Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Lower Lode Inn Cali Meet 14 - 16 October

Just spoken to the site and there are pitches left :bananadance
Thanks for letting us know @T6Beach . As the bookings are done directly via the pub and we are relying on people to also confirm on the forum we don't always have a precise view on numbers. The reason we had closed it was because there are quite a few 'maybe's' on the forum that haven't booked via the pub. So the sooner people are able to confirm one way or another the better. Then we can assure we have good space for all who want to come.

With everything back on track looking forward to meeting everyone with Stanley Mk1 and will hopefully be arriving Friday afternoon.
Collection of the Cali yesterday afternoon was a surprise to everyone so loads to learn.

Mike

With everything back on track looking forward to meeting everyone with Stanley Mk1 and will hopefully be arriving Friday afternoon.
Collection of the Cali yesterday afternoon was a surprise to everyone so loads to learn.

Mike
Are you there yet, are you there yet,are you there yet,are you there yet,are you there yet ...

Are you there yet, are you there yet,are you there yet,are you there yet,are you there yet ...
20 Minutes, 20 Minutes, 20 Minutes, 20 Minutes, 20 Minutes......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly unable to make it this weekend now and just wanted to let you know my space is now available for someone else to take advantage of, I tried to phone the campsite several times to inform them but never any answer.

Hope you all have great weekend :thumb

We did on the last one :)

(We hoped to be able to go again but it clashes with another event)

Sadly unable to make it this weekend now and just wanted to let you know my space is now available for someone else to take advantage of, I tried to phone the campsite several times to inform them but never any answer.
Sorry you can't make it, thanks for letting us know.
Simon

18 of us here at present, despite heavy traffic in the area everyone arrived in the light or early dusk. When I arrived in the morning the sun was shining and the river was the lowest I had seen it in all my visits here.
The ferry is apparently running on Saturday and Sunday which will save a long walk to Tewkesbury for those who want to do it.
The grass has all been freshly cut the place is looking lovely.
A couple of bay VW campers came in with another group. They are staying here at the same time with another.
Will post some pictures when it gets light.

Thanks to SimonB and Lyn next door to us.
Three of us in the field with the bay Cali and some other campers.
First time for us and rather than struggle could just watch or ask Lyn.
Very useful when we came to put on the awning tie down kit as I was a bit mystified. Lyn had a quick look and sure enough there were two bits missing from our kit. I would have assumed it was user error.
Anyway first impressions of the Cali. I thought it would be good after the test drive but it is even better. It drove itself to Lower Lode while I pressed a few buttons and pointed it. Jane could not take the smile off her face.
After our first cup of tea we wandered off to wash the cups but soon had them filled up again and consuming cake as we had a look at other Cali's.
First night in the Cali was upstairs and might perhaps need a bit more padding or more cake but time will tell.
Suns out this morning and new weather app tells me 49% chance of rain between 3-6pm. 51% chance it won't then

Mike

Down in Somerset and on my way to Bromsgrove this afternoon. Will try and call by; no Cali though so can't claim the prize for the furthest travelled.
:eek::cheers

Down in Somerset and on my way to Bromsgrove this afternoon. Will try and call by; no Cali though so can't claim the prize for the furthest travelled.
:eek::cheers
Be lovely to see you on your way through.

@All........Have a great weekend
PICTURES......!!!
Wish there was more intrest in a meet a bit closer in my neighbourhood , i can't make the trip to the UK each time:confused:
Shame my attempt for a champagne-meet in France got lost in intrest...

Good job it's not a CC site, a couple of you would be risking the wrath of the warden!:D
Have a great evening in the pub! :cheers

Hope you are all having a good time, we met some lovely people there back in June, make sure you have the carvery on Sunday.

Morning all.
Rain was as forecast and should be all gone by 10 and staying dry and getting warmer so time for things to dry and pack away.

Mike

Hi all - it was great to meet you all this weekend. Sorry we had to leave earlier than planned, but our dog Blue became unwell so we thought it best to get her back home promptly. She's resting up on the sofa and looking a bit better now. Thanks for your company, and to Simon and Alison for all the organising. Jeff+Claire

It was a great weekend, thanks to SimonB and Alison for the organising, including the fabulous weather they laid on for us! Beautiful area, lovely pub, good food with no fancy tourist prices - we'll be back with or without other Calis!

We only came for the day on Saturday and it was amazing to see so many Cali's in one place, thanks to all the people that allowed us to nosey at your vans, we now know we need to buy a roof topper and awning sides!! What a beautiful location this campsite is and we will be coming back for sure at the next meet.

Oh and I reckon I get the prize for the Autumn 2016 Fool of the Lower Lode - AND I made T6 CFO a very happy man!

I had a problem starting so I went to ask SimonB if he knew if anyone had any jump leads. Mike (T6 CFO) was standing there and his eyes positively lit up as he said "Well as it happens....." - he had a new device for starting with a flat battery and had previously said to Simon "If any fool at the Lower Lode flattens their battery, I might get a chance to try it out"

Well the fool was me and it worked perfectly! I shall buy one as soon as possible.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/power-packs-for-flat-cali-battery.15853

Brilliant weekend.
Many thanks to Simon and Alison for organizing the event.
Can't wait for the next one.

Back