Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our favourite YouTube video

Pro moochers

Pro moochers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We’ve just finished our favourite video so far.
Our California has taken us to some mind blowing locations, including before we started our channel but this day in Zermatt, Switzerland took the crown!

Anyone else been here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, have holidayed in Zermatt, agree the Matterhorn is stunning, although I personally prefer the Bernese Oberland and Wengen (another car free area), that said I love all the areas of Switzerlands and hope to visit in a van one day, just need to buy the van! Keep the videos coming, love watching your current journey across Europe, you must be clocking the miles up.

Yes, have holidayed in Zermatt, agree the Matterhorn is stunning, although I personally prefer the Bernese Oberland and Wengen (another car free area), that said I love all the areas of Switzerlands and hope to visit in a van one day, just need to buy the van! Keep the videos coming, love watching your current journey across Europe, you must be clocking the miles up.

Thank you!
It’s the third year in a row we’ve visited Switzerland in our Cali.
We walked up to wengen from Lauterbrunnen, rewarded ourselves with a traditional dish mmmm

Zermat. Magical place. First visit in 83. Love it. :cool: :cheers

Anyone else been here?
Beautiful, very beautiful!
Last summer we wanted to visit Switzerland but it was quite difficult due to the restrictions imposed on travelers from our country due to Corona. Don't worry (went to the Vosges in France) and we'll try next year. For a few years we drove through a piece of Switzerland in the evening from Italy back home (Belgium) but in the dark and in the rain there was not much to it and I thought: this could be better. We want to do the Grand Tour of Switzerland as a seasoning for maybe more later.
Maybe even with our new cali if Volkswagen wants it :D
Greetings

Switzerland is my favourite country in the world. Been numerous times and loved every visit. Could seriously consider moving…

Ive only watched half the vid. It’s a bit long for my short attention span.
Might be work breaking them up into shorter Vlogs…:thumb

Switzerland is my favourite country in the world. Been numerous times and loved every visit. Could seriously consider moving…

Ive only watched half the vid. It’s a bit long for my short attention span.
Might be work breaking them up into shorter Vlogs…:thumb

Same here, we’d happily move to Switzerland.
It’s easy to run over when creating a video, I never realise how long they are and when it’s complete, there’s no way I’m working harder to split it haha!
But I appreciate you watching some of it

Zermat. Magical place. First visit in 83. Love it. :cool: :cheers

We’ve only been twice but there’s still so much to see so no doubt we’ll be back

Beautiful, very beautiful!
Last summer we wanted to visit Switzerland but it was quite difficult due to the restrictions imposed on travelers from our country due to Corona. Don't worry (went to the Vosges in France) and we'll try next year. For a few years we drove through a piece of Switzerland in the evening from Italy back home (Belgium) but in the dark and in the rain there was not much to it and I thought: this could be better. We want to do the Grand Tour of Switzerland as a seasoning for maybe more later.
Maybe even with our new cali if Volkswagen wants it :D
Greetings

ec9b696374b19c6883d4212e7bec94f7.jpg

We did see some grand tour signs.
That’d be a great idea, may look into that for the future.
Cheers

I guess Zermatt isn't really the best camping advertisement of Switzerland :p A car-free zone and rather limited spots in the valley. I generally try to avoid that area - Zermatt/Saas Fee, as it's simply overcrowded with tourists and overpriced, while the views and experience you can get better or similar in more remote areas. But surely it's a place worth visiting at least once.

And yeah, 20min videos, unless packed with information, people don't watch those days :) That's why creating videos is not an easy job, it's much harder to make a good 3-5min video than just merge a bunch of cuts into 25min. Same with picture, not a big deal to just upload 300 images from a weekend out. Now take 3 out of context, to be both amazing and tell the story... that's something. Anyway, cool.

I guess Zermatt isn't really the best camping advertisement of Switzerland :p A car-free zone and rather limited spots in the valley. I generally try to avoid that area - Zermatt/Saas Fee, as it's simply overcrowded with tourists and overpriced, while the views and experience you can get better or similar in more remote areas. But surely it's a place worth visiting at least once.

And yeah, 20min videos, unless packed with information, people don't watch those days :) That's why creating videos is not an easy job, it's much harder to make a good 3-5min video than just merge a bunch of cuts into 25min. Same with picture, not a big deal to just upload 300 images from a weekend out. Now take 3 out of context, to be both amazing and tell the story... that's something. Anyway, cool.

Our video was actually shorter than your post

We enjoy your YouTube Chanel, you both have a great sense of humour and some of your cinematography is up there with the best. Some great locations and ideas of where to visit. Thank you for sharing your adventures.

We enjoy your YouTube Chanel, you both have a great sense of humour and some of your cinematography is up there with the best. Some great locations and ideas of where to visit. Thank you for sharing your adventures.

I’m pleased you like it
We genuinely only do it for our own memories but it’s a big bonus, knowing others enjoy it too.
Thanks

I love your videos and enjoy the fun. Well done.

I'm fortunate enough to have Swiss ancestry and have visited many times. For my part I find it best to avoid the obvious places on the tourist map. I love the area around where my father grew up, the canton of Glarus. Sophisticated people from Zurich consider the area to be a bit provincial, but it makes an excellent base for touring with a number of pretty campsites in the area.

A great trip out is to drive over the Klausen Pass, home of the world famous classic race car event, with 136 curves! You drive through incredible views through into Uri and the town of Altdorf to see the William Tell monument. Then jump on a boat at Fluelen that will take you to beautiful Luzern and Alpnach (you can also drive round). The real treat is to take the railway from Alpnachstad up to Mount Pilatus. Stunning.

pilatus-cogwheel-railway-8[6].jpg

34f54f08f55ebba67f11a6ff3cd5849c.jpg

Last edited:
I love your videos and enjoy the fun. Well done.

I'm fortunate enough to have Swiss ancestry and have visited many times. For my part I find it best to avoid the obvious places on the tourist map. I love the area around where my father grew up, the canton of Glarus. Sophisticated people from Zurich consider the area to be a bit provincial, but it makes an excellent base for touring with a number of pretty campsites in the area.

A great trip out is to drive over the Klausen Pass, home of the world famous classic race car event, with 136 curves! You drive through incredible views through into Uri and the town of Altdorf to see the William Tell monument. Then jump on a boat at Fluelen that will take you to beautiful Luzern and Alpnach (you can also drive round). The real treat is to take the railway from Alpnachstad up to Mount Pilatus. Stunning.

View attachment 86962

View attachment 86963

View attachment 86962

View attachment 86962

WOW they’re some photos!!
We love the touristy areas as well as the quieter areas, it’s great to mix them up.
We’ve driven a number of the passes in the last few years and we’ll no doubt be back to tick of more.
Thanks for watching!!