equipment and on the following page the brochure lists all the additional items the Ocean has over the Beach - ego the Ocean must has LED rear lights.

Thx again for help. JW

Mike, we'll get there (together)! You are right about H7 headlights. I have just been looking all over the place and found that the Ocean has "Twin" headlights. This is not possible with H4 option. Tail lights? I think these must be LED. Why? Well the July 16 brochure (I ordered my Cali in August) says the Beach has LED rear lights as Std equipment and on the following page the brochure lists all the additional items the Ocean has over the Beach - ego the Ocean must has LED rear lights.

Thx again for help. JW
Excellent. As I've got the LED option I know I've got front and rear. Hopefully you have the rears then.

A picture should show if they are the same.

Mike

Back