Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean bench seat - Can it be lifted up to access the drawer contents ?

Grumposaur68

Grumposaur68

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Can the Ocean bench seat be lifted up to access the drawer contents? It has hinges at the front.

No, not as far as I know... When I fitted my seat covers, there are webbing straps which only allow the rear section of the base to lift up about 4-6", hinging at the front edge. Would be handy...

No, not as far as I know... When I fitted my seat covers, there are webbing straps which only allow the rear section of the base to lift up about 4-6", hinging at the front edge. Would be handy...
Hi MartG :)
Yep noticed it lifted a little but didn't want to force it. Wonder why the hinges then?

Hi MartG :)
Yep noticed it lifted a little but didn't want to force it. Wonder why the hinges then?
I think it's to allow the squab to lift flat when it goes to bed mode. They may have restricted it for safety reasons to avoid the drawer contents from flying out in a crash?

Cheers :thumb

I had an issue with the seat so wanted to lift the seat base. I disconnected the strap which prevents it from raising and was surprised to find the hinges at the front still wouldn’t let the seat open much more, annoyingly.
So, as far as accessing the draw from above then in my experience, It’s a no from me

Back