Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ordered our California this week

After a lot of research, lots of nights reading posts on this forum actually ordered now (fingers crossed). Really looking forward to getting our hands on the Cali.
Still quite baffled by the dealers attitude towards actually ordering a new vehicle, it was pretty hard work to get them to do it at all as if they don’t want to take the order and I still do not have a confirmed order form a week after paying my deposit.
I am reassured that I have used a dealership that is widely recommend on these forums. I have just never known a car/vehicle buying experience quite like it. Anybody ordered recently got a delivery date from the dealer?.
Your dealership will confirm your order once VW have give them a build date and number. As long as your deposit has been debited from your account then you have a contract.

Metallic Paint
powered door for quiet operATION on camp sites, very considerate we are. Noisy sliding slamming doors annoy me.
upgraded the SatNav to Discovery Plus, WeConnect Plus App offers vehicle locating and geofencing and break in alerting me via my mobi, the salesmen wasn’t aware but they are explained on the website.
comfort mattress because it folds, easier for storing.
Hope you got just the power assisted latching rather than the full powered sliding door. It’d be doubly awful if your good intentions were spoilt by all that beeping you get on the fully powered option for one, plus it costs much more.

Hope you got just the power assisted latching rather than the full powered sliding door. It’d be doubly awful if your good intentions were spoilt by all that beeping you get on the fully powered option for one, plus it costs much more.
Apparently it is not that loud, and if it is, and a nuisance I’ll find it and disconnect it. there is also manual mode when it doesn’t beep allegedl. We will see still quite happy to spec it.

Apparently it is not that loud, and if it is, and a nuisance I’ll find it and disconnect it. there is also manual mode when it doesn’t beep allegedl. We will see still quite happy to spec it.
We have the "standard" door on our T6.1 and it is virtually silent. Much, much quieter than the T5 that a friend has. Really impressed.

bay leaf green. The wife wanted the 2 tone paint, but I could not justify the extra £2k!! It does look cool in 2 tone though.I compromised and we added the chrome pack too.

I’ve gone for Bay Leaf Green too. What does the chrome pack add?

There is a manual mode which we use during the night when at campsite. It does make the door damn heavy to open / close meaning more force needed to close and therefore a decent and almost unavoidable 'clunk' on closure. Still better than the beep though.

Ours is a 1yr old T6. i understand the T6.1 has a much easier and smoother and possibly quieter door mechanism as standard with Oceans having the easy close feature. I wonder if theyve managed to lessen the force needed to open/close powered doors when set to manual on the T6.1.

I understand the T6.1 has a much easier and smoother and possibly quieter door mechanism as standard with Oceans having the easy close feature. I wonder if theyve managed to lessen the force needed to open/close powered doors when set to manual on the T6.1.
Our 6 year old daughter easily opens and closes the sliding door on our 6.1 Ocean. I see no need to order anything else.

I’ve gone for Bay Leaf Green too. What does the chrome pack add?
Just a bit of chrome trim on the door panel, tailgate and bumper and I think it also make the B pillar black too.

Just a bit of chrome trim on the door panel, tailgate and bumper and I think it also make the B pillar black too.

Thats a pretty expensive option then. Is it chrome metal trim or chromed plastic?
Like the look of the black B pillar though.

Ordered around 8th August just been confirmed for build week 43, 16th October, hoping for an early December collection still.
16th October? I’d actually say that is the Friday of week 42.

Why do they quote build weeks commencing on a Friday? Unless my calendar is wrong. When I rang them last week they said still provisional week 43 23rd Oct? Unless that is the actual day in the week they plan to starts. Yes I am confused

Don't forget 2 weeks to build, then a wait at the doc before shipping...........

Ok it what they said as long as it’s 19/10/2020 not really bothered about the minutiae of build weeks

Just been told by VW chat that the earliest build slots are now week 52. December build, however, I am assuming there will be a Christmas shutdown and those two week slots won't happen. I am now resigned to the fact that our California won't be seen till after the RDE2 compliant engines come out. The gentleman on VW chat, albeit very helpful , didn't give me confidence with the fact that Brexit was imminent. I feel the worse for import tax coming, his response wasn't very encouraging.

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 18.21.22.png

Just been on the live chat and our van is on its way to Immingham, my amateur sleuth skills make me think it arrives tomorrow. Let’s see what happens with Liverpool van centre and delivery collection options.

I ordered in early September from one of the forum's recommended dealers. Still no date.

i bought a used one in the meantime, so i don't really mind :D

zTRits0.jpg

Back