Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OEM brakes

If you said to most people 'would you like cheap brakes?' most people would say 'No'.

But people seem to regularly by cheap tyres. I always find that odd.
Who mentioned cheap brakes ?

quality parts at unusually cheap prices ! Not Chinese rubbish.
Don’t muck about with brakes, get a well renowned make at the cheapest possible price . full set of Padgid brake pads and Discs under £200 thats a cheap price , not quality !

If you said to most people 'would you like cheap brakes?' most people would say 'No'.

But people seem to regularly by cheap tyres. I always find that odd.
I suggest you read your own thread !

What are the preferred replacement brake kits for a California? Brembo or best to stick with Volkswagen fitted?
I put these on my T6 recently, full kit.
DIY would need the tool to wind caliper piston back.

Oh the irony. Keen to have good kit and then buy on eBay………….known for never selling fake merch :rolleyes:

If you want to save a few Bob then fit them yourself. There's nothing difficult about the process. Providing you have a decent jack, some HD axle stands and a decent tool set, you'll be fine. Spend some of the money you have saved on premium oem parts and the correct tools and you'll still be in pocket.

If you haven't a clue what to do then ask YouTube. There's loads of videos detailing how to replace both front and rear brakes on T5 and T6 vehicles. It's so easy why pay either VW or and independent your hard earned?

Also try Halfords, from time to time they have unbelievable deals on

Guess who supplies Halford with their motor Parts ?

you guessed it Euro car parts .
I also bought from halfords and were cheaper than euro car parts even though they were supplied by them!still waiting to fit as my cali now done 40k and rears 70% front only 50% worn. Still original pads!

If you want to save a few Bob then fit them yourself. There's nothing difficult about the process. Providing you have a decent jack, some HD axle stands and a decent tool set, you'll be fine. Spend some of the money you have saved on premium oem parts and the correct tools and you'll still be in pocket.

If you haven't a clue what to do then ask YouTube. There's loads of videos detailing how to replace both front and rear brakes on T5 and T6 vehicles. It's so easy why pay either VW or and independent your hard earned?
I used you tube for a guide on what's needed regarding tools and process of actually doing the job.

Saves going in blind.

Took a few attempts to find a good You Tube video, as is the case with finding any YT video info.

I also bought from halfords and were cheaper than euro car parts even though they were supplied by them!still waiting to fit as my cali now done 40k and rears 70% front only 50% worn. Still original pads!
They do free delivery on orders over £20.
Order this week came within 48hrs by DPD.
Currently Motoring has 10% off for over £30 purchases.

I used the large brembo discs but they warped after 6 months. Switched to ferodo and perfect after a year. Why they warped I have no idea, no excessive braking etc.

Friends had a similar experience.

I used the large brembo discs but they warped after 6 months. Switched to ferodo and perfect after a year. Why they warped I have no idea, no excessive braking etc.

Friends had a similar experience.
I also warped some brembos on my bmw also in about 6 month. I'll give them a miss next time

T6 and already having to change the pads and disks?
I own my T5.2 from may 2010. I have driven 194000 km. At 130000km I had to change my rear pads because they were worn to the end on the inside, and still half at the outside.
Front pads and disks are still factory ones.
And I have been to Switzerland 3x. Route Napoléon 3x. Mont Ventoux 3x. And it's my daily driver.

OT.
I changed my rear pads by Ferrodo ones. Less than half the VW pads. Still over half of their life left for now. (Photo from 2020)IMG_20200519_124606.jpg

Front pads: (also from 2020)
IMG_20200504_122715.jpg
Just the regular 16" brakes.

If they are worn, I will replace them by maybe ATE or TRW. Factory brakes are often those two brands. And if they are worn, it will be discs and pads. But for now I am still waiting for the indication light to go on.

Had brembo discs warp after about 6 months and friends had similar experiences , will avoid in future.

I swapped to ferodo discs and I have blueprint pads. I sold the van now but I was very happy with the ferodo discs

I use EBC discs and yellow stuff pads.
Perfect combo.
Not yet done on the Cali

Worth having a read about "warping" disc....as someone who rides XC / DH and motorbikes*... and constructs buildings* its not something I've experienced and or know anyone else who's had it....however my late Father, who was an old school mechanic, and would shout warped disc at every opportunity.

*Thickness of disc / structural ability of materials

I had pulsating discs on an Landrover I bought, they were not warped. I proved to my Father, once I swapped them out as the braking performance was poor. Once this was noted he told me to put them back on as they were "fine" or keep them as a spare.....FFS

I've just replaced all my discs and pads with Brembo from Euro Car Parts, fine so far but I'd be equally happy with fitting Pagid or one of the other decent makes.

I've not had these fitted long enough to have any issues but when I've had issues on other cars it's always been contamination or pad deposits as opposed to actual warping.

Personally I wouldn't fit one of the brands I haven't heard of (who are Audura?)