Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extreme temperatures

In Belgian warehouses not a single fan or portable aircon is availeble (so the newspapers says...:D)
Similar here in the UK...shame because i think 2 more ought to do it and I'm done ;)
13.jpg

By the way where are you, @Pete_Hampton ???
Too busy enjoying the Cali?

One of our neighbours bought one as they have a very young baby and when they went away they gave it to us to try. They had 2 a small one like the one shown and a large one the size of an old PC which you put ice in.
Verdict- worse than useless and noisy.
They’ve binned them.

Mike

If you're in a Cali, why not just move on and go to the mountains?

If you have a tow bar then one of these should should do the trick.

Just open the tail gate and it should produce a nice through breeze. Best keep the dog inside.

Don't worry about the other campers complaining. You won't be able to hear them!

I'm hoping that the club shop will start selling them soon.The postage will be a bit hefty but they are very effective.
BTW that's the full bore model suitable for the Beaches capacious interior!

Similar here in the UK...shame because i think 2 more ought to do it and I'm done ;)
View attachment 36175

By the way where are you, @Pete_Hampton ???
Too busy enjoying the Cali?
Hi Matey - all good here thanks, a temporary IT glitch means I don't sign into here all that often.
We are maintaining our strategy of at least one California road trip per month, 1 in '17 & 7 '18 so far, off on trip #9 on Monday.
On trips that take us through the southern end of the M3 we give a special wave at J12 & J13 - renamed as J2020 North and J2020 South ;)
We are keeping cool simply by having days and nights away from West London as Heathrow, or Hampton Water Works, typically seem to be amongst the warmest places in the UK.:cool:
Whenever we are by the sea, or a lake, we skim a few stones and sample the local ice cream whatever the weather.:thumb

Hi Matey - all good here thanks, a temporary IT glitch means I don't sign into here all that often.
We are maintaining our strategy of at least one California road trip per month, 1 in '17 & 7 '18 so far, off on trip #9 on Monday.
On trips that take us through the southern end of the M3 we give a special wave at J12 & J13 - renamed as J2020 North and J2020 South ;)
We are keeping cool simply by having days and nights away from West London as Heathrow, or Hampton Water Works, typically seem to be amongst the warmest places in the UK.:cool:
Whenever we are by the sea, or a lake, we skim a few stones and sample the local ice cream whatever the weather.:thumb
Hi @Pete_Hampton
Good to hear from you.
Great that you are full filling your strategy :thumb. I'd love to read a little run down on trips 1 to 9 when you have the strength and inclination.
:cheers + J2020 North and J2020 south.....
They are a royal pain in the Aristotle aren't they? especially North bound.
Stay COOL man.:cool:

PS....careful with all those Ice Creams.

This unit sounds good but a bit pricey?

cooler.jpg
Portable air con unit
fill the compact unit with water, plug into a USB socket and the cooler draws air over an internal water reservoir, cooling the air as it travels through the device. What’s more, because of its simplicity, the Evapolar only requires 10 - 12w of electricity. Its compact size makes it ideal for carrying and using in a camper. £239.99 from Grassroots Leisure

www.grassrootsleisure.co.uk

View attachment 36222
Portable air con unit
fill the compact unit with water, plug into a USB socket and the cooler draws air over an internal water reservoir, cooling the air as it travels through the device. What’s more, because of its simplicity, the Evapolar only requires 10 - 12w of electricity. Its compact size makes it ideal for carrying and using in a camper. £239.99 from Grassroots Leisure

Exactly, a bowl of water in front of a fan. Virtually a scam and anyone who buys one has more money than sense.

View attachment 36222
Portable air con unit

Beware, that's just the 25quid cooler, with a hefty markup...

Welcome to Sweden and Norway, I am sure temps will drop from this wednesday down to more normal 20C degrees.

Back