Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What options do you now regret not ordering and why?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
With all the discussion about what options people are choosing before going ahead and ordering a new Cali I thought it might be interesting and helpful to find out what options you now regret not ordering and reason why.

The only thing that I would now find useful is a reversing camera although this question doesn't really apply in our case as ours was an ex demonstrator so we got what was already fitted. Luckily it had almost everything we would have ordered.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I would find the reversing camera very useful when connecting my trailer when I am on my own. I may have one retro fitted.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I would find the reversing camera very useful when connecting my trailer when I am on my own. I may have one retro fitted.
I regret not ordering tow bar prep. It would have kept my option open for a tow bar bike rack, and also a tow bar. Some idiot parked 3 inches behind me today and I would be very suprised if they didn't nudge my bumper. A tow bar makes other drivers more careful when pulling in/out of parking spaces.

Shower attachment for hosing down muddy boots & pushchair

The 10 weeks off work a year holiday option!

Hmmm got thatone ...not on the VW optionlist bit in my contract at work:D
Say 35 days free to chose and possible to add some extra saved hours...plus official hollidays .
Gets me over the two months free time:bananadance

on topic now ,
As i got my SE as a demo , i missed out on darker tint windows and a tow bar
Think that were the things i would added xtra if could.
And maybe 4motion but that is the base you start with...
Think i wil pop by a dealer today ( here in Belgium) to configur myself a T6 and ask for trading in mine , just out of curiosity .
See where i end up:)

Last edited:
No don't. You'll end up with 3 Motion, 1 swivel seat and towbar on the front. ;);)

The options I should have chosen were:
1. The better plastic option so that no further pieces of plastic break off (roof cover catch, table catch, table leg, latch for table in sliding door, trim beneath seats, button from control panel, press-in poppers to underside roof trim...)
2. Paid the extra to have a proper roof with no corrosion
3. Paid extra to have the engine version that doesn't over consume engine oil.
4. Symmetric roof lowering option

O yes, should have chosen cruise control....

Very strange insurance companies have more trust in those who needs parking assistance .

Have never come across an Insurance Company that offered a reduction for Parking Sensors or Reversing Camera.
Names would be useful?

Have never come across an Insurance Company that offered a reduction for Parking Sensors or Reversing Camera.
Names would be useful?
Try the online quote for The Camping and Caravanning Club.
What reduces the insurance premium significantly is if you have previously owned a camper van. My quote went down from ÂŁ476 to ÂŁ307 because I have owned one for more than 4 years,

i know this is going to sound a big smug Borris, but having lived with the Beachwagen for nearly two weeks i think (with the help of this forum) i got it spot on. Thought i might like the app connect, but the basic stereo unit is pretty cool with blue tooth music - allowing the kids to select music from the rear seats - knowing what i now know about the cycle rack, i would have gone for the tow bar prep, but am working around that until the pretty rack is available - thought i might not like the yellow, but i cant stop looking at it - it changes colour in different lights. The 150 engine is just right too - cruises along nicely up to ??? if you want it but also economic - i took a pic with 48mpg on the dash (weekend A road trip) but it was bit too blurry to publish - if they did a 4 x 4 Beach in the UK i would have opted for that - love it

i know this is going to sound a big smug Borris, but having lived with the Beachwagen for nearly two weeks i think (with the help of this forum) i got it spot on. Thought i might like the app connect, but the basic stereo unit is pretty cool with blue tooth music - allowing the kids to select music from the rear seats - knowing what i now know about the cycle rack, i would have gone for the tow bar prep, but am working around that until the pretty rack is available - thought i might not like the yellow, but i cant stop looking at it - it changes colour in different lights. The 150 engine is just right too - cruises along nicely up to ??? if you want it but also economic - i took a pic with 48mpg on the dash (weekend A road trip) but it was bit too blurry to publish - if they did a 4 x 4 Beach in the UK i would have opted for that - love it
Was that realtime fuel consumption or average consumption, Memory 1 or Memory 2 on the MFD?

Was that realtime fuel consumption or average consumption, Memory 1 or Memory 2 on the MFD?
Hi Welsh it was average on mem 1 - was trying to get it up to 50 - on mem 2 the total is averaging 36 after 500 miles running around. London and back tomo so will see what it does on a run

Hi Welsh it was average on mem 1 - was trying to get it up to 50 - on mem 2 the total is averaging 36 after 500 miles running around. London and back tomo so will see what it does on a run
Thought so.:thumb

Pretty lucky that our ex-demo has quite a good spec, but I do miss not having auto lights and auto wipers. It sounds really lazy, but when every other car you drive has that feature you do end up driving around with your lights off. Made worse when you have DRLs so you can see where you are going, but the rear lights are off....

Being a bit smug is only to be expected. They are lovely vehicles.
Have you tested the mpg with a brim to brim test yet?
How effective is the electric windscreen?

Back