Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Those who ordered late October 17 - have you got a build week yet?

Ordered a TSI Ocean late October and no build date. One complication is that ACC is not on dealer configurator but it is available. This has not been added to the order as yet so it could be a while!

Sorry I don’t come on the forum often so have just seen this thread.
We ordered late October and no build week as yet but to be honest we don’t want it until March like a few other people have said. Mark our dealer said he thought it would be around that time so we’ve got our fingers crossed. I must admit I’m not thinking about it too much. Just enjoying the now :thumb

Jo

Just wanted to add my knowledge :) ... ordered placed 1st November build week was given as 49... and has not changed in the last 2 weeks. Keep thinking of changing my mind on colour :) I wonder if it is too late ?

Just wanted to add my knowledge :) ... ordered placed 1st November build week was given as 49... and has not changed in the last 2 weeks. Keep thinking of changing my mind on colour :) I wonder if it is too late ?

Thanks for adding this info. What model and spec have you ordered? I'm have a feeling that once you have a build week you're 'locked in' so you can't change anything, but i might be wrong. I have changed the colour of mine but it hasn't got a build week yet.

I too haven’t been online for a while.
We had our order accepted 31st October and we’re advised our provisional build week is week 2.
Spec includes pretty much everything including the paddle shift mentioned in a previous post.
Sooo excited!!

Ask the Dealer. I wanted to add something minor to mine after I had been given a build wk. They could not guarantee that the build wk would not change so didn’t bother.

I guess if it’s something major like the colour then it may be worth the risk. At the end of the day it may be better to wait a bit longer rather than have a spec your not 100% happy with.

Last edited:
Finally we have a confirmed build week for our Ocean. Week 51, Christmas week. Delivery on track for March, which is great.

Have been amazed how long its taken to get a build date

Ordered first weekend in September!

Lots of accessories on the Christmas list

Finally we have a confirmed build week for our Ocean. Week 51, Christmas week. Delivery on track for March, which is great.

Have been amazed how long its taken to get a build date

Ordered first weekend in September!

Lots of accessories on the Christmas list
Great news that you have your dates.... Watch you don't melt your credit card now!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ask the Dealer. I wanted to add something minor to mine after I had been given a build wk. They could not guarantee that the build wk would not change so didn’t bother.

I guess if it’s something major like the colour then it may be worth the risk. At the end of the day it may be better to wait a bit longer rather than have a spec your not 100% happy with.

I made some changes after receiving my build week, changed the cascaval wheels from silver to anthracite and added a tow-bar.

My build week jumped forward a full 2x months as a result. So, it can go either-way.

Historic example
I was given a build date of week 50 2016. Even told it was in the build process that week. Checked again Jan week 2 and told it's now in build process. Arrived UK Feb for 1st March 2017 purchase as per my order requirements.

Week 6 2018 may be the cut off to beat the April VED hike.

Hi,

Just to give my experience (and ask a question while I am at it).

I ordered last week of October 2017. Got build date today for week 5. I found out the build date as I called to make some last minute changes; I've added folding mirrors, comfort matress (both of which did not change build date) and after plenty of thought I added sat nav (which added 6 weeks to the date given).

I am happy enough as can wait till April (I think). But would really want the van for early May.

My question is, how long approximately is it likely to be between build date and driving the VW? I am assuming about 3 weeks but this is a guess.

Thanks

Hi,

Just to give my experience (and ask a question while I am at it).

I ordered last week of October 2017. Got build date today for week 5. I found out the build date as I called to make some last minute changes; I've added folding mirrors, comfort matress (both of which did not change build date) and after plenty of thought I added sat nav (which added 6 weeks to the date given).

I am happy enough as can wait till April (I think). But would really want the van for early May.

My question is, how long approximately is it likely to be between build date and driving the VW? I am assuming about 3 weeks but this is a guess.

Thanks
If you have ordered a diesel the Sat Nav could be pretty expensive with the VED hike due to come in April 1st.

If you have ordered a diesel the Sat Nav could be pretty expensive with the VED hike due to come in April 1st.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm safe from this on two fronts; I've ordered petrol and I am also from Jersey so no VED April increase

Update: ordered Ocean October 21st and just received build date as week 3. I can also confirm ACC is available even though it's not listed anywhere.

Just been re reading this thread ! it seems to be a bit of a lottery in terms of what you get as a build week However logic would tell you that this is not possible. I wonder if they build in batches i.e right hand vs left, or possible country allocation based on days of the week :).

Unfortunately I remember in the bad old days that if you have a British made car you never wanted it made on a Monday or Friday or near a holiday due to poor quality... Thank god those days are long gone !

Sorry if I’ve missed it but what’s the estimated length of time between being given the build date and the van arriving at the dealership? Or is it really too variable to hazard a guess?

I have the paddle steering wheel option too, also hoping that I selected the combination of options that unlock the glovebox full of cash!

I had not realised that if I made a small change that in effect the old order is cancelled & a new order placed.
I added Composition Media DAB+ radio system with 6.33" touch-screen & App-Connect & now find my order accepted date has changed from 9/11/2017 to 27/11/2017.

just been in touch on live chat & been told by Luke - I'm pleased to let you know that your Ocean has been provided with a build week of the week commencing 21/01/2018, which will be week 4.

I also asked him - will it be able to be registered because of the current emission problems? His response was - I wouldn't be able to comment on that, however our colleagues at the factory over in Hannover are working hard to resolve the issue.

So it seems as if I will just have to wait & see.

Can someone explain the taxation cost difference between registering this vehicle before 31/3/2018 & after.

We've got build week 4 too, so at least things are moving now.

Re road tax - quoted from Auto Express;

"In the Autumn Budget, Chancellor Philip Hammond announced that all new diesel cars from 1 April 2018 will face going up a VED band if they fail to meet the latest Euro 6 standards under real-world testing.

New cars will have to meet the real driving emissions (RDE) step 2 test that forms part of the current EU type approval process. This means new cars can pollute up to 1.5 times the current 80mg/km NOx limit under real-world driving if they are to avoid going up a tax band."

A Cali is classed as a car, first of all (ie not a van, which these changes don't include), and currently no Cali has an RDE type approval - but there is some speculation that this might be part of the current registration halt/issue, but that isn't confirmed.

Anyway, if there is no RDE for the Cali in April, that means you go up 1 VED band (as long as you bought a diesel) for the purposes of the first year VED. For my 204 DSG TDI that will be another £400 for the first year only. Then the usual £140/yr plus £310 on top for the premium car tax on top for years 2-5.

Thanks for explaining the car tax for me. Hope we both get delivery before April then.

I’m not at all convinced that we’re any closer to knowing what the issue is.

I was in touch with Luke last night at vwcs and the latest they have for my van is confirmed build week 4/12/17, - 3 1/2 weeks ago and apparently their system has no further updates. Considering how much detailed information the hyper stalkers were receiving just a few weeks back, this makes me very suspicious. I’m sure the factory is still building vans, but I wonder if vw are deliberately putting a hold on order updates preferring instead just to say it’s in build.

Anyway I was advised to check back in a few days.

Tom

Quick update - not very helpful though I'm afraid. Just chatted to Luke on the Live Chat.
GOOD NEWS: our build week was last week and they expect it to be finished in a few days.
BAD NEWS: on asking about reg/emissions delays, his quote:

"I currently don't have any information on this to comment, however I can assure you that we have a great team working to resolve this swiftly."

MAYBE GOOD NEWS: He's taken some details from me and said he would ask a "case manager" to be in touch re this issue...likely by Tues/Weds.....will update if I get any more news!

Quick update - not very helpful though I'm afraid. Just chatted to Luke on the Live Chat.
GOOD NEWS: our build week was last week and they expect it to be finished in a few days.
BAD NEWS: on asking about reg/emissions delays, his quote:

"I currently don't have any information on this to comment, however I can assure you that we have a great team working to resolve this swiftly."

MAYBE GOOD NEWS: He's taken some details from me and said he would ask a "case manager" to be in touch re this issue...likely by Tues/Weds.....will update if I get any more news!

I spoke to Luke yesterday and was told the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back