Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oil service

That’s all I want to do however the pricing is confusing me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you see this link? https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/fixed-price-servicing
I know it says for vans 3-15 years old but I'm sure you can get these prices for newer vans. Mine is 2 1/2 years old and I was quoted £354 for major service - link says £349 so pretty much the same. The bit that annoys me is that the van tells me I need an xx service but when you talk to the dealer they use a different language. I just had the same issue with Skoda. Anyway the link might help you as it also identifies actual work carried out for the quoted price. Let us know how you get on.
(Mines in for "Major" next Tuesday)

Did you see this link? https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/fixed-price-servicing
I know it says for vans 3-15 years old but I'm sure you can get these prices for newer vans. Mine is 2 1/2 years old and I was quoted £354 for major service - link says £349 so pretty much the same. The bit that annoys me is that the van tells me I need an xx service but when you talk to the dealer they use a different language. I just had the same issue with Skoda. Anyway the link might help you as it also identifies actual work carried out for the quoted price. Let us know how you get on.
(Mines in for "Major" next Tuesday)

It is annoying I got quoted 2 prices this morning I said l just wanted the oil service but he recommended I have the dearer one !!!! I mentioned with all due respect he was answering a phone in a booking centre and not a time served master mechanic

This just gets more & more confusing. My Cali is about 18 months old and the MFD came up with the count down for an oil service. This was done at Heritage VW in Bristol at the start of April and was £145 + VAT coming to £174 in total. They also did a free "California Check" which was supposed to be a quick visual look over at everything to make sure it was ok including checking all 5 tyres for wear, pressure, etc.
No mention of anything to do with 3 years old.
Simon

This just gets more & more confusing. My Cali is about 18 months old and the MFD came up with the count down for an oil service. This was done at Heritage VW in Bristol at the start of April and was £145 + VAT coming to £174 in total. They also did a free "California Check" which was supposed to be a quick visual look over at everything to make sure it was ok including checking all 5 tyres for wear, pressure, etc.
No mention of anything to do with 3 years old.
Simon

That is what I was expecting mines around the same age and the countdown for the oil service came on the main service is showing 174 days or 19000 miles

well, i plan to do my servicing in the UK when i am over (which is a few times a year) as it seems to be a hell of a lot cheaper than in Brussels, (i just paid nearly €600 for an oil and filters change) and I suspect the service is a whole load better. Actually, any Brussels base cali owners got any recommendations for this sort of thing?

well, i plan to do my servicing in the UK when i am over (which is a few times a year) as it seems to be a hell of a lot cheaper than in Brussels, (i just paid nearly €600 for an oil and filters change) and I suspect the service is a whole load better. Actually, any Brussels base cali owners got any recommendations for this sort of thing?
@hotel california , any comment/advice?

@babble , guess It depends wath you get in return for 600€ ...only oil and (oil?)filter ....:oops:
Sure they checked more than that ?
Don't know if there are any decent VW dealers in Belgium as i don't use any . I head in to Holland for everything regarding my Cali .
I've heard Belgians mention "Van Hoe " or so based in Gent?

Called in at the VW van centre today to discuss the service indicator coming on. He asked if there had been a countdown, and when I said yes, he said they would just reset it as it didn’t need an oil change; it had just been set to the wrong service regime.

If there hadn’t been a countdown it would have meant that the oil condition sensor had detected that the oil had deteriorated, and would have needed changing.

The van has the benefit of the 5 year warranty, so if VW are happy with that then so am I. :thumb

Called in at the VW van centre today to discuss the service indicator coming on. He asked if there had been a countdown, and when I said yes, he said they would just reset it as it didn’t need an oil change; it had just been set to the wrong service regime.

If there hadn’t been a countdown it would have meant that the oil condition sensor had detected that the oil had deteriorated, and would have needed changing.

The van has the benefit of the 5 year warranty, so if VW are happy with that then so am I. :thumb

Did they charge you to reset it I discussed that this morning and they said it’s £40 to reset !!!

Did they charge you to reset it I discussed that this morning and they said it’s £40 to reset !!!

No, they didn’t and accepted it was their fault it had been set wrong. I wouldn’t have been happy if they tried to charge me!

No, they didn’t and accepted it was their fault it had been set wrong. I wouldn’t have been happy if they tried to charge me!

How many miles have you done

I’m getting quoted £250 and they won’t budge JCT Sheffield

Had mine done at Heritage in Bristol last month £145+VAT

I would point them towards this forum post as not very good publicity for them

Had mine done at Heritage in Bristol, £145+VAT

That will be £174 in total?? Keep telling JCT this they keep saying no !!!! I’m getting miffed

That will be £174 in total?? Keep telling JCT this they keep saying no !!!! I’m getting miffed

That is the Fixed Price for an Interim Service on T5/6 vehicles over 3 yrs old.
During the Warranty period Dealerships can set their own prices, I'm afraid. This is from VW Commercial s own website.

I only want to do what a s required the van cost quite a lot I feel I’m been robbed off away for a couple of weeks soon so want it to be right and I would rather pay the saving of £80 on a few pints and a nice meal

915fff990f427681d1f747f226069efa.jpg

Just returning to the UK.

The T6 certainly seems to require more frequent oil changes.
I’ve never had a Oil Change notification and I do 20,000 miles a year, but have it serviced in November each year regardless. Last time i had done 20,000 miles almost exactly and the MFD was showing an oil change in 6,300 miles when it was changed, but then I do do a lot of long distance journeys.

Hi Paulo,

We were quoted high from Sheffield for the service on our Beach... so we took it to Marshall’s at Grimsby instead... cost £169... original quote from them via their website honoured by staff when in dealership. Good service plus a day at the seaside... #loveCleethorpes

You might try them if it you don’t mind the day out.

Mark

A shout out for Birmingham Van Center from me. In spite of the van saying it needed a full/major service and it being booked in at BVC today for just that I was informed that an oil service would be all that was required - that just saved me £175. Moreover BVC replaced my leaking tap under warranty and returned my van to me at approx 11:30hrs (I had been expected 15:00hrs or later). Service was friendly and business like, even convivial. It's a 10 from Len!! (well Rik actually!).

Just had my second major service, 3rd oil change, on the variable service regime, 47,000 miles. £290 + VAT (£348). Tab picked up by the four pre-paid services (£829 inc from memory). It looks like the package cost is equivalent in cost to 2 major and 1 minor service i.e. by pre paying you get a minor service FOC.

However, the service wasn’t without cost.
Front pads - £196.01 inc
Rear pads - £168.43 inc
Rear lower caps - £109.03

The rear pads still had 30% remaining so good for ~14,000 miles. Probably a mistake simply chuck them!

Back