Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pairing Heater Remote With VCDS

Alied

Alied

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I own a T6 Beach with the factory fitted Eberspacher Parking heater(the one that blows hot air from the right hand side B pillar). There seems to be a few owners on this forum whose remotes are unpaired or have lost it. I have seen reports on here of owners being quoted £195+ vat for the remote and up to £150+vat to pair the new remote. As I needed a spare remote I ordered this one from Kufatec which worked out around £110 via DHL to the UK plus any custom charges (which I haven’t received yet). Hopefully this procedure should should work on the SE and Oceans but I'm unsure as my vehicle is a Beach.

Parking Heater Remote Pairing With VCDS

[Select]
[0B - Sec Air. Heating]
[Basic Settings 04]
Select Group [004]
If you cant select group 004 by using up/down enter 004 manually.
In top right of screen there is a On/Off/Next button.
Click this button and when it says Send.
Press Remote's [Off] button for 1 second.
Then you should see Send change to Adapt/Learn.
If successful you should see Learned in the box.

The fields should show the status of the procedure.
(the number of the remote) and (learned / not learned)

[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

Note: A total of four remotes can be adapted and each new additional remote adapted will overwrite the oldest adapted remote.

VCDS_  Main Screen 10_27_2021 9_37_25 AM.pngVCDS_  Main Screen 10_27_2021 9_37_38 AM.pngVCDS_  Main Screen 10_27_2021 9_37_50 AM.pngVCDS_  Main Screen 10_27_2021 9_38_32 AM (2).pngVCDS_  Main Screen 10_27_2021 9_38_34 AM (1).pngVCDS_  Main Screen 10_27_2021 9_38_31 AM.png

Nice one Alied, finishes off a few questions raised in several threads nicely

I recently had a new control box fitted to our T6 Ocean by Breeze in Poole and I asked about pairing the remote with the new box. I was told it wouldn't need to be paired with the remote as it wasn't required. I tried it and it worked or perhaps the receiver isn't in the control box and therefore hadn't been replaced.

Hello Alied, I have a 2013 Beach. Can you let me know what lead and VCDS software I need to order to pair a remote? Thanks in advance, Oz.

Hello Alied, I have a 2013 Beach. Can you let me know what lead and VCDS software I need to order to pair a remote? Thanks in advance, Oz.
Does your Beach have the factory heater and remote receiver fitted from factory?

Hello Alied. It does have a factory parking heater, and should have come with a remote in the first place. I have ordered a replacement from Germany. I just need to know what cable and what software to buy to pair it. Thanks, Oz.

Hi @Oz Fisher I recommend that you don’t buy this dongle from fleabay as there are a lot of fakes for sale. VCDS is made by this company in the USA https://www.ross-tech.com/

I bought my dongle from https://www.gendan.co.uk/index.php. You can either buy a dongle that plugs into a usb socket or works over wifi. The price of the dongle depends on how many different cars that you want to work on as it is limited to the number of VIN's ie 3,10 or unlimited.

Here is a link to the 3 VIN usb dongle https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCV23.html

If you go to the T6 forum there is a section for VCDS users who may be willing to help you for a few beer tokens as the dongle is not cheap.

My email is quaywall@ g mail .com if you need any help.

Oh ok thanks Alied. I thought it was as simple as buying a cable and a VCDS disc. I may just pop into my local garage. Thanks though.

Back