Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oh No, not another one.

L

Laidback

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, a new old person.We were due to pick up our new Cali on 2/11/2019, but delayed collection until the 4/11/2019, due to extreme weather conditions ( you know- trees down , flooding, very high winds etc). Have been running the van in since then and have covered about 650 miles, and no we have not slept in it yet. Will keep in touch as things progress, many things to learn and ask about.
regards.

Welcome - test as much as you can as early as you can. Over the winter remember to keep charging the leisure batteries, also empty the water tank and waste tank. There’s heaps of advice on here. Use the search function and ask if you can’t find what you’re looking for...

Hi, a new old person.We were due to pick up our new Cali on 2/11/2019, but delayed collection until the 4/11/2019, due to extreme weather conditions ( you know- trees down , flooding, very high winds etc). Have been running the van in since then and have covered about 650 miles, and no we have not slept in it yet. Will keep in touch as things progress, many things to learn and ask about.
regards.
Hi new older Cali owner here too. Picked ours up end of August, private plate so was not bothered about 69 plate. Slept in the van 3 trips and as you running the van in, now covered 650 miles. Bought quite a lot of equipment since August Awning Cali topper screen cover pots pans toilet the list goes on.

Hi Bloomers100, AlisonF and Wild Bob, ,thanks for the warm welcome. Agree that the "the extras" soon mount up, guess we will need another van just to carry the extras!

Hi Bloomers100, AlisonF and Wild Bob, ,thanks for the warm welcome. Agree that the "the extras" soon mount up, guess we will need another van just to carry the extras!
hehehehe yes, we don't feel as we have bought anything that we don't need. Not sure we would be taking everything we have bought out at the same time, no awning during the winter months but Cali topper and extra bedding. We are members of Camping & Caravan Club and Caravan & Motorhome club and will be using sites only.

regards.
Welcome and hope you enjoy your new toy. We bought a 2017 van in July and slept in it in our driveway - we live in the country! Also outside our relatives houses. Fitted a bike rack and bought Duvalay mattress toppers, kitchen equipment and a 400W electric heater. Ours is an Coast so no night heater. We’re on a road trip since 19th October but stay mostly in apartments I’m afraid as the evenings are short and we like to cook our own food. Don’t want to do too much inside the van due to smells accumulating. Enjoy and ask plenty of questions- we’ve done so and have been blessed with good advice

hehehehe yes, we don't feel as we have bought anything that we don't need. Not sure we would be taking everything we have bought out at the same time, no awning during the winter months but Cali topper and extra bedding. We are members of Camping & Caravan Club and Caravan & Motorhome club and will be using sites only.
Hi again WildBob, looks like you have most of what is needed, and the membership of both the C&C Club and C&M Club will give some very good pointers of sites to stay on. I think I just need a few more bits, ie a set of side body protectors and some step up mats ( bought or home made).

Welcome and hope you enjoy your new toy. We bought a 2017 van in July and slept in it in our driveway - we live in the country! Also outside our relatives houses. Fitted a bike rack and bought Duvalay mattress toppers, kitchen equipment and a 400W electric heater. Ours is an Coast so no night heater. We’re on a road trip since 19th October but stay mostly in apartments I’m afraid as the evenings are short and we like to cook our own food. Don’t want to do too much inside the van due to smells accumulating. Enjoy and ask plenty of questions- we’ve done so and have been blessed with good advice
Hi Johnny3555,
Thanks for the kind words, and glad to see that you have been out and about in your van, hope you enjoyed the experience.
I see you hail from Waterford, it is our intention to visit Eire especially the Southern end, and visit my Mothers birth place (god rest her soul) in Thomastown just North of you, maybe next year or the year after.

Hi again WildBob, looks like you have most of what is needed, and the membership of both the C&C Club and C&M Club will give some very good pointers of sites to stay on. I think I just need a few more bits, ie a set of side body protectors and some step up mats ( bought or home made).
Yes think we are sorted now, bought a tv headrest bracket and tv this weekend, hopefully that's it lol. There are plenty of sites selling step up mats and not expensive. What do mean when you say side body protectors ?

Welcome and enjoy!

My first overnight was in -8C in January but was very snug with the heater on. So give it a try as soon as - the first night over is an amazing experience. Still get a buzz waking up in the Cali - turns every journey into an adventure!

Yes think we are sorted now, bought a tv headrest bracket and tv this weekend, hopefully that's it lol. There are plenty of sites selling step up mats and not expensive. What do mean when you say side body protectors ?
Have a look at the tread "chrome side trims" in the California T5/T6 specific sub forum. I don't want the chrome metal one, but will look for black "plastic" style ones. Reason for fitting will be to protect the side panels from any car park door damage.

Welcome and enjoy!

My first overnight was in -8C in January but was very snug with the heater on. So give it a try as soon as - the first night over is an amazing experience. Still get a buzz waking up in the Cali - turns every journey into an adventure!
Thanks, I was waiting for some one to tell they had spent a Winter Break in Siberia ;)

Have a look at the tread "chrome side trims" in the California T5/T6 specific sub forum. I don't want the chrome metal one, but will look for black "plastic" style ones. Reason for fitting will be to protect the side panels from any car park door damage.
My new Cali has a Chrome Package fitted which looks fantastic

Back