Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
And stabs my underside.

I drove over an olive branch today and it pierced a bit of plastic under my van just behind the front right wheel. See photos.
3bebdcf50fee3bd84c153e474b6ccbad.jpg

efa21420d8c9e7152617ea66f7d7b51c.jpg

Does it matter, and if it does matter, how much does it matter?

Should I try to get it fixed immediately. Or can it wait four months when we are back in the UK.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I wouldn't worry about getting it fixed urgently but would clean it and put on some gaffer tape to prevent water and debris getting in. Check it every week or so and reapply the tape if it peels away. They are there to protect your undercarriage and pipework etc. You can even tape a cut up drinks can to provide some structural rigidity.

Keep an eye on it , if it catches wind while driving on the highway it might rip open further...

Could a sheet of fibreglass be applied over the holes?
It could.

I don’t think all van models have these plastic covers, so not critical.

It is designed to provide some protection but mainly for noise reduction and increased economy ( less airflow resistance ).

Could a sheet of fibreglass be applied over the holes?

Great stuff - a sticking plaster patch from a coffee cup on the inside and duck tape (or Greek equivalent) on the outside, checked weekly and renewed if necessary until we return home, then a fibre glass repair once home.

For anyone interested, the attack happened about here:
36°46'09.5"N 21°50'40.0"E

Great stuff - a sticking plaster patch from a coffee cup on the inside and duck tape (or Greek equivalent) on the outside, checked weekly and renewed if necessary until we return home, then a fibre glass repair once home.

For anyone interested, the attack happened about here:
36°46'09.5"N 21°50'40.0"E

Yes and then a quick spray of (Halfords) Aerosol Satin Black just for the hell of it.:thumb

Let's get together and start a petition to get the UN to pass a resolution that the olive branch shall no more be considered a symbol of peace.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk