Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Order placed today! 204 tdi dsg

California7

California7

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello everyone,

I'm so happy to say that we have just ordered our new campervan! A huge thanks to this forum it's been an invaluable resource, I've been lurking for weeks...

It's going to be used as a 2nd car / weekend getaway bus / canoe wagon / track day tow car.

Reason for the 204 engine is because of the occasional tow car use and I know that I will miss the power of my current car..., dsg is because I'm getting lazy.

Test drove a Marco Polo at the weekend - The interior is more car like, certainly more plush, but for me it didn't have the fun factor (Although in my opinion vw need to try harder in this regard with a better choice of interior trim and paint colours). It was certainly a lot cheaper than the California comparing like for like.

Still can't believe we've taken the plunge, just have to be patient now and plan our first trip.
Look forward to meeting fellow club members on our travels. :cheers

Tom & Alison

Hello Tom and Alison, welcome to the forum, and a great lifestyle.

Mike at eurovans seems to be doing great business at present :D

Congratulations! And welcome to the forum. Did you spec the 4motion?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

I'm so happy to say that we have just ordered our new campervan! A huge thanks to this forum it's been an invaluable resource, I've been lurking for weeks...

It's going to be used as a 2nd car / weekend getaway bus / canoe wagon / track day tow car.

Reason for the 204 engine is because of the occasional tow car use and I know that I will miss the power of my current car..., dsg is because I'm getting lazy.

Test drove a Marco Polo at the weekend - The interior is more car like, certainly more plush, but for me it didn't have the fun factor (Although in my opinion vw need to try harder in this regard with a better choice of interior trim and paint colours). It was certainly a lot cheaper than the California comparing like for like.

Still can't believe we've taken the plunge, just have to be patient now and plan our first trip.
Look forward to meeting fellow club members on our travels. :cheers

Tom & Alison
Congrats, we ordered from Mike at Eurovans on Friday... We might be picking up at the same time!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We tried to buy new but couldn't wait the delivery time. Too eager so bought a second hand one. Still envy you buyers though. :Depressed

Congratulations! Well done in sneaking under the pesky price rise too.

There's going to a lot of new Calis on the road in Jan / Feb I expect!!

Welcome! And congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome!

@kurianp - considered the 4 motion but was a little concerned about the reduced payload, with canoes, 4 people and gear we'd be getting very close/over the weight limit. Went to town with the other options though! ;)

@LadySmiff - Mike mentioned another couple had ordered on Friday. Were you also hoping for March registration?

Thanks for the welcome!

@kurianp - considered the 4 motion but was a little concerned about the reduced payload, with canoes, 4 people and gear we'd be getting very close/over the weight limit. Went to town with the other options though! ;)

@LadySmiff - Mike mentioned another couple had ordered on Friday. Were you also hoping for March registration?
@California7

Hi Tom, yes, we're hoping it's more like March/April, otherwise we're going to have to cancel Christmas!

Exciting though isn't it?!

@California7 That may be the worst part. :veryfunny Congrats on your purchase.

Mike at eurovans seems to be doing great business at present

@GrannyJen when we picked ours up I told Mike about the group and gave him the website. I told him this group drives a lot of business his way and they should maybe look into advertising or at the least signup for the forums to interact with everyone.

Thanks for the welcome!

I think that the 4M DSG should use the T32 base platform to compensate for the loss of payload. They put the T32 springs on the front but not the complete axle. It might be an option that doesn't get offered by UK salesmen.???

Large part of the 101kgs payload loss can be reclaimed by only having the 70ltr fuel tank and not filling the water tank when in transit, not much point filling it at home (on a water meter) and lugging it hundreds of miles when water can be accessed on site. Wild campers excluded from this option.

Hello and welcome bet the next few months drag.

We have a build date, week 49, so according to the dealer it should arrive with them mid January.
Really didn't want it until March but now it's coming... can't wait! :bananadance2

Might have to add a few things to the Christmas list!

We have a build date, week 49, so according to the dealer it should arrive with them mid January.
Really didn't want it until March but now it's coming... can't wait! :bananadance2

Might have to add a few things to the Christmas list!
Oh cool, you got your build date.... We're still waiting! Did Mike say how long between build date and delivery?

Hi LadySmiff,

Nothing specific, only that it would probably be mid January, which seems quite a wait given that week 49 is next week... I suppose Christmas must have an impact on the factory.

Looks like our piggy bank is going to be on a diet after Christmas!

Hope you get news on yours soon. Maybe you have chosen an option that is slowing things down?

Tom

I expect so Tom, we added a lot of bells & whistles! Fingers crossed for you both, hope it all goes smoothly.... Keep us posted

OK, Lets see if we can identify the culprit... our spec is:

204tdi dsg Ocean
Oryx White
Cascavel wheels
2 USB Interfaces
4 remote keys
ACC
App Connect
Composition Media 6.33"
Shower
Black awning
Mattress topper
High beam assist
Steering wheel with paddles
LED lights
Mudflaps
Privacy glass
Reversing camera and front and rear sensors
Alcantara seats
Electric sliding door
Towbar
Visibility pack (comes with LED's)

Sounds great. Here's the differences:
150 TDI dsg
Mojave beige
Palmerston alloy wheels
Discover media nav +
Silver awning
Heated windscreen
Interior light concept

We don't have ACC wondering now if we should??

Just checked again - we also have the interior light concept.. phew!

I think the ACC is worth it - our companies cars have it and it works very well, but I would only ever use it on a motorway/dual carriage way, some people seem to use it all the time just to maintain the gap to the car in front on minor roads too - I wouldn't recommend doing this.

I was tempted by the heated windscreen but you have to draw the line somewhere! I was hoping that I can program the central heating to come on 15 mins before I leave home in the winter.

Just checked again - we also have the interior light concept.. phew!

I think the ACC is worth it - our companies cars have it and it works very well, but I would only ever use it on a motorway/dual carriage way, some people seem to use it all the time just to maintain the gap to the car in front on minor roads too - I wouldn't recommend doing this.

I was tempted by the heated windscreen but you have to draw the line somewhere! I was hoping that I can program the central heating to come on 15 mins before I leave home in the winter.

Ha - I just fired off an email to Mike about the ACC! I can't remember if you get standard cc with the auto and the ACC was an extra option...either way I don't think the other half is too worried.

RE the heated windscreen, we had that on one of our cars recently and it was a godsend when you want to get cracking quickly...but as you say, you can't have all the toys can you?!

From memory, cruise control isn't standard with dsg - really should be but that's true of a lot of the options....

Thanks @California7

We're having that last minute new buyer panic "did we miss something crucial"!

Did I see you've had your build date through now?

Yes, week 49 - next week!
Hurrah! I just went onto VW live chat and they told me we have a confirmed build date of week 51...dealer hasn't told me yet!

VW thought 6-8 weeks from build date to dealer delivery...sound about right?!

Great news!

Where do I find the order number to quote on the live chat? I have the Eurovans order number - can I use this, I also have a finance agreement number...

Back