Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Oxford Family Meet - November 13th

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
This is a change to the previous advertised meet.

One of our members has kindly arranged several meets in the run up to Christmas with the first one being in Oxford on the weekend of 13th November for one or two nights.

These meets are very informal and will be just a case of booking with the campsite direct so the places will be limited.

Ideally families only and especially single parent campers!

Click Here if you wish to attend

Brilliant!

Single parents, a brilliant focus.

If anyone is thinking of going but isn't sure, it is a lovely site. Its a nice walk into town along the river (turn left out of the site and then turn right at the big x-roads to find the river ~you'll figure it out...) its also nice to walk up the river in the other direction, out of town. Its right outside go-outdoors too for those last minute purchases.. :cool:

I am just itching for that day when I can take my two grandsons away with me. I will be at every family meet possible, a wonderful lifestyle.

May I ask what happened to the Halloween meet?

The organiser was unable to attend, someone else is welcome to organise one?

Martin

What's involved in hosting an event?

Just find a campsite really, speak to the owner and see how many vans they will accept. Then just be on hand to welcome people when they arrive.

Hi everyone! I've not been able to get online for a while and I am hosting this meeting. It's my first time and it's nice to see that some other families are coming along!

Hi Claire,I'm very interested but not 100% sure when the vw garage can release the se demo ,something about 90 days from registering.Will firm up soon as I know.

Hi Claire,I'm very interested but not 100% sure when the vw garage can release the se demo ,something about 90 days from registering.Will firm up soon as I know.
Fingers crossed it all works out and you can join us!

For anyone wanting to know more about this meet. It will be an informal family friendly meet at Oxford Camping and Caravanning Site. Welcome drinks at our van on arrival. Treasure hunt on Saturday for the children. Rvier walk/bus trip into Oxford and pub dinner on Saturday evening. Please do join us!

Hi how many are going, looking forward to it!
Hi Spud,
So far we have 5 Calis going and there could be 4 other VW vans as well! Should be fun and hope you can join us!

Dear Cali Friends,

A week to go until our informal meet up at Oxford campsite and I hope the weather improves! So far we have 5 Calis going.

The plan is to arrive on the Friday evening (we should be there by 6pm) and we will host welcome drinks from our van - grey Cali - look out for some bright lights!

In the morning, there will be a treasure hunt for the kids and then we'll head into Oxford - either by bus (across the road) or walk along the river (depending on weather).

Saturday evening, we are planning to meet up for dinner in the Duke of Monmouth pub - if people want to.

Sunday morning, kids can play rounders if not raining and adults welcome to pop over to us for a morning coffee before heading home.

Hope you can join us. Please book with the campsite!

Claire

Sounds great fun :thumb well done for organising the meet

Just bumping this thread please try and support Claire by attending this meet.
Thanks kev

Just another bump for this meet which is happening this coming weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really looking forward to this meet. Will the welcome drink be mulled wine by any chance? ;)
Currently I am non stop in the workshop right up until Christmas so this will be a welcome chance for a break. We will play Saturday night by ear... It will all depend on how tired the kids are.

I'm really looking forward to this meet. Will the welcome drink be mulled wine by any chance? ;)
Currently I am non stop in the workshop right up until Christmas so this will be a welcome chance for a break. We will play Saturday night by ear... It will all depend on how tired the kids are.
Mulled wine is a good idea. Hadn't thought of that! No worries about Saturday evening if the kids are too tired. The whole idea of the weekend is to relax and let the kids enjoy themselves! Looking forward to it. As you can see, I've got a grey California - called 'Dino' as last 3 registration letters are DNO. Come and find us when you arrive!

I am really sorry but we are not going to be able to make it this weekend anymore :sad. I was really looking forward to a weekend away from the workshop but sadly it isn't to be. Really sorry to drop out at the 11th hour Claire.

Just to say thank you to Claire for organising our mini Cali meet, shame there were only the two vans there but we really enjoyed it! Will definitely use the site again, a lovely ( albeit a little wet ) walk into Oxford, fantastic pubs and a walk around Christ Church seeing how the students live was amazing! Thanks again
Martin & Sandra

Just to say thank you to Claire for organising our mini Cali meet, shame there were only the two vans there but we really enjoyed it! Will definitely use the site again, a lovely ( albeit a little wet ) walk into Oxford, fantastic pubs and a walk around Christ Church seeing how the students live was amazing! Thanks again
Martin & Sandra
Hi Sandra and Martin. Apologies for the delay in replying. It was lovely to meet you both and thanks for joining us! I'm glad you liked the site. Hopefully next time it won't be quite so wet!!